Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin

Before everyon starts lining up to take a giant leap of the bandwagon, Simma Down Now!

The Bruins aren't catching the Rangers for 1st in the East however baring a complete collapse they are more than likely to still win the NorthEast Division and in doing so secure 2nd place in the Eastern Conference.

Although the team has been mired in a slump for the last 20+ games anyone that has actually watched these games should be willing to admit that in far too many of these 20+ marginal games, especially lately, two things have been far too consistent:

1.  The goal tending by the Bruins has been average at best and on far too many nights the other team's goalie has stood on their head.

2. Luck and bounces.  Luck and bounces are a big "x" factor in hockey and in far too many of the last 20+ games the other team has gotten the bounces and the Bruins haven't.  Granted you make your own luck but look at today's game against the Rangers.  Rangers really got lucky on two of their goals and the Bruins could have scored 5+ goals in the 2nd period alone. Look at yesterday's game against the Islanders, Lucic's shot with under 20 seconds in the 3rd goes in 9 out of 10 times, just not yesterday. Not to mention the blown icing call which lead to the game winning goal. If that ain't the definition of bad luck I don't know what is.

Fear not.  The Bruins are still goning to finish 2nd in the East, no one in the East is a juggernaught by any stretch. Stop NY Rangers fans. The Rangers are literally doing it all with goal tending and defense. Barring a run like the B's had last year they ain't winning crap due to a terrible power play and lack of secondary scoring. The Rangers aren't a very deep on offense or defense. I just don't see a long playoff run out of them unless Lundquist goes hog-wild.  

The Bruins are still top 5 in goals scored and goals against and are in the top 10 in PP and PK and all of this despite a terrible start to the year and the slump that began in January. 

Assumming Peverly and Horton come back they will have greath depth at both forward and defense.  Peverly and Horton's return will probably send Caron and Pouliot to the pine (Rolston offers way more as a player than Pouliot) and as soon as Ferrence returns the turnover machine whose shot only hits the crest of the goalie or the back of the boards, Corvo is headed for the bench as well.

Taking a look a the probable playoff lines assuming they get healthy and the goal tending improves a tick I'm not about to jump off the bandwagon.  Let's at least wait until the playoffs begin before we start worrying about waiting till next year.  

As it stands I only see 4 teams that have enough to win it this year.

(In order of likely Cup Victory this year) Detroit, Vancouver, the Bruins and Pittsburgh (no Rangers, I could see a 1st round upset).

Playoffs Lines:

Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
    Rolston - Peverly - Kelly
    Paille - Campbell - Thorton

Reserve Forwards:  Pouliot/Caron + black aces

Chara - Seidenberg
    Ferrence -Boychuck
    Mcquaid -Zannon

Reserver Defesne:  Corvo, Mottau + black aces.

Go B's!  I still believe!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin

bobforte, the comment on the Rangers being one and done is on my mind.  If the Bs can a manintain divisional lead, then the Rangers would have to face the likes of Washington or even Tampa.  Those teams can upset the Rangers.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great post Bob!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I want the bandwagon jumpers to bolt.  I've lived most of my life with the B's being average to poor to above average to bad to good to great to terrible...

If the pink hats buy Sox tickets, B's tickets will be cheaper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Funny, and here I was thinking that if the Rangers end up playing any of the Panthers, Lightning, Caps or Jets, that it will be a four game sweeep in the Rangers' favour.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I second the good post, Bob.

There is nothing wrong with the Bruins that the return of Horton and Peverley can't fix. There biggest problem, and their only problem, right now is secondary scoring. The additions of Rolston and Zanon will help tactically, and will be proven so in April.

I agree, the Rangers will find themselves in trouble come playoff time. They can win all they want during the regular season. They will suffer come April because the don't have a fourth line or a third defensive pairing. Their tongues and tails will be drooping three or four games into their first series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Have you been watching a different SE division than I have this year? I love my Jets, but any of those four teams will get absolutely smoked by New York.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin:
    [QUOTE]Have you been watching a different SE division than I have this year? I love my Jets, but any of those four teams will get absolutely smoked by New York.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, I'd put my money on the Jets against Rangers.

Jets will take all three games in Winnipeg, for sure. Winning 1 out of 4 at MSG is more than possible - it is down right certain.

Florida or Tampa have just as good a shot.

This is how you make money, Red.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Great post, Bob, except that I don't know why you assume that Horton will be back...he didn't skate yet. In fact, as I know, he's not even doing gym.
    I think that without him, there's a lack of offense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I remember when the Bruins went up 3-0 in a series and lost said series. Now THAT was not fun. The Bruins played 2 months of playoff hockey last season, and won the Stanley Cup. I never thought I'd ever see that in my lifetime. 

The Rangers haven't won anything yet. (great post, Bob!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good post Bob.  Despite the troubling recent loses and what seems to be a team on the brink of collapse, I actually thought they played pretty well this weekend.  I am not big on silver linings, but considering the injuries they played and competed pretty darn hard and played well enough to win.

