Re: Lets pretend I am PC for 24 hrs : here is my blockbuster trade offer to Columbus
posted at 3/2/2014 3:50 PM EST
In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
Zdeno Chara (if he accepts ) ...lets face it Zdeno is not getting any younger , he has another 2-3 seasons ahead of him but he's showing signs of slowing down
Malcon Subban ...not such a great goalie but has his name working for him and for the BRUINS
Ryan. Johansen ...one of the greatest young prospect in the NHL
Jack Johnson ....talended , mobile and reliable D
Blue Jackets 1st round draft pick in 2014
I have just a couple of questions for you. If you are going to be pretend GM I will be pretend press and here are some questions for you. Other forum members are other pretend GMs.
Answer them professionally and fully like a pretend GM would.
1) What message does it send to your team by trading your team captain?
2) Malcolm Subban does not answer any of Columbus's needs, why would they want him? After all you said "not such a great goalie".
3) Why would they want Chara? "lets face it Zdeno is not getting any younger , he has another 2-3 seasons ahead of him but he's showing signs of slowing down"
4) Why would Columbus give up "one of the greatest young prospect in the NHL" AND "talended , mobile and reliable D" AND a first round pick for only ONE NHL player who only has 2 or 3 seasons left in him and a goalie who is not such a great goalie?
5) Explain why Ryan Johansen is so good and why and how he would be a good fit for the Bruins. He was a -7 last year and -1 this year. Explain why he isn't another Kessel or Seguin.
6) What are Ryan Johnson's weaknesses as a player?
7) Explain what is so good about Jack Johnson, he is a -4 this year. Please explain his strengths and how he would be a good fit for the Bruins.
8) What are Johnson's weaknesses as a player?
9) What do you have to say to fans who don't like the current team and are proposing trades all of the time?
10) It is well known that most NHL players are creatures of habit and rarely want trades because it means uprooting their families, homes, pets and where they get their dry cleaning done. Word has it around the league the players hate you. How do you respond to that?
11) Other (pretend) General Managers around the league say they have you ignored and hang up the phone when they see you call because you propose outrageous deals and feel you are mentally unstable. What is your response to this?
12) Where would you put Johanson and Johnson in the lineup?
13) Where is the line between GM and Coach in your organization? Do you interfere with their decisions?
14) When scouting, what do you look for in players?
15) What players are you targetting in rounds 3 and beyond in this year's draft?
16) As a GM, you have influence on rule changes. What rules would you change and why?
17) Who would you pick for this 1st round pick you would get from Columbus, and why?
18) What didn't you like about the previous management and what changes are you going to make other than players?
19) How do you respond to pressure? For example, if you are asked a lot of questions in a press conference, can you handle them professionally?
20) Next year Chara would have been making 7m a season (7 the year after that and 5 the year after that). Johnson will make 5m the next 3 seasons, Johanson will become an RFA in 14/15 and you will have to consider your 1st round pick. How are you going to fit these players in under the cap?
21) Which other pretend GM might you turn to for advice?
22) What other pretend GM on this board do you consider you closest ally? Getting along well with others is an important job skill for a GM. So you should have many other pretend GMs here very close to you, who are they?