Let the hate begin...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Let the hate begin...

When I read the title of the thread I thought of how Bruins fans react to their own team after a loss.

Or just thoughts on Thornton ..........Marchand.........Julien...........Boychuk..........Ward........ Ference..........so on and so on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After having bottled up anger issues due to the lockout, I look forward to...

1)   Hating the Sabres...  The potential for Ott, Kaleta, and Jon Scott to all be in lineup fires me up.  I have a feeling there is still some bad blood re: the hit on Miller. 

2)    Hating Ribiero...  now that the Caps have added one of the best divers in the game.

3)  Hating all Canucks fans...  I didn't think I would develop more hate for the supporters of these Jokers versus the supporters of the Canadians.  Looks like the Zack Kassian deal is working out real well for them; I wonder if he'll even make the team.  Glad I live on the West Coast to see the Sharks pummel them and still get a good night's sleep.

4)  Taking on the Flyers with Sestito, Rinaldo, Hartnell, and Jody Shelley. While Hartnell is the only one with actual talent, one of these other skating clowns will probably stir it up against the B's.

5) Already hate the Pens just because I think they are the team to beat (along with the NYR) with Sydney healthy and Malkin.  Plus, there is always the Cooke factor.

[/QUOTE]

Worse part of these 3 is that only one of them will fight & I don't think there's anybody on the B's who can handle Scott. Who barring injury will be in the lineup every single game against Lucic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After having bottled up anger issues due to the lockout, I look forward to...

1)   Hating the Sabres...  The potential for Ott, Kaleta, and Jon Scott to all be in lineup fires me up.  I have a feeling there is still some bad blood re: the hit on Miller. [/QUOTE]

Worse part of these 3 is that only one of them will fight & I don't think there's anybody on the B's who can handle Scott. Who barring injury will be in the lineup every single game against Lucic. [/QUOTE]

Not that I want Chara in the box for 5 minutes but I don't think Scott could man handle Z. Let Thornton do his job and hold on for a couple of minutes while Scott flales away.

I also don't think Mcquaid would get destroyed by Scott but again I don't want Adam in the box for 5 either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I know Chara could probably handle him. Do I want him to? No. I also think Thornton can hold his own. He has taken on Boogard and he was a monster as well. I am not concerned. In order to have a fight happen, a Bruin will have to accept an offer from Scott. I don't think they are dumb enough to let that happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

... and end with the habs. for me, there's no other proffesional sporting event i'd rather watch than b's/ habs. the greatest rivalry in hockey without a doubt, in the argument for greatest rivalry in all sports. there's something about those two sweaters on the ice, it feels like a fight could break out at ANY second. and i love it! how is a bruins hate-list made with 5 teams on it, and montreal is absent? puzzling. when it comes to the shabs- wins are blissful, and losses are excruciating. nothing else compares.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Mcquaid pound for pound is probably the fiercest fighter the B's have. However, the guy has had his bell rung & if he's going to be fighting I'd rather it be against someone who at least has decent ice time from the other team. And Chara isn't a great fighter at all. He's just strong & out reaches everbody. Chris Neil handled the big guy quite well last year. Where Lucic destroyed Neil. Jon Scott is one of the better scrappers in the league & it should by rights be only Thorts who goes with him, but I just can't see Jullien making Lucic skate away from Scott the way he did against Laraque. Especially if it's Boston. And you can bet that Ruff will be putting Scott against Lucic in the first period of the first game they play. Then you have that potential of losing a 15 goal scorer in the shortened season to a 20 games/2min guy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

adk - It's because the Habs are awful. If the Habs actually had a team to fear, they'd be more hated. I can't wait til they buy out Gomez and rebuild so we can rekindle the rivalry.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... and end with the habs. for me, there's no other proffesional sporting event i'd rather watch than b's/ habs. the greatest rivalry in hockey without a doubt, in the argument for greatest rivalry in all sports. there's something about those two sweaters on the ice, it feels like a fight could break out at ANY second. and i love it! how is a bruins hate-list made with 5 teams on it, and montreal is absent? puzzling. when it comes to the shabs- wins are blissful, and losses are excruciating. nothing else compares.