I saw a lot of posts, crossbars, and pucks rolling along the goal line without going in, but that is the type of funk they are in.  I am really not sure how far they will go this year, but I do think it well get better.

I also agree with NAS in that I don't care how popular the Bruins are with the masses in Boston.  Let the Sox take the fair-weather fans and pink hats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The Rangers are for real, and it's silly to think otherwise. No reason to think they'll fall short of the ECF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Washington looked so good last year and the year before, and guess what? they were one and done.  One thing about the playoffs, defense wins games, but offense can upset in a series!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Thanks guy -- I've been with this team for 50 years and not feeling too well lately especially since I have to meet up with a bunch of Ranger and Islander fans here in Jersey tomorrow. Your post pulled me up a few paces.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin : Red, I'd put my money on the Jets against Rangers. Jets will take all three games in Winnipeg, for sure. Winning 1 out of 4 at MSG is more than possible - it is down right certain. Florida or Tampa have just as good a shot. This is how you make money, Red.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I like your optimism, but I don't think a Whiteout is enough to toss Lundqvist off his game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin : Red, I'd put my money on the Jets against Rangers. Jets will take all three games in Winnipeg, for sure. Winning 1 out of 4 at MSG is more than possible - it is down right certain. Florida or Tampa have just as good a shot. This is how you make money, Red.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

It's more like how you lose money . If you're going to make a bet like this just donate to my favourite charity Cash-in-Chowda's-pocket instead. It's a worthwhile cause. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

ah, the cultists unite. I, for one, was never on the bandwagon. I loved winning the Cup, but recognized we did so with exceptional goaltending and great depth play. Without those two the B's are an average team.
    And you gotta love it when someone claims we are only losing because opposition goalies are playing exceptional against the Bruins. Not anyone else - just the Bruins.
    For the record, I repeat, you can be a Democrat and not like Obama - you can be a Bruins fan and not like Krechi, Horton or others. Being a fan does not mean being a mormon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Great post, Bob, except that I don't know why you assume that Horton will be back...he didn't skate yet. In fact, as I know, he's not even doing gym. I think that without him, there's a lack of offense...
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And if he does come back there's no guarantee that he'll be the same Nathan Horton of last post-season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]ah, the cultists unite. I, for one, was never on the bandwagon. I loved winning the Cup, but recognized we did so with exceptional goaltending and great depth play. Without those two the B's are an average team. And you gotta love it when someone claims we are only losing because opposition goalies are playing exceptional against the Bruins. Not anyone else - just the Bruins. For the record, I repeat, you can be a Democrat and not like Obama - you can be a Bruins fan and not like Krechi, Horton or others. Being a fan does not mean being a mormon.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

No one listened to your nonsense the first time.  What makes you think we'll listen now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]ah, the cultists unite. I, for one, was never on the bandwagon. I loved winning the Cup, but recognized we did so with exceptional goaltending and great depth play. Without those two the B's are an average team. And you gotta love it when someone claims we are only losing because opposition goalies are playing exceptional against the Bruins. Not anyone else - just the Bruins. For the record, I repeat, you can be a Democrat and not like Obama - you can be a Bruins fan and not like Krechi, Horton or others. Being a fan does not mean being a mormon.

I certainly hope not, that whole magic underwear and Planet Kolob thing is just too much for me to believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like the post. The B's are not far off they're a solid team that just needs to play a little better. That Jet team would be a scary team to face in the 1st round, I believe they would a tough out. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How about you figure out which players are on which teams and then get back to us. BTW, I challenge you to find a single poster who's claimed the Bruins "are losing only because the opposition goalie is playing exceptional". You won't sound so stupid if you'd stop talking nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I have been a fan since '68 and what I love about watching the B's is the game of HOCKEY itself !

It's a beautiful , graceful and at the same time a hard nose game that is being played in front of our eyes. Enjoy the speed, enjoy the tic tac toe passing , enjoy watching the play develop, enjoy watching a defender play a 2 v 1, enjoy a short give in go, enjoy watching a goalie play the angles and enjoy watching Seguin and Lucic who are two different type of players putting the fear of God into a defender.

So to all you pink hats,  buzz off !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let the jumping off the bandwagon begin : It's more like how you lose money . If you're going to make a bet like this just donate to my favourite charity Cash-in-Chowda's-pocket instead. It's a worthwhile cause. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Chowda, the surest way to lose money is by putting it on the favourite. Even if you do win, you make peanuts because everyone bet them.

The easiest way to make money is on an underdog that has a legitmate shot.

That qualifies any opponent of the Rangers in the playoffs, because the Rangers , as a team, haven't proved anything in the playoffs. They must learn like all other good teams - by losing in the playoffs.

Get some money ready. I won't remind you again.

Sections
Shortcuts