Life without hockey... fun things to amuse yourself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Life without hockey... fun things to amuse yourself

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The SNL skit with Chris Farley where they switched out his coffee is one of my all-time favorites.

[/QUOTE]

That skit serves as a reminder of how Nite likely reacts when the coach tells him he will be starting in goal and then changes his mind and tells Nite he's going to be the backup instead,priceless. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So far not one valid idea about what I can do with myself when the Bruins aren't playing.  At least I'm playing tonight.  Hey!  What the f... Someone switched out my sticks for Folgers coffee crystals?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hated Titans.  I like Sherwoods.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why?

Please tell us the difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it was good enough for the great one it was good enough for old Kelvana.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My favourite stick for ball hockey was an old Bauer FlexLite 6 - Lindros Model.  Thing weighed a ton.  It was brilliant.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Boy do I miss ball hockey in the street. We usually played with a tennis ball then we graduated to a mylec hockey ball. Made sense since we wore no protective equipment and shot harder. I played net with the plastic Mylec pads. Couldn't believe when they came out with black and white ones instead of the old brown ones. No chest protector and a we used a well broken in Wilson baseball glove in net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy do I miss ball hockey in the street. We usually played with a tennis ball then we graduated to a mylec hockey ball. Made sense since we wore no protective equipment and shot harder. I played net with the plastic Mylec pads. Couldn't believe when they came out with black and white ones instead of the old brown ones. No chest protector and a we used a well broken in Wilson baseball glove in net.

[/QUOTE]

Man, even my stone hands could rip those things in the top corner.  I played in a indoor roller league in Needham for a few years with mylec balls.  Goalies had to deal with those whistling, knuckling slappers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why?

Please tell us the difference.

[/QUOTE]

I can't remember to be honest.  I just remember that in college we had sticks for free and I had a choice between Titans and Christians and I ended up taking the Christians.  I remember thinking that the Titans had that epoxy bottom or insert or whatever it was that ran along the bottom of the blade and that seemed to be a good idea to me because it was always where my wood sticks would start wearing out first.  I remember thinking it was the answer for me.  Then I remember thinking "wow that didn't work out at all", and also in that time frame I was offered a really good deal on a half dozen of them from someone who was quitting hockey and I remember thinking I dodged a bullet.

*Maybe* - and I stress *maybe* because for me that epoxy thing would fall out?  I also remember one other thing that I was thinking at the time, that whatever it was that I didn't like about the stick was such a problem that I was wondering why anyone would like them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two seconds and google produced this:

http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Sher-Wood_2013_5030_Wood_Stick_SENIOR/itm/1111-41/?dummy=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmPKeBRCj4bOro6nBitABEiQABa2FJOLxrBKrt25LEuPimRoo8zuL8WMRy6eOk38cpx1ACS8aAv5i8P8HAQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Sher-Wood_2013_5030_Wood_Stick_SENIOR/itm/1111-41/?dummy=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmPKeBRCj4bOro6nBitABEiQABa2FJOLxrBKrt25LEuPimRoo8zuL8WMRy6eOk38cpx1ACS8aAv5i8P8HAQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Sher-Wood_2013_5030_Wood_Stick_SENIOR/itm/1111-41/?dummy=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmPKeBRCj4bOro6nBitABEiQABa2FJOLxrBKrt25LEuPimRoo8zuL8WMRy6eOk38cpx1ACS8aAv5i8P8HAQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Sher-Wood_2013_5030_Wood_Stick_SENIOR/itm/1111-41/?dummy=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmPKeBRCj4bOro6nBitABEiQABa2FJOLxrBKrt25LEuPimRoo8zuL8WMRy6eOk38cpx1ACS8aAv5i8P8HAQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.totalhockey.com/product/Sher-Wood_2013_5030_Wood_Stick_SENIOR/itm/1111-41/?dummy=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmPKeBRCj4bOro6nBitABEiQABa2FJOLxrBKrt25LEuPimRoo8zuL8WMRy6eOk38cpx1ACS8aAv5i8P8HAQ

What's that?  A $40 wooden stick.

Paying that much more to play in beer league hockey is absurd.  How much of an advantage do you think the composite stick gives you?   If we're talking about a goal a game, then I may agree.  I also may say it's all in your head at that point.

How did you break so many wooden sticks?  I used to have the same two for a full season.

[/QUOTE]

I get a kick out of the beer league all-stars. Played against a guy who had the tinted visor, as usual he was terrible. It was about 7 years ago when I was playing and I remember telling myself that if he scored on me I would quit hockey right then and there.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't do that kel...Since my consistency was based on a shot to shot, instead of a game to game basis. I would've had to quit decades ago! Know how many shut-outs these dickheads ruined on me thru-out my hockey life. At least 50!!!And when the team I was playing for bought the sticks? I broke a lot of "wooden" sticks" over the cross bar! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The SNL skit with Chris Farley where they switched out his coffee is one of my all-time favorites.

[/QUOTE]

That skit serves as a reminder of how Nite likely reacts when the coach tells him he will be starting in goal and then changes his mind and tells Nite he's going to be the backup instead,priceless. 

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not I only lost it like that on 1 coach, one team mate & one GM. The opposition & refs?.....Well that's another story. LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not I only lost it like that on 1 coach, one team mate & one GM. The opposition & refs?.....Well that's another story. LOL

[/QUOTE]

At the same time or on 3 different occasions?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

At the same time or on 3 different occasions?

[/QUOTE]

3 different. Coach in Midget AAA, team mate in High School & G.M in Senior A'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You had a GM on one of your teams?  The closest I came to anything more than a coach was the supergeek manager and our smokin' hot PT girl.

And yeah, I did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You had a GM on one of your teams?  The closest I came to anything more than a coach was the supergeek manager and our smokin' hot PT girl.

And yeah, I did.

I just ran into pauly, who's away from his computer, but wanted me to relay the following message:

"Whatever, you probably did the geek manager, cause he's a dude and you're so gay"

Just the messenger here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

And yeah, I did.

I just ran into pauly, who's away from his computer, but wanted me to relay the following message:

"Whatever, you probably did the geek manager, cause he's a dude and you're so gay"

Just the messenger here.

[/QUOTE]

August 10, 2014: Fletch is pauly's messenger.  We have reached the nadir of summer hockey talk.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

August 10, 2014: Fletch is pauly's messenger.  We have reached the nadir of summer hockey talk.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

pauly says "Shut up, Bookworm"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I bumped into Pauly at the Starbucks and when he looked up from his I-Pad he said, Team Canada will win the next World Junior hockey tournament,hands down,using only 4 skaters & no goalie on every shift,he said quite simply Canada produces the greatest hockey players and will win the Tourney in a walkover,provided every NHL team releases their junior eligible players. I didn't have time to argue. 

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You guys are all touched.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And yeah, I did.

[/QUOTE]

Midget AAA team had a GM as did the Senior Teams I played on. And the only "yea I did" was whenever I was lucky enough to stay with billets who had a hot daughter my age. Who usually ended up being someone I played against in the tourney, or weekend! LOL One brother was pretty excited about it...And we beat his team in the Finals & I won MVP of the tourney. He lost his s^  it when I told him I appreciated his sister as the better trophy of the weekend! Man teenage boys can be such plicks! If I heard someone say that about any of my daughters today. He'd be walking with a severe limp the rest of his life! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You guys are all touched.

[/QUOTE]

Bragged that you did the PT girl and then dismiss the thread with that comment.

You are a piece of work, you know that, right?