Let Me Get This Straight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Let Me Get This Straight

In response to xdrive's comment:

They don't hit, TRUE enough...

they don't fight So?  If they win games but don't fight, does it matter?  Or is this about style points?

they can't hold a 3rd period lead They have the fourth most wins in the league, the second best goal differential, and a 14-3-3 home record.  Pretty sure that means they've had the lead at the end of the third in a few games.

but keep apologizing for them NAS That's not NAS apologizing.  That's you nit-picking on things that are only meaningful in the context of winning and losing - and they're still winning more than they're losing.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll admit I was bummed they couldn't close the deal (especially because they were right there). It isn't the end of the world though. Miller was great and the B's still did some positive things. Would have loved for them to have sole possession of first and send the fans home elated. I didn't happen, it's hockey.

Gutless effort last night? hardly...but in terms of hockey solely (forget the emotions of the week), they've still played pretty mediocre hockey for 6+ weeks now and have blown more late leads than they have in the past few years. They are being outskated and outworked many nights, which doesn't bode well. Doesn't mean I'm gonna throw myself off the Tobin or berate a bunch of guys who have more talent and drive in their clipped toenails than I have in my entire existence.

I just keep hoping for for them to find that extra gear (as Jack and Brick so often refer to). Right now I don't think any of us see it. We'll find out soon enough. You have to get in to contend, if nothing else, last night they got in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I watched TSN lastnight and I didn't see any Ryan Mller "save of the game".  Almost all shots were right at him.  I like my B's as much as anyone but something is definitely not right on the team.  I HOPE guys like Lucic and Chara are saving it for the playoffs otherwise I think they are reading to many vancouver and montreal bloggers about Boston being to rough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Describing last nights game as "2 goals," "clinched a playoff spot", "just a shootout loss," etc. is like describing the 2010 Flyer Choke as, a "hard fought 7 game series."

Feel free to completely, disingenuously, intentionally ignore context.

Oh, there was that "blow another game in the last minute" thing again, too. Didn't mention that?

There has never been Bruins' team more adept at 1. laying a staggering level of egg when they need to come up big AND 3. Blowing third period leads.

When you are all done calling me names, review the 2 points made above. If you disagree with either, your Sunshine Lollypops Outlook is as devoid of credibility as you are.

But then, you were the guy calling me names when I said the heavily favored B's would lose to Washington in the playoffs last year. You were leading the charge with empty stats and BS pointing at the standings earlier this year when many of us pointed out the glaring weaknesses of this team, that would eventually derail them, even if they were winning at the time.

Keep your head in the sand. Hey, they are in second in the conference, right? Yeah, that will work out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

they don't fight So?  If they win games but don't fight, does it matter?  Or is this about style points?

they can't hold a 3rd period lead They have the fourth most wins in the league, the second best goal differential, and a 14-3-3 home record.  Pretty sure that means they've had the lead at the end of the third in a few games.

but keep apologizing for them NAS That's not NAS apologizing.  That's you nit-picking on things that are only meaningful in the context of winning and losing - and they're still winning more than they're losing.

Really??? What's their record since the 19-2-2 start??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

I watched TSN lastnight and I didn't see any Ryan Mller "save of the game".  Almost all shots were right at him.  I like my B's as much as anyone but something is definitely not right on the team.  I HOPE guys like Lucic and Chara are saving it for the playoffs otherwise I think they are reading to many vancouver and montreal bloggers about Boston being to rough.

Maybe because like me you were watching it on NBCS feed via TSN and didn't get to see why a replay as of why Chara got that penalty . I had it on DVR so I back tracked 3-4 times to review the call and what I could see was two players going for the puck that neither had possession but close enough to go shoulder to shoulder . Conclusion , Chara being the stronger player gets the penalty . Translation Chara was too rough.

As for Lucic there was a point in the season there was a stretch where he kept on getting called for either roughing , boarding ....  I can recall a game against these same Sabres because I was at the game.  Looked like a clean hit and got called for boarding.  Sabres scored on PP and from that point the game changed and the Bruins lost. 