[/QUOTE]

The problem here adk is that the Habs aren't really a fighting team, annoying yes, divers yes, but tough no. They did pick up Prust and he will go, but i wouldn't consider him a heavyweight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know Chara could probably handle him. Do I want him to? No. I also think Thornton can hold his own. He has taken on Boogard and he was a monster as well. I am not concerned.In order to have a fight happen, a Bruin will have to accept an offer from Scott. I don't think they are dumb enough to let that happen.

[/QUOTE]

Also, Scott will get about 2 or 3 minutes icetime. If the game is close he likely won't get on the ice much at all. If he indeed does want to fight, the B's will answer the bell and if Scott takes the instigator, then the Bruins mighty PP will make the Sabres pay. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

adk - It's because the Habs are awful. If the Habs actually had a team to fear, they'd be more hated. I can't wait til they buy out Gomez and rebuild so we can rekindle the rivalry.  

[/QUOTE]

it's no matter how good EITHER team is. given the parity of the nhl, the worst team can beat the best team on any given night. NOTHING compares to the joy i feel when the bruins spank the habs (it borders on lunacy). NOTHING compares to the aweful feeling i have when the b's - (hate to even think about it, so i won't type it). these two teams played an EPIC 7 game playoff series two years ago, now the rivalry is not there because they had one poor season? i don't get it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem here adk is that the Habs aren't really a fighting team, annoying yes, divers yes, but tough no. They did pick up Prust and he will go, but i wouldn't consider him a heavyweight.

[/QUOTE]

this is exactly the reason i can't stand them. it's always been the "pretty boys" vs. the "lunch pail" guys. they consider the bruins neanderthals for their style of play, we consider them sallies for style of play. this has not changed- has it? they dive and stir the hornets nest, then look for the nearest official to hide behind. it's not just the players either. the mon fans crying/ reacting to EVERY hab that falls down. not to mention their media is insane. just because the b's have gotten the better of the habs recently, why would it take away from nearly a 100 years of genuine mutual dislike? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

to sum up... imo any bruin fan that hates any team more than the habs, is a prisoner of the moment. what trumps a hundred years of hate?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

to sum up... imo any bruin fan that hates any team more than the habs, is a prisoner of the moment. what trumps a hundred years of hate?  

[/QUOTE]

I agree, a lifetime of despising the habs will always be there forever, but i'm a prisoner of the moment in my hatred for the Hab clones, the Nucks. We won't have the pleasure of watching the B's thump the Nucks this year unless they meet in the finals this year, who knows. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, one minute of true love?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

vanouver is west-montreal, and don't get me wrong, i wish bad things for the 'nucks.  bitchy little girls. sorry red

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, one minute of true love?

[/QUOTE]

sadly...that's about all i can offer, and i wouldn't call that love. you'd think "misty" would offer a $discount$  for this, she's making about $5,000 an hour ... hehe 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think with the Sabers picking up Ot,  that will certainly help the B's & Sabers rivial. Kaleta & Ott are the two dick heads that I hope a guy like Mcquaid & Lucic pummel to oblivion! There's absolutely no rivial that gets the hate juices going more than the Bruins & Habs. Even the Flames-Oilers rivial takes a back seat. The B's vs C's has been around far too long & the lopesided w/l record makes any true Bruin fan froth at the mouth. There's one Hab that I hope gets his a handed to him this short season and that is Pacioretty. So much so that he'll need to call Dr. Recchi to "patch" him up. I know big Z flattened him & hurt him badly already, but that could've been anyone coming down that side. I want someone to face the punk & drop the bast'd like a tonne of bricks with a great shot to the jaw! Then see how pushy he is after that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think Mcquaid pound for pound is probably the fiercest fighter the B's have. However, the guy has had his bell rung & if he's going to be fighting I'd rather it be against someone who at least has decent ice time from the other team. And Chara isn't a great fighter at all. He's just strong & out reaches everbody.  Jon Scott is one of the better scrappers in the league  And you can bet that Ruff will be putting Scott against Lucic in the first period of the first game they play. Then you have that potential of losing a 15 goal scorer in the shortened season to a 20 games/2min guy.

