Letang gets his bell rung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Letang gets his bell rung

Not sure who's seen the hit ,  it sure looks like Letang might be out again with a concussion. 
    To me the contact looked legal and not sure Nystrom gets the head or is at fault for touching the head as Letang is reaching but Letang is a little far from the puck.
    If anyone gets the link feel free post : )

p.s. Milbury says 5games ?  Really ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Letang gets his bell rung

Right now this is all I got.
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_784203.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://youtu.be/bBh15iQSBuY
    Crap quality.  Hard to say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Letang gets his bell rung:
    [QUOTE]http://youtu.be/bBh15iQSBuY Crap quality.  Hard to say.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

True but as we've seen it doesn't take much to put a player, previously concussed back to square one. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Letang gets his bell rung : True but as we've seen it doesn't take much to put a player, previously concussed back to square one. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    The "hard to say" was more about figuring out what happened.  Could certainly be a concussion, like with Horton.

No clue if this would be worthy of a suspension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Looks to me like Nystrom purposely lifted his arm to make contact and got him on the head.  I could see him getting a suspension, or walking free.  Depends on Shanny's mood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Letang gets his bell rung : The "hard to say" was more about figuring out what happened.  Could certainly be a concussion, like with Horton. No clue if this would be worthy of a suspension.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Agreed - Using the clip in this thread it's not clear.  No doubt Shanahan will be on it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It all depends if Sherriff Shanny deems the hit "predatory".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Man it is so sad to see all of these great players knocked down by concussions.... so much talent and entertainment value wasted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not to mention all these coaches too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Man it is so sad to see all of these great players knocked down by concussions.... so much talent and entertainment value wasted.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

So true . One my favorite players, Toews , also out with his 2nd concussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

This will be a five game suspension because it's on a Penguins player. If it were a Bruins player getting hit it would be, "accidental," and therefore it wouldn't matter if he hit him in the head...

Seriously though, that wasn't Nystrom's fault. Letang has to know he's going to get hit there and skate to the puck rather than reaching for it. Blysma himself said Letang was at fault. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619870

Only shows the completely useless view where you can't even tell contact was made.

"Upper-body injury" of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The Matt Cooke curse is alive and well - hows it taste

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Letang gets his bell rung:[QUOTE] The Matt Cooke curse is alive and well - hows it taste Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Ha that's right JDub!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here is a much better look.

Letang tries to poke the puck up the boards and sidestep Nystrom and it looks to me like Letang drops his head/upper body as he extends himself to poke the puck.  There's certainly contact to the head, but Letang is bent over and puts his head in harm's way.  It looks to me like Nystrom jerked his arm as a reaction.

I'm not sure.  I could see Nystrom not getting anything.  I can't see him getting much as it certainly doesn't appear to be premeditated or very specific in targetting the head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcHvhB7iN4&feature=related

I don't see this as dirty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I see Letang looking out of the corner of his eyes and realize Nystrom is coming to hit him. Letang "pulls" back from playing the puck and Nystrom goes to where Letang would be if he continued to play the puck. No suspension.

Quite apparent that Nystrom was NOT playing the puck but going for the hit. This is still a physical game, right?
    If Letang plays the puck and gets hit by Nystrom, there is a possibilty that Nystrom would have hit Letang into the boards and got a charging, boarding call. Possibly a suspension? 20/20 vision ... wish I had it

btw, ask Cooke to answer any questions the Penguins might have. He's just down the row of lockers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

To me its not a dirty hit at all. Letang put himself in that position when he tries to push the puck forward. Letang had his head low. Eric was already in the position to hit him at full speed he can stop or move out of the way. Shanacluless will probably give him 3 to 5 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

From what I can tell that one is OK. Hockey's a fast game, it happens. A little guy like Letang should duck down like Marchand does, then the next time a guy comes flying in reckless like that, he might hesitate a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Letang gets his bell rung:
    [QUOTE]Not sure who's seen the hit ,  it sure looks like Letang might be out again with a concussion.  To me the contact looked legal and not sure Nystrom gets the head or is at fault for touching the head as Letang is reaching but Letang is a little far from the puck. If anyone gets the link feel free post : ) p.s. Milbury says 5games ?  Really ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

How about incidental head contact? If Nystrom is suspended, I'm going fishing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I think the difference here is Letang is the one who is sidestepping back into the lane of Nystrom's path. In other words, Letang makes an unusual move (a more athletic move for a defenseman) and at the speed Nystrom is coming through the zone with, it's not surprising Letang got hit. Also, the height differential between the two makes this look worse.

I don't see that as illegal, intentional or dirty at all.