Lucic is either not hitting as much because he has an injury or the league is trying to tame him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

they can't hold a 3rd period lead They have the fourth most wins in the league, the second best goal differential, and a 14-3-3 home record.  Pretty sure that means they've had the lead at the end of the third in a few games

Hey Book... go to NHL.com, click on "stats" and "teams."

Sort the teams in order of "winning percentage after leading after 2 periods."

Boston Bruins, at .650. #29 in the National Hockey League.

Explain again how the Bruins don't blow leads because they have a lot of wins.

Tell us how winning games has anything to do with whether they blow leads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Well said NAS. Even the Blackhawks went into a funk after their long winning streak, and if you're a Habs fan, you're probably pretty upset right now with their play. Teams go thru this every year, shortened or not.

Bruins have just as good a chance to get something going come playoff time as anyone in the East. It's a new season. I like their chances.

GO BRUINS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ever since I wrote fu** and sh** in this sentence, I haven't sworn once.

If you remove win streaks, and keep losing streaks, a team's record will look worse than it is.  However, it might be more accurate to see the whole picture.  

Now I think everyone will agree that the Bruins aren't playing their best hockey.  They aren't hitting much either, which is disturbing.  In my opinion, they aren't playing well enough to make a serious Cup run.  And for the posters that demand nothing but dominance in the regular season, you will continue to be disappointed.

But it seems odd to come unglued after a game of minor importance (hockey-wise) towards the end of the regular season.  And yes, I also thought to myself "they're gonna blow this lead" with two minutes left.

But if you take a step back, they didn't blow if because of poor effort.  A very unlucky play by Ference that led to a 6 on 4 in the final minute.  Miller was great.  The shootout featured some uncharacteristically weak attempts from key guys.  Oh well.  They got a point, they clinch the playoffs, they moved into first place.  Not a disaster.

I'm hopeful they'll pull it together for the playoffs.  They are getting healthy, getting some roster depth, and guys like Lucic can't possibly stay in this slump. 

I distinctly remember the same 'sky is falling' rhetoric here in 2011 during regular season loses.  Look at the big picture and don't get so emotional about regular season ties.  Keep your eye on the prize.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

they can't hold a 3rd period lead They have the fourth most wins in the league, the second best goal differential, and a 14-3-3 home record.  Pretty sure that means they've had the lead at the end of the third in a few games

Your stat means that 2 out of every 3 games where they enter the third period with the lead, they win the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Your stat means that 2 out of every 3 games where they enter the third period with the lead, they win the game.

I haven't checked, but if the B's are 29th in their ability to hold onto leads in the third......it stinks.  No way to sugar coat that Book.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

And if they aren't "saving it for the playoffs" and end up losing after a round or two, I'll have really enjoyed the season while people like you will have spent time stewing about...what?  OTLs and ugly wins.

Beyond the prospect of this team winning the Cup, I happen to enjoy hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No I only get to see PinkSoxFan weak regression when someone shows her that the stats trying to prove the Bruins are bad in the 3rd are wrong LoL

PinkSkirt attemped this whole dialog, "the Bs will never win with Thomas", in the spring of 2011 then came right back to claim how much she loves the Bruins. WEAK SAUCE!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No I only get to see PinkSoxFan weak regression when someone shows her that the stats trying to prove the Bruins are bad in the 3rd are wrong LoL

PinkSkirt attemped this whole dialog, "the Bs will never win with Thomas", in the spring of 2011 then came right back to claim how much she loves the Bruins. WEAK SAUCE!

translation please?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

translation please?

So Soderberg can understand:

Nej jag bara få se PinkSoxFan svag tillbakagång när någon visar henne att statistik försöker bevisa nallarna är dåligt i den 3: e har fel LoL

PinkSkirt försökte ta hela denna dialog, "den B aldrig kommer att vinna med Thomas", under våren 2011 och sedan kom tillbaka för att kräva hur mycket hon älskar nallarna. SVAG sås!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I haven't checked, but if the B's are 29th in their ability to hold onto leads in the third......it stinks.  No way to sugar coat that Book.

Good thing they don't go into the third leading all that often.

Next Thread Headline:  The B's Don't Go Into The Third With The Lead Enough!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And if they aren't "saving it for the playoffs" and end up losing after a round or two, I'll have really enjoyed the season while people like you will have spent time stewing about...what?  OTLs and ugly wins.