If you take away Scott's height he is a below average fighter, that is why I would give McQuiad a fighters chance. That is right Z is probably the strongest guy in the league and I why I would have no fear of Scott even touching Chara in a scrap. Z doesn't need to be a scrapper to whip Scott around like a ragdoll.

Lucic didn't go down when Colton Orr broke his nose, I would be fine if Lucic faced off with Scott.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

vanouver is west-montreal, and don't get me wrong, i wish bad things for the 'nucks.  bitchy little girls. sorry red

[/QUOTE]

no worries, I feel the same way -  living out here I certainly hate the Canucks, but they still can't trump the Habs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Mcquaid pound for pound is probably the fiercest fighter the B's have. However, the guy has had his bell rung & if he's going to be fighting I'd rather it be against someone who at least has decent ice time from the other team. And Chara isn't a great fighter at all. He's just strong & out reaches everbody.  Jon Scott is one of the better scrappers in the league  And you can bet that Ruff will be putting Scott against Lucic in the first period of the first game they play. Then you have that potential of losing a 15 goal scorer in the shortened season to a 20 games/2min guy.

If you take away Scott's height he is a below average fighter, that is why I would give McQuiad a fighters chance. That is right Z is probably the strongest guy in the league and I why I would have no fear of Scott even touching Chara in a scrap. Z doesn't need to be a scrapper to whip Scott around like a ragdoll.

Lucic didn't go down when Colton Orr broke his nose, I would be fine if Lucic faced off with Scott.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. What if Lucic breaks his hand on Scott's face? I'd rather he not waste his time on a 2 minute a night waste of a roster spot. Now if he wants to fight someone that could make a worthwhile contribution to the Sabres on the scoreboard, be my guest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when did the rivalry end?

as far as i'm concerned it'll never end....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. What if Lucic breaks his hand on Scott's face? I'd rather he not waste his time on a 2 minute a night waste of a roster spot. Now if he wants to fight someone that could make a worthwhile contribution to the Sabres on the scoreboard, be my guest.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care who Looch fights as long as it's not just the other teams goon. In his rookie year when he was still proving himself I was all for it. Now for him to be wasted fighting the likes of Orr's, or Scotts I think it's stupid. Unless one of these goons cheapshots a Bruin then I think it's Lucic's duty to step up if he's the one on the ice. I hope we never see Chara tangle with Scott. Last yr when Jody Shelly sucked him in I was so PO'd over that. Shelly & the Flyers would take that beating 10 out 10 times.  I still think Scott has more then just size 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BLLnkm1H4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's no matter how good EITHER team is. given the parity of the nhl, the worst team can beat the best team on any given night. NOTHING compares to the joy i feel when the bruins spank the habs (it borders on lunacy). NOTHING compares to the aweful feeling i have when the b's - (hate to even think about it, so i won't type it). these two teams played an EPIC 7 game playoff series two years ago, now the rivalry is not there because they had one poor season? i don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

couldn't have put it better myself....

when you have a Carey Price in nets you can't be taken lightly....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment: [QUOTE]

Lucic didn't go down when Colton Orr broke his nose, I would be fine if Lucic faced off with Scott. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. What if Lucic breaks his hand on Scott's face? I'd rather he not waste his time on a 2 minute a night waste of a roster spot. Now if he wants to fight someone that could make a worthwhile contribution to the Sabres on the scoreboard, be my guest. [/QUOTE]

You let me know it goes telling Lucic he can't fight who he wants. Now if Julien ordered Lucic not to fight Scott I'd be fine with that as well. I put an "if" in my statement above becuase Lucic has been good about who he faces the last few years and when.

Sections
Shortcuts