Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!

1.  Slew foot is not a shot in that video.
    2.  Unsportsmanlike conduct is definitely the call to be made. Viewed by the Refs too!
    3.  No, this does not happen all the time.
    4.  NAS is correct, Marchand is a punk.  Play with an edge during the play not after the whistle.  Others will be watching eventually! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yeah yeah if a hated player did this to the Bruins we would be up in arms. 
    I saw it also last night as Marchand and Bolland were going at it all 3rd period jabbering at each other.
    I don't see it at being a major slu-foot rather than Marchand being a pest and getting Bolland's attention.  They're both not angels.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!:
    [QUOTE]yeah yeah if a hated player did this to the Bruins we would be up in arms.  I saw it also last night as Marchand and Bolland were going at it all 3rd period jabbering at each other. I don't see it at being a major slu-foot rather than Marchand being a pest and getting Bolland's attention.  They're both no angels.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    That's what I saw throughout the game. 2 agitators using their skills against each other.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Cheap.  Yes.
    Big deal. No.
    Anyone's career over?  No.

Hot button for NAS?  Yes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

What is in that video is not a slew foot.  A slew foot is when you twist with your upper body in one direction and use your foot in the opposite direction in a way like a judo take-down. They are usually used along the boards in puck scrums. They cracked down on them because it was a way to hide a tripping call and the speed at which you could fall had the potential to leave you vulnerable to hitting your head. That Marchand play looked like he was kicking at Bolland's foot to possibly trip him. I would call it neither good sportsmanship nor particularly dangerous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

WOW.....yet another ridiculously weak thread, can't wait for the encore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WOW...........yet another ridiculously weak post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

WOW....... from one witch hunt to another. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]What is in that video is not a slew foot.  A slew foot is when you twist with your upper body in one direction and use your foot in the opposite direction in a way like a judo take-down. They are usually used along the boards in puck scrums. They cracked down on them because it was a way to hide a tripping call and the speed at which you could fall had the potential to leave you vulnerable to hitting your head. That Marchand play looked like he was kicking at Bolland's foot to possibly trip him. I would call it neither good sportsmanship nor particularly dangerous.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

100% wrong. it was an attempt to slew foot. I've said it all along if Marchand doesn't play with an edge he is not nearly as effective. I have no problem with taking a few love taps to back of a calf, facewash after the whistle, but slew foots or attempts to slew foot are over the line. Like i said in a previous post, someone is going to get him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]WOW....... from one witch hunt to another.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Did you just call me a witch?  YOU are the one who suddenly became a man after being a woman for such a long time.

I'm telling Corvo.  He's gonna smack ya.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : Did you just call me a witch?  YOU are the one who suddenly became a man after being a woman for such a long time. I'm telling Corvo.  He's gonna smack ya.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Or kiss him....one or the other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Some where Kenny Linseman is laughing at this garbage.
    I can almost here him saying. Is this thread really about a half a slew foot...hey wait, I'm not even sure there is such a thing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Some where Kenny Linseman is laughing at this garbage. I can almost here him saying, is this thread really about a half a slew foot...hey wait, I'm not even sure there is such a thing. 
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Somewhere Linseman remembers John Kordic combing his nose with his stick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

its not suspension worthy, but it is dirty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Technically, there can be no right or wrong since "slew footing" is not an actual penalty but commonly used term to describe a type of tripping infraction that was often going unpenalized in the past.  But just to clarify for you, here is a link with a good picture of what people generally mean by slew foot. Note the white player twisting back with his body as he he sticks his leg out behind the blue player.  I was actually taught to do this as a youngster and thought it was a great way to take down bigger players, but now I (and most of the hockey world) realize it's potentially dangerous. But since Marchand is not facing in the same direction as his opponent, this isn't a slew foot. It's a trip attempt. It's only semantics anyway, it doesn't matter what it's called, only whether you think it's OK or not. I don't like it, but I don't think of it as an attempt to injure. I accept Marchand for what he is and I think he adds an important element to the B's. I haven't seen him with any blatant attempts to injure but it wouldn't surprise me if he did something in the future. I hope he doesn't, because I enjoy watching him play. He creates a lot of buzz when he's on the ice. That line is my favorite to watch. With a healthy DK and Seguin on the third line I barely have time to reach for my beer, every line brings something entertaining.

http://www.afterthewhistle.com/hockeybook/slewfooting.htm

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : 100% wrong. it was an attempt to slew foot. I've said it all along if Marchand doesn't play with an edge he is not nearly as effective. I have no problem with taking a few love taps to back of a calf, facewash after the whistle, but slew foots or attempts to slew foot are over the line. Like i said in a previous post, someone is going to get him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

LMAO.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : Did you just call me a witch?  YOU are the one who suddenly became a man after being a woman for such a long time. I'm telling Corvo.  He's gonna smack ya.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Yeah, it's dirty, but not a rare incident. 

From what I've seen of his play, this type of stuff is almost expected. 

What goes around comes around, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, it's dirty, but not a rare incident.  From what I've seen of his play, this type of stuff is almost expected.  What goes around comes around, though.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    So I assume you're expecting at least 1 Canuck to be bitten this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : So I assume you're expecting at least 1 Canuck to be bitten this year?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

good one Dez.
    I saw it live, noticed it right away.  Agitators move nothing more.  The Linesmen had a talk with him.  End of story. 
    If you look hard enough, and try hard enough, you will confirm the opinion you already had. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : good one Dez. I saw it live, noticed it right away.  Agitators move nothing more.  The Linesmen had a talk with him.  End of story.  If you look hard enough, and try hard enough, you will confirm the opinion you already had
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    So true. I have no problems finding ways to further support what I already think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dirty play sure but thats Brads game always playing on the edge and providing us with offesne. As long as he isn't head hunting people with dirty hits to the head, knee, or hits from behind I don't have a problem with Marchand. Glad hes on our team but if he was on another team I a sure I would hate him. Very nice getting the video footage and putting it in slow mo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, it's dirty, but not a rare incident.  From what I've seen of his play, this type of stuff is almost expected.  What goes around comes around, though.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

so we can all expect when the canunks come up short again that true fans like yourself will set fire to the city of Vancouver again?
    also is your avatar a picture of a smoldering building from cup finals?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't necessarily think it's a dirty play, but I will say players in the league knows this guy. When BM does this compared to say a Chris Kelly doing it there's a HUGE different outlook on the act, by the fans, by the Bruins, by the refs, by the opposing teams & BY THE LEAGUE! So depending on on which type of glasses you choose to wear is how you're going to see it. I don't mind BM getting in Bollands kitchen & I didn't mind him getting in the Sedin Sisters kitchen. I think BM has issues as to where the crossing the line really is sometimes, but I also think that depending on how you personally feel about the guy. He's ALWAYS going to cross somebody's line. Playing the role that he plays he'll forever be caught in a catch 22. When he plays "hockey" I find him far more effective then when he decides to act stupid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yawn...what am I watching?  A scrum of some sort.  What an outrage.

Kesselite stuff there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : so we can all expect when the canunks come up short again that true fans like yourself will set fire to the city of Vancouver again? also is your avatar a picture of a smoldering building from cup finals?
    Posted by yukamatta409[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, is that the best you can do? Bring up lame shots about a riot and display your ignorance of anything outside of Medford?  Get out and around that great country of yours and perhaps you'll get to see where I took that amazing photo in my avatar.