Lets turn the page now and what we can do to improve this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets turn the page now and what we can do to improve this team

Hope PC has a B plan...last night just befre the game TSN was reportng that he BRUINS and the oilers were close to a deal involving Ryan Whitney and another player ..no status on those negociations ????

Ryan Clowe s still available and could help the BRUINS ...

I could see PC making some big moves and getting Ryn Whitey, Ale Hemsky and Ryan Clowe ...

Lets hope .....cause last night was a tough night for all of us ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Re: Lets turn the page now and what we can do to improve this team

Offer the same package (Bart Koko and a first )to Dallas for Jagr (please don't look at my birth certificate) and Robidas - if robidas can be had..

Jagr would be the true rental but at least Robidas has some term left...

BBB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Besides , Bart is ready for the NHL ...Koko might end up in the NHL within the next 2 years ...I think the Flames are the biggest losers they got nothing and their 1st round pick will be a very low pick ...

OK PC NOW ...B PLAN .....PEV + FERRENCE + a 2nd round pick to OILERS for Ryan Whitney and Ales Hemsky

and see what we can packaged for Ryan Clowe ..HURRY ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

Offer the same package (Bart Koko and a first )to Dallas for Jagr (please don't look at my birth certificate) and Robidas - if robidas can be had..

BBB

NO WAY JAGR IS 41 ...GIVE ME A BREAK WE ALREADY HAVE PANDOLFO ...WHY GO AFTER OLDIES ALL THE TIME ....PC HAS TO GO AFTER A GUY LIKE RYAN CLOWE ..RYAN WHITNEY WOULD BE COOL ...AND IF WE REALLY WANT AN OLD PLAYER (LOOKS LIKE WE LOVE OLDIES IN BOSTON) ...I WOULD GO FOR ST_LOUIS .....BUT JAGR NO WAY I WOULDNT EVEN GIVE BART FOR JAGR ....TOO OLD, NEAR THE END OF THE ROAD AND HAS SLOWED DOWN ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think PC put a very good offer for Iginla ...paying more wold have been a bad deal ...if all our players are back for the playoffs (Boychuck, McQuaid and Kelly) and PC gets another player say CLowe-Whitney or Hemsky I will be comfortable to face the habs and or the Pens in the playoffs

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Bruins need something, as it stands they are not good enough to make a long run. Package one of  the lazy line wingers for a goal scorer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to NorthernB's comment:

BBB

NO WAY JAGR IS 41 ...GIVE ME A BREAK WE ALREADY HAVE PANDOLFO ...WHY GO AFTER OLDIES ALL THE TIME ....PC HAS TO GO AFTER A GUY LIKE RYAN CLOWE ..RYAN WHITNEY WOULD BE COOL ...AND IF WE REALLY WANT AN OLD PLAYER (LOOKS LIKE WE LOVE OLDIES IN BOSTON) ...I WOULD GO FOR ST_LOUIS .....BUT JAGR NO WAY I WOULDNT EVEN GIVE BART FOR JAGR ....TOO OLD, NEAR THE END OF THE ROAD AND HAS SLOWED DOWN ...

Leading Dallas in scoring.. would be tied with Marchand in goal scoring with Boston.. EXCELLENT on the PP..pure presence - yes slow of foot but still an impact player.. as far as a rental goes Jagr is a bigger impact player ( BY FAR) than Clowe..

BBB

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Getting Jagr would be terrible ...OLD OVERATED ...NO WAY PLEASE ...WE ALREADY HAVE PANDOLFO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just hoping that PC is already working on another deal ...we are not that far away from winning another Stanley Cup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Jagr plays no defense.   Can you imagine that mullett floating around with Julien just steaming on the bench?

Not a fit.

Ugh.

100% with you ...I dont want Jagr ..nor Pandolfo

Can you imagine Spooner a young talented player in Prvidence while we play a guy lke Pandolfo  who has less points this season than Marty Brodeur ....UNREAL ! !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Hope PC has a B plan...last night just befre the game TSN was reportng that he BRUINS and the oilers were close to a deal involving Ryan Whitney and another player ..no status on those negociations ????

Ryan Clowe s still available and could help the BRUINS ...

I could see PC making some big moves and getting Ryn Whitey, Ale Hemsky and Ryan Clowe ...

Lets hope .....cause last night was a tough night for all of us ....

Problem is, with the known package Chia had for Iginla, he's lost his leverage by botching the deal.

Why was this deal even conummated if Iginla preferred Pitt?

That's my question. It went as far as Chia pulling Koko and Bart from the ice.

What an outright disaster.

you're a football guy right? you like to come on here after a tough loss, after they get knocked out, or when something like this happens. go back to the patriot forums because you don't understand the NHL. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

honestly, if PC does anything, I want it to be moves that effects more than this year. Listen, we aren't going to get an upgrade taht makes the bruins better than pittsburgh. The buying price is too high. Let's play out the season, maybe add a minor piece, if we can get st louis, i'm all for that. don't sell the farm for this year. if you can't get st louis wait for the off season and retool then

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Problem is, with the known package Chia had for Iginla, he's lost his leverage by botching the deal.

