Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!

Must be one week into the season for a thread like this to get so much attention.

Cheap play by a Ken Linesman/Steve Avery-like agitator? Absolutely.

Are there other players on other teams doing the same type of thing all the time? Of course (No, I don't have my Zapruder tape handy--going on eyewitness accounts of more than 30 years of watching hockey.)

Habs fans love Subbban. why? great player to have on your team/helps them win. Is he guilty of cheap plays from slew foot to flopping? Absolutely.

Marchand? Same deal. Helps the Bruins win most nights/was vital in their SC run last year. Cheap, sometimes dirty player? Sure.

So--rather than being in the camp of a) "we cheer for this guy and there's no excuse for it", can't we say b) "we cheer for this guy, knowing he's no angel, hoping he lays off the cheap stuff & esp. doesn't draw a dumb penalty hat can hurt the team, but absolutely love the fact that his speed, skills, smarts, energy, and overall tenacity makes the Bruins a better hockey club"?

There's nothing wrong with being in camp "B".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome!:
    [QUOTE]Yawn...what am I watching?  A scrum of some sort.  What an outrage. Kesselite stuff there.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Kessel plays for another team.  Marchand does not.

People try to defend Marchand, saying that he "plays on the edge".  He's a dirty, dirty player.  The last video I posted featuring Beautiful Baby Boy Brad was met with similar "no biggie" replies.  Two games later, Marchand was back with the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kid has issues.  He's had issues for a long, long time.  Question is, what do you do about that if you're the Bruins?  From the little backstage stuff we see/hear, it sounds like the structure of that locker room made a difference in getting him to tone things down or at least work within some tighter constraints while still playing his game.  The Bruins clearly benefit from having him and when he focuses on hockey he is, and has always been, an opportunistic player with some real skill and a killer instinct. 

So there's two reasons not to ditch the kid; one, he's a good player but maybe more importantly, if you want him to be something other than an Avery who flames out in three or four years of controversies, embarrassments and black eyes for the team and league, maybe there's some responsibility on the part of the team and the league to keep working with the guy.  That means continually being on him for stuff like this - which, unlike the rabbit punches to Sedin, is sneaky and more or less an attack from behind - so we can talk more about great goals and less about dirtbag moves.  Moving him on and making him someone else's problem would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I'll take him on my team anytime, even with his warts. He plays on the edge, sometimes goes over it but I like the package and he makes the Bs much better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

DEZ:  This was a great to 49-North...."So I assume you're expecting at least 1 Canuck to be bitten this year?"  LMAO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]DEZ:  This was a great to 49-North...." So I assume you're expecting at least 1 Canuck to be bitten this year?"  LMAO!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Isla, I aim to please (Bruins fans that is).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

haven't we discussed this like 5,000 times? ho hum, move on to the next thread. NAS, just as you'll never be convinced marchand is not a punk, you'll never convince some that he is. why try? this is an agree to disagree scenario. not everyone needs to think alike.  we know your stance on the issue, why do you obsess? it's like it's your life-mission to convince the world how evil brad marchand is. homers are homers, like you, they won't change their mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

It's HILARIOUS that anyone would spend time worrying about a "dirty play" during a scrum. Scrums ARE DIRTY PLAYS. They're hands to the face, they're occasionally punches, you push guys down over the backs of their teammates if you can and pretend like it was a mistake. LOL

A casual half slew foot is literally nothing. OP wears hockey helmet on short bus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What I saw was a man lose his footing and he caught himself by using his leg to try and wrap around that other man. How is that dirty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : Did you just call me a witch?  YOU are the one who suddenly became a man after being a woman for such a long time. I'm telling Corvo.  He's gonna smack ya.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Too bad I signed off the board right after that post. 
    But you know what I mean ... you started the with hunt and right on queue you became the witch hunt. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]What I saw was a man lose his footing and he caught himself by using his leg to try and wrap around that other man. How is that dirty?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Meh it was what it was Callo. Dirty move. But w/e I half expect that type of stuff when it comes to Marchand. This is exactly the stuff I wish he wouldn't do. I love how he agitates, how he instigates and how he will drop the gloves if he needs to (and wont get completely pummeled in the fight)...

But that was a dirty slew foot and an almost comical camera angle capturing it perfectly.