This is it for me, i'm a diehard B's fan and have watched them or followed them since i was a little boy.Every year i follow them with the view of the eternal optimist and cheer when they win and get disappointed when they lose.When i am not watching a B's game i watch countless other games and really enjoy that too but with little vested interest other than my enjoyment of hockey.I come on these boards because their are so many more knowledgable posters than me and they are a treat to read, better than what you'd get on any newstand and i can understand when some of them get upset when the Bruins don't play up to their lofty standards. Critiquing or cheering on "our" team is what this board is all about.

With all that being said, some posters who want to come on here after a shootout loss and after one of the worst tragedies in the cities history by calling the B's a bunch of heartless, gutless, talentless chumps are way overboard and unwarranted. If any of you have ever played professional hockey it isn't as easy as it looks.If you want to pull out every meaningless stat to support your overblown unwarranted ranting, then so be it, but after awhile it comes across as pretty sad.If you can't watch the B's without expecting them to outhit, outshoot, outscore, and win every game by a huge margin then you are going to continue on being disappointed, but if you come on here because your a hockey fan and like debating then so be it but name calling and putting the team down makes me think people like that don't enjoy hockey they just enjoy raging.If thats the case there must be other forums you can visit where like minded individuals can spew venom all day long.

Other than that 26-11-5 is pretty good in my books and i look forward to the Bruins firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs, color me rose!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

They don't hit, they don't fight they can't hold a 3rd period lead but keep apologizing for them NAS

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it just as useful as your constant crying about a 1st place team that keeps letting you down?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Apparently math escapes you too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great post, 50!

As many know, I've spent a lot of time in Florida this season and have been able to go to many Panthers games.  You want to talk about horrible play?  Get on a conference call with me and Fletcher and we'll tell you about what it's like for Panthers and Avs fans.  We're unlucky enough to witness the two worst teams in the NHL.  The B's are leading the division and are second in the conference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm glad I never came by last night. Lately I've stopped coming on the board following a loss because some posters seem to lose their minds. Looks like las night in particular I made the right call by staying away.

Great thread NAS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here's an interesting stat DrCC posted on another thread.

Bruins are 10-2-0 when entering the 3rd tied.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The Bruins are fine. Compressed games are a great equalizer, hopefully not to be employed in future seasons.

I know lots of people could't accept the Bruins losing a 3rd game in 4 days. A note to those:

Try going to a gymn on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (or any similar scenario) ... Do 10 sets of bench presses, 10 reps maximum you can do. You will note on Monday and Wednesday you'll be okay. Thursday however, you won't get through your workout doing same amount of weight/reps. Not an excuse ... fact. Same with hockey or any other sport where you exert yourself to the maximum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This is it for me, i'm a diehard B's fan and have watched them or followed them since i was a little boy.Every year i follow them with the view of the eternal optimist and cheer when they win and get disappointed when they lose.When i am not watching a B's game i watch countless other games and really enjoy that too but with little vested interest other than my enjoyment of hockey.I come on these boards because their are so many more knowledgable posters than me and they are a treat to read, better than what you'd get on any newstand and i can understand when some of them get upset when the Bruins don't play up to their lofty standards. Critiquing or cheering on "our" team is what this board is all about.

With all that being said, some posters who want to come on here after a shootout loss and after one of the worst tragedies in the cities history by calling the B's a bunch of heartless, gutless, talentless chumps are way overboard and unwarranted. If any of you have ever played professional hockey it isn't as easy as it looks.If you want to pull out every meaningless stat to support your overblown unwarranted ranting, then so be it, but after awhile it comes across as pretty sad.If you can't watch the B's without expecting them to outhit, outshoot, outscore, and win every game by a huge margin then you are going to continue on being disappointed, but if you come on here because your a hockey fan and like debating then so be it but name calling and putting the team down makes me think people like that don't enjoy hockey they just enjoy raging.If thats the case there must be other forums you can visit where like minded individuals can spew venom all day long.

Other than that 26-11-5 is pretty good in my books and i look forward to the Bruins firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs, color me rose!  

This is very well said and should be saved for future threads on the same topic.

Sections
Shortcuts