Let's get Ryder back, if available!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Let's get Ryder back, if available!

The playoff whiz will add much needed pop in the lineup. We'd finally have a third line and Pevs and Kelly would be better able to get out of their funk. Bourque could be sent to Providence (and if claimed off waivers, who the heck cares?) and we'd be positioned to start our playoff run. I'd consider Knight, Tommy Cross, Hutchinson, Sauve, and guys like Cunningham in the package, but not Spooner, Koko, Svedberg, or Subban. Any thoughts from those with valid, not vindictive, opinions? (hello Dez the Ztupid one, who sees Bourque as an upgrade over Pouliot and exists only to criticize other posters).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Let's get Ryder back, if available!

I'm in.  I wouldnt be against putting him right into the top line either.  He played w Krejci for 2 years.  

Lucic Krejci Ryder

Seguin Bergeron Marchand

Kelly Peverley Horton

Horton, on the third line, would create space and add a much needed shooter to that line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Would be nice if he came back, but 30 goal scoreres don't come cheap. 

Knight's probably the only one with any real trade value that you listed there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

The playoff whiz will add much needed pop in the lineup. We'd finally have a third line and Pevs and Kelly would be better able to get out of their funk. Bourque could be sent to Providence (and if claimed off waivers, who the heck cares?) and we'd be positioned to start our playoff run. I'd consider Knight, Tommy Cross, Hutchinson, Sauve, and guys like Cunningham in the package, but not Spooner, Koko, Svedberg, or Subban. Any thoughts from those with valid, not vindictive, opinions? (hello Dez the Ztupid one, who sees Bourque as an upgrade over Pouliot and exists only to criticize other posters).

You ask to not have vindictive posts, and start this thread with an unprovoked attack against one of the more knowledgable posters here? Who is the one being vindictive? That's a pretty scuzzy post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ryder back in Boston ?   In your dreams...you really think Dallas would let him go ??  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You ask to not have vindictive posts, and start this thread with an unprovoked attack against one of the more knowledgable posters here? Who is the one being vindictive? That's a pretty scuzzy post.

Plus 1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I say you "Ryde" it out with Chris Bourque.  Give him more of a look as he seems to be settling in after a slow start.   He looked good with Paille and Kelly the other night.  One of the best Bruins forwards last game.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Has anyone felt that anything I've posted regarding line 3 was in any way pro-Bourque? For the OP, I suggest if you're going to tell a lie it should be at least remotely believable. BTW, thanks to Red and OB but this simpleton is harmless enough. I mean, the guy doesn't even see the irony in his comments right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You've been corrected by Stanley.  There is no greater humilation...

Seriously though, this is a dumb idea on several levels, that has been covered so many times I don't want to get into it.  In brief:

Too expensive.

Dallas has no reason to part with him; big part of their team

Dallas would never except your list of B-rated AHL prospects for a top 6 forward(!)

Ryder was not well liked last time he was here.

Where would he play?

The PP stunk with Ryder in 2011

Like Wheeler, Ryder looks better now because he's getting much more opportubity on a team with less talent.

And many more...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

For Ryder, I'd like to see our OHL boys Camara and Griffith not part of such a package either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

For Ryder, I'd like to see our OHL boys Camara and Griffith not part of such a package either.

Klaas

I agree Klaas. Camara is looking good! The folks who don't want Ryder back don't understand, I believe, that he's a free agent at the end of the year which reduces his trade value. Dez, however, just plain doesn't understand anything which is why his name is synonymous with ztupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I agree Klaas. Camara is looking good! The folks who don't want Ryder back don't understand, I believe, that he's a free agent at the end of the year which reduces his trade value. OrrEspoCash, however, just plain doesn't understand anything which is why his name is synonymous with ztupid.

