Lets not forget Patrice!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Lets not forget Patrice!

He could have easily won the Smythe if not Timmy. He was Boston's two-way forward who won all the important face-offs and scored two last night. Thomas might have overshadowed him a little. He came back from a concussion just in time to help turn it around vs TB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Lets not forget Patrice!

Someone asked for Game 7 hero's before the game began.......my pick was Bergy & Thomas. If the trophy could be shared, he would certainly deserve to have his name on it. Best all round player on the B's I think thru the series....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Completely agree.  Incredible performance by Bergeron.  Watching him hoist the Cup was my favorite moment of the night!  Kid is all class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I think it could have easily been a three way including Marchand. He was huge these playoffs and don't forget, he's only a rookie. Hope they re-sign him for 4-5 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One thing i thought bergeron after 3 penalties in game 6 he would redeem himself and that he did in huge way in game 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I'm the same age as Patrice and I could not imagine being the alternate captain of the Boston Bruins.  The way he handles himself in the media and on the ice is amazing. 

So happy that he got his extension and that we will have him as a Bruin for a few more years!  I think he proved he was worthy of it after he received some criticism for it before the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was a bit upset I did not see Bergeron hold the Cup above his head.  He is an awesome player, and he personifies what a true French Canadian is like...polished, under control, dignified, and classy.  A modern day Jean Beliveau.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergeron deserves all the accolades we can invent. He was superb in all aspects of the game, and his hard checking response indicated how often the Canucks pulled sneaky jabs, trips and cross checks after the whistle. In game 6 he set out to make them keep their heads up, and in game 7 he just put them away. Lot's of talk about Kesler, but Bergeron showed real class and capability.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

Not a Conn Smythe tropy finalist but another player that needs to be mentioned in the outstanding defensive play of Dennis Seidenberg, he doesn't necessarily show up a lot on the score sheet but he was incredible on defense for the playoffs and had a huge hit one Burrows last night.

He was great!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

At the end of the game, the announcers were talking about how Bostons Cup win was a team effort (fair enough) that was accomplished with only 2 "A" star quality players, Thomas and Z. I think it is now fair to say we have another "A" list player on our team now, and his last name is Bergeron. Welcome to stardom kid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Every player in Boston has had their career change for the better now that Stanley Cup winner can be said after all of their names. I've been in many debates regarding Bergeron vs. any number of NHL stars and they've always reverted back to asking"what's Bergeron ever won?". Well now Bergeron can now be mentioned when talking about the NHL's best all-around players. This Cup win is just the coup des grace.............imagine that Shupe wanted to trade Bergeron(and others) for that loser Mike Richards. I also never want to see Chara's leadership questioned ever again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

PB personifies everything that is good about hockey on and off the ice. Hands down my favorite Boston sportsman playing right now. In terms of class on and off the ice, he is up there with Bourque.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Lets not forget Patrice!:
    Every player in Boston has had their career change for the better now that Stanley Cup winner can be said after all of their names. I've been in many debates regarding Bergeron vs. any number of NHL stars and they've always reverted back to asking"what's Bergeron ever won?". Well now Bergeron can now be mentioned when talking about the NHL's best all-around players. This Cup win is just the coup des grace.............imagine that Shupe wanted to trade Bergeron(and others) for that loser Mike Richards. I also never want to see Chara's leadership questioned ever again.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Gold medal and a cup ain't too shabby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bergeron is the ultimate two way player. Pumped that he signed an extension before the season. Will enjoy watching him play for the next 10+ years with Marchand on his wing.

He should win the Selke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

loved recchi's f bomb. not as funny as utley's all star "boo?, f.. you".

way to go out on top.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Never forgot Patrice even when he was getting criticized for his salary on here. Bergeron is still so young so he won't let Bruins fans forget he's too good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Sections
Shortcuts