Let the kid play !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let the kid play !!

It's looking more and more after their skate this morning that if Krejci (game time decision) plays he still has Pandolfo skating on the 3rd line.  This is just not right !  I think the 3rd line will look better with Peverly - Spooner - Caron.

Will Julien scratch the Spooner un-justifiably again in Ottawa with friend and family in attendance ?  I know Julien is about winning games and not whom is in the stands but Spooner just looked better than Pandolfo the other night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Let the kid play !!

i hope he plays. i think he was one of the bruins better players last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i hope he plays. i think he was one of the bruins better players last night.

I think I got my answer. If Krejci is okay to play and Spooner was brought up as an emergency call up to replace him means he can only play for the injured player (thanks Matt Kalman)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

It's looking more and more after their skate this morning that if Krejci (game time decision) plays he still has Pandolfo skating on the 3rd line.  This is just not right !  I think the 3rd line will look better with Peverly - Spooner - Caron.

Will Julien scratch the Spooner un-justifiably again in Ottawa with friend and family in attendance ?  I know Julien is about winning games and not whom is in the stands but Spooner just looked better than Pandolfo the other night.

I like this idea if Krejci is ready to go except i would flip Paille for Caron, Caron to the 4th line and bobs your uncle.As Spooner is an injury replacement i guess he would have to be sent down and recalled but it could be an option for the Leaf game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

What is the process of revoking injury waiver and bringing him back up in the more traditional way?  Can his injury waiver be transferred from Krejci to McQuaid.  Can we pretend that the callup was due to Savard's 'injury'?  Did Kalman go in detail?  Do you have a link if he did?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

What is the process of revoking injury waiver and bringing him back up in the more traditional way?  Can his injury waiver be transferred from Krejci to McQuaid.  Can we pretend that the callup was due to Savard's 'injury'?  Did Kalman go in detail?  Do you have a link if he did?

Good question as it seems odd that a team has to go through a paper transaction to keep a player with the team and can't play him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I like that Third line with Spooner as well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

I could be missing something, but my reading of the CBA would allow it to be more generous than that.

(i) A player on loan to a Club of any
    league affiliated with the League may be recalled from such loan
    under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the
    emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to
    the club from which he was recalled.

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be
    established when the playing strength of the loaning Club, by
    reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League
    suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two (2)
    goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof
    of the existence of the emergency conditions including the
    incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League
    upon request made by him.

(b) (i) A Club recalling a Player from a minor
    league club, under emergency conditions, must specify on the
    transfer form the name of the injured, ill or suspended Player
    whom the Player on emergency recall is replacing.

(ii) When an emergency condition
    terminates, the Club must submit a transfer form indicating
    whether the Player's status has converted to regular recall or
    is assigned to his minor league club.

So as I'm reading it, as long as you are still under a 20 man roster and the specified unavailable player remains unavailable, you can keep your emergency recall player up, regardless of how much time you have had since he first came up to arrange a proper AHL callup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't get why they can't just give him a regular call up. He has a two way deal, and they have plenty of cap space...whatsup with this? is it maybe he doesn't get paid NHL salary if it's on emergency basis?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I don't get why they can't just give him a regular call up. He has a two way deal, and they have plenty of cap space...whatsup with this? is it maybe he doesn't get paid NHL salary if it's on emergency basis?

They should just send MacDermid down and call Spooner up permanently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think it has to do with how many times you call up a player without going through waivers eventually.  Not sure how it works with the new CBA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In response to inflamedcolon's comment:

I could be missing something, but my reading of the CBA would allow it to be more generous than that.

(i) A player on loan to a Club of any
    league affiliated with the League may be recalled from such loan
    under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the
    emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to
    the club from which he was recalled.

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be
    established when the playing strength of the loaning Club, by
    reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League
    suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two (2)
    goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof
    of the existence of the emergency conditions including the
    incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League
    upon request made by him.

(b) (i) A Club recalling a Player from a minor
    league club, under emergency conditions, must specify on the
    transfer form the name of the injured, ill or suspended Player
    whom the Player on emergency recall is replacing.

(ii) When an emergency condition
    terminates, the Club must submit a transfer form indicating
    whether the Player's status has converted to regular recall or
    is assigned to his minor league club.

So as I'm reading it, as long as you are still under a 20 man roster and the specified unavailable player remains unavailable, you can keep your emergency recall player up, regardless of how much time you have had since he first came up to arrange a proper AHL callup.

Thanks for the explanation, Inflamedco.... uh... IC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

KEEP DREAMING ....I'd love to watch Spooner tonight but it wont happen ....Bourque had a 20 games or so trial ...Spooner wont get that chance ,,,,old mentallity ..they prefer to keep old legs in the line up....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Here is what I would do :

1) send Macdermid down

2) make Pandolfo a healthy scratch hopefully forever.

3) place Spooner between Caron and Peverley

4) bring up Sauve to push Caron