I fixed it for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

all I have to say is LMAO.... why the F is there so many days off in this shortened season for the Bruins!!!  it makes people crazy here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What's up? There hasn't been a single thread about trying to re-acquire Joe Colborne and this is after the OP assured all of us that Joe C would be the "next Esposito". I thought for sure we'd see that coming from OEC now that Colborne has cracked the top 120 scorers in the AHL. Look out for him. He's awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What I don't get is why these threads never seem to talk about players that actually could be traded - meaning there have been talks or rumours of a somewhat reiable nature that they may be moved. Instead of talking about a guy like Ryder, a player that Dallas has ZERO reason to trade, why aren't players like Boyd Gordon brought up? A player that is UFA, that the Coyotes could want some return for, a player that Boston has the assets to trade with, and a player that would be beneficial to the team? There are a number of players that fit that criteria similar to Gordon, yet we never read about them in these threads - these threads never take the reasonable route in terms of what players are actually attainable and available.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's reclaim the ton of posts from when Ryder was supposed to perform well in Boston. He didn'y do it; he didn't help Wheeler and Kreji; he floated frequently; he certainly had/has the talent, but, he's lazy and only plays for headlines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He had a good playoff run for the B's and cashed in on it. Good for him. He has certainly performed better than I thought he would for the Stars, but that doesn't guarantee it will translate here. Perhaps it was Juliens system all along that held him back or maybe the light just went on. Dallas looks like a good fit for him, now why would a team currently sitting in the eighth seed fighting for a playoff birth, trade their most productive player for some boderline prospects?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

btw, I piqued my own curiousity and looked up Gordon a bit more in depth - not an offensive dynamo but a third liner putting better numbers recently, but I was a little shocked at his FO % - most of the guys ahead of him already play for the Bruins. Don't think he fits what we need, since he's not good on the wing (unless you wanted him to centre Kelly and Pevs, both of whom are among the very few ahead of him in FO%), but he's definitely a CJ style player - one of the few affordable guys around that could make the Buins PK even better. Of the players with at least 150 draws so far, he's fifth - behind Bergeron, Gaustad, Toews and his teammate Vermette.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

all I have to say is LMAO.... why the F is there so many days off in this shortened season for the Bruins!!!  it makes people crazy here.

It's a good thing they have those off days now. I hear a lot of the Bruins have the flu or something ... same as me, except I don't have an off day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I want to remember Ryder for the occasional snipe and the series save he made in the playoffs with Thomas down and out in the Cup run.  I don't want to remember Ryder for the bust he would be or the players we traded away to get him at this point in his career.  

He is certainly not a better 5-on-5 player than any of the wings we have now with exception of the 6 minutes per game that Thronton brings (plus, Ryder won't fight Scott).  Please don't cite me the useless +/- stat.    He can't kill penalties, doesn't bring speed, is not a power forward,  and there is no evidence that he will make the PP better.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I'm in.  I wouldnt be against putting him right into the top line either.  He played w Krejci for 2 years. 

2009 Ryder was awesome, 2010 Glyder was terrible with Krejci. There is just no reason I could see why PC would demote Horton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What's up? There hasn't been a single thread about trying to re-acquire Joe Colborne and this is after the OP assured all of us that Joe C would be the "next Esposito". I thought for sure we'd see that coming from OEC now that Colborne has cracked the top 120 scorers in the AHL. Look out for him. He's awesome!

Nobody propped Joe Colborne up more than the providence journal.  Every sunday was about how the next great bruin, a sure thing future HOF, is improving his skating.

I guess everyone overrates their own.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

2009 Ryder was awesome, 2010 Glyder was terrible with Krejci. There is just no reason I could see why PC would demote Horton. Also Dallas is 2 points out of a 4th seed and a first round bye. If anything the Stars will be looking to add at the deadline not take away their offense.

2010-2011 Glyder was awesome in the postseason though.  2008-2009 Glyder was also awesome in the Postseason.  We had Ryder for 3 years, we know what he is.  A gifted scorer's touch with motivation issues.  Frustrating as heck to watch.  Guaranteed to take shifts off.

But, I wouldnt say he elevated his game in the post-season.  I would say that in the postseason, we saw the player who Michael Ryder is when his heart and focus is in the game (30 goal / yr scorer because he has that touch).  

So we'd trade for him and he would give a lacksadaisacal effort until we reached the playoffs.  Then would be awesome once we got there.  Better than the inverse (plays hard all year, dissapears in the postseason).  Its not like we need him to make the playoffs.  We'll need him; however, once we're in.

Re: Dallas not wanting to trade him: touche.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Haggerty agrees (although man is this article speculative and puffy)

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Haggerty-If-not-Iginla-how-about-Michael?blockID=831577&feedID=3352

25. This post has been removed.