Why was this deal even con(s)ummated if Iginla preferred Pitt?

That's my question. It went as far as Chia pulling Koko and Bart from the ice.

What an outright disaster.

RWTKII;

If a deal is offered and your two players in the deal are playing that night, of course you're going to sit them out to protect them from potential injury. Calgary did that will Iginla.

Could you imagine Bart getting hammered by a P.K. Subban shot and breaking his arm (or worse)? THAT would be an outright disaster.

Let's get a grip and move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

honestly, if PC does anything, I want it to be moves that effects more than this year. Listen, we aren't going to get an upgrade taht makes the bruins better than pittsburgh. The buying price is too high. Let's play out the season, maybe add a minor piece, if we can get st louis, i'm all for that. don't sell the farm for this year. if you can't get st louis wait for the off season and retool then

there are no more impact players ..but PC could make our team better by trading Ferrence and Pev for Whitney and Hemsky ....and try to get Ryan Clowe for a pick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

fyi there is only one r in ference. the next GM of the bruins would know that. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

fyi there is only one r in ference. the next GM of the bruins would know that. 

whatever ..Yes PC knows that ...I just hope he stops wasting his time on the Iginla non deal ...turn the page and work on something eslse ..cause the trade dead line is next Wednesday ..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Forget scorers.  THis team will have to build the most formidable D the NHL has ever seen; '

It's the only way to stop the Pens who have SIX guys - yeah, 6 = Crosby, Malkin, Dupuis, Neal, Kunitz, Iggy - who are top-shelf scorers.  

Pray tell, how do you stop that?  I'm listening.

I don't know ipot.  I think this team is still not what they seem to be on paper.  For one, I don't think Dupuis is an elite scorer, he's a ride along guy.  Two, there are only so many minutes to play, so not all of these guys are getting first PP minutes or even 1st line ice time.  Three, the way to beat them is to attack and keep these guys in the defensive zone where Fluery is looking less and less reliable and the Pens still lack a shutdown D-man.  Four, they are looking pretty old all of the sudden and might have difficulty matching the energy of a younger, faster team.  Five, you have no idea how they mesh together with all of these sudden additions -- Neal is a shooter, Kunitz is a shooter, Iggy is a shooter.  Malkin is a decent passer, but the only real set up guy is Crosby.  Focus on him and smother him like Philly did.

Of course they look dangerous and should be the frontrunners to win the Cup, but it won't be easy, and if they get a hot team that attacks instead of defending, they could be in trouble.  Then if Fluery flops, or a few injuries occur...you never know...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

More than one of these comments has indicasted that Ryan Clowe is not a scorer. The bruins need a scorer on the third line. The problems that continue are that Lucic and horton are not playing the way they did last year; the 3rd line has been a shadow of what it did last year; I've always liked Caron and we've seen moments of good play from hi, but, only moments as it appears that he is told to avoid penalties and play it safe. That's when his game goes south. and the 4th line is , as it has been for a long while, no more than two very good PK players and a huge anchor. Defense is experienced, but slowing down. Smart enough in Claude's shut down system, but not quick enough to subvert some of the speedsters, and not big enough to move some of the large, young wings from other teams consistently. Chia thought he had the shooter problem solved, but it's back to square one with some tough injuries still there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I don't know ipot.  I think this team is still not what they seem to be on paper.  For one, I don't think Dupuis is an elite scorer, he's a ride along guy.  Two, there are only so many minutes to play, so not all of these guys are getting first PP minutes or even 1st line ice time.  Three, the way to beat them is to attack and keep these guys in the defensive zone where Fluery is looking less and less reliable and the Pens still lack a shutdown D-man.  Four, they are looking pretty old all of the sudden and might have difficulty matching the energy of a younger, faster team.  Five, you have no idea how they mesh together with all of these sudden additions -- Neal is a shooter, Kunitz is a shooter, Iggy is a shooter.  Malkin is a decent passer, but the only real set up guy is Crosby.  Focus on him and smother him like Philly did.

Of course they look dangerous and should be the frontrunners to win the Cup, but it won't be easy, and if they get a hot team that attacks instead of defending, they could be in trouble.  Then if Fluery flops, or a few injuries occur...you never know...

Yeah, I think Herb Brooks model from 1980 is the best option of dealing with the
    Pens. You don't defend against their high power offense, you attack and shove their own game right back down their throats and count on your shutdown guys and keeper to twhart the counter attack.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Believe it or not got an email from the management whoever wants to read it ..email me I will forwars you a copy

BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.ca

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Believe it or not got an email from the management whoever wants to read it ..email me I will forwars you a copy

BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.ca

Stanley, you got an email from Bruins' brass?  Share it with your Bruin brethren.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If you want to read it email me I will forward you the email I have received

BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahho.ca

Sections
Shortcuts