Does it change my opinion of him at all? No,  like Dez I love the little weezle. Just this play in particular is stupid and if he got a penalty it would have been really stupid, players remember this stuff and he will probably get his face punched in eventually. But what he brings to this team is absolutely more valuable than whatever moral vendetta NAS is on against him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

It'd be one thing if this was during the play but it was after the whistle and was a weak attempt. He was more just trying to trip him. Clean? No. Do I care? Not really. I think Marchand violated NAS at some point. Maybe Thornton helped. Bolland and Marchand were trying to out-pest one another in the third. This happens. And I can't even imagine what would go on between these two if there was a Chi vs. Bos Finals. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I come from the school that a team of real swell guys who all play the game with honour, will typically not be the team left standing when the dust settles come June.  Every championship team has had a few sh*t disturbers to stir the pot and get the other teams best players off their game.  The nice thing about the Bruins causer of crap is he can also play.  

Now we can dissect our own team and call out guys for playing this way but what is the point?  If the Bruins move on from Marchand, they'll still have to find another pesky, dooche to fill the void.  I would hate Marchand if he didn't wear the spoked B.  Who wouldn't?  We cheer for the lads in the uniform today and imo, the debate is this:  Do you need this type of player to win championships?  I say yes you do and I am pretty happy with the overall effectiveness that our little ball of dirty brings night in night out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : Did I create this action or did it happen?  How it this a witch hunt?  Maybe I watch a little closer than you do.  Maybe I see things that you miss. For the record, I didn't see anything like this from Thornton, Seguin, Lucic, any other Bruins or any Blackhawks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Maybe you only see things that you want to see. Maybe you're just waiting for him to play HIS game for you to, once again, point it out.

Look NAS. We all know what you think of this guy. I'm just saying, are you gonna call him out everytime he plays on the line? That's the part that's getting old. I really appreciate your hockey comments. I just find it's getting a little redundant in regards to Marchand.

Some like him, some hate him. And that's ok. For the record, I rather have him in black & gold than have to play against him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! : Maybe you only see things that you want to see. Maybe you're just waiting for him to play HIS game for you to, once again, point it out. Look NAS. We all know what you think of this guy. I'm just saying, are you gonna call him out everytime he plays on the line? That's the part that's getting old. I really appreciate your hockey comments. I just find it's getting a little redundant in regards to Marchand. Some like him, some hate him. And that's ok. For the record, I rather have him in black & gold than have to play against him.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

How dare you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The hating of Marchand and Thornton ticker starts today. Let's see how many posts he can accumulate with his hatred. Total count will be posted once the Bruins season ends. This should be interesting. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Cashman, O'Reilly, and Jonathan, just to name a few of our past favorites, weren't exactly choirboys either....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Stupidist thread I've seen in ages. Don't know why so many are indulging NAS with dignified posts. Its total BS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Cashman, O'Reilly, and Jonathan, just to name a few of our past favorites, weren't exactly choirboys either....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]
    Just imagine if Marchand showed up an entire team the way Wensink did to Minny.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Anyone who records a game, rewatches it and then slows down to frame-by-frame a minor incident, zooms in and then posts it to youtube to share film that he feels proves a point about a player is a passionate Bruins fan and deserves a response, whether you agree with it or not.

[QUOTE]Stupidist thread I've seen in ages. Don't know why so many are indulging NAS with dignified posts. Its total BS.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I knew it NAS always wanted to be an editor for "Movie Loft"...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Personally I give Marchand credit. He makes no bones about playing in, on, around, and beyond the line. Does he intend to injure people? No, I dont think so. Does he intend to instigate and get others off their game? Yes. I personally like how he plays. He's a sparkplug for a team that often desperately needs a spark!
    If I began to hate some of my favorite athletes for what they do in the scrum or in the pile in football, I don't think I'd have any favorites left.
    Its competition.. they're men. If the players in the NHL begin to think he's crossing the line.. the little bugger will get his comeuppance. And BM will probably say that he deserved it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who records a game, rewatches it and then slows down to frame-by-frame a minor incident, zooms in and then posts it to youtube to share film that he feels proves a point about a player is a passionate Bruins fan and deserves a response, whether you agree with it or not. In Response to Re: Let's all cheer this guy! He's awesome! :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Nope. It shows the degree of the warped negative obsession NAS has with his Marchand hate. And it would seem that his dislike of Marchand and how he wants others to dislike Marchand, is his point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow overwhelming support for Marchand.  I think I'll go on to the side of  "I HATE MARCHAND" to try and balance out this debate.
    NAH... no balance it's still 100 who like Marchand and only 3 that hate him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Take Marchand out of the lineup in last years playoffs Bruins most likely don't win the cup.