Lindy Ruff tactics..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Lindy Ruff tactics..

Linda Ruff's tactic was something that a man who has never won anything would do.  Whatever makes him feel good I guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He will pay for that ..if the BRUINS HAVE PRIDE they wil kick that sob's team next game in Buffalo ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My problem is not really with the timeout, but with Ruff doing it.  He's such a whiner that I think he would come unglued if the roles were reversed.  However, everything went right for the Sabres and I understand not wanted to give up any of the momentum with a late fight.

I think it also annoys me that such a useless hockey player as Scott had such a strong impact on that game.  The Bruins seemed rattled watching Thornton go down, which is weak.  

I expect the Bruins to respond with a vengence next game, unlike tonight.  And I don't mean fighting everyone in sight.  I mean beating the Sabres, like usual, so Ruff can ponder why he can't beat the Bruins and if he should be wasting a roster spot on John Scott.

Not a lot of fight in the boys tonight.  Thornton would be disappointed, if he was coherent enough to watch the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Honestly,

It's a pretty great move.

It actually is, one of the reasons Buffalo fans love the guy..I think the move was done to give Julien every chance to send Lucic over the boards and talk to John Scott.

You get added punishment and suspensions for starting fights in the last 5 minutes. Ruff knew Julien wasn't going to start anything. He was just being a knob. Nothing more, nothing less. If Julien wanted to start anything he could've just put Chara, McQuaid, Lucic, MacDermid and Campbell out there. Julien is too smart to be goaded by a minor league move. Ruff is a loser both literally and figuratively.

Too much class also, dez. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Honestly,

It actually is, one of the reasons Buffalo fans love the guy..I think the move was done to give Julien every chance to send Lucic over the boards and talk to John Scott.

You get added punishment and suspensions for starting fights in the last 5 minutes. Ruff knew Julien wasn't going to start anything. He was just being a knob. Nothing more, nothing less. If Julien wanted to start anything he could've just put Chara, McQuaid, Lucic, MacDermid and Campbell out there. Julien is too smart to be goaded by a minor league move. Ruff is a loser both literally and figuratively.

"and Campbell"? This guy has to stop trying to fight. He proves to be a human punching bag 90% of the time.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think Ruff was giving a "last chance to fight my guy" statement at the end.  I think it was "Oh, by the way, in case you forgot, here he is again" statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If it signifies "we won" and it started with the Thornton fight, then let him have his "Ruff and Ready" grandstanding.  The 5 on 3 won the game for Buffalo, stay out of the penalty box and play better defense should be the focus of the Bs.  Personally I hope Scott gets 10 TOI next game.  

Stupid Callahan was saying maybe "cheek and tongue" that Chara should have fought the goon.  Dez is correct, that would have been dumb, dumb move late in the game.  Khudobin next game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The thing is, other that Thorton fighting Scott, wasting one of our better players on him is in fact a waste.  No point sending Chara or Lucic out there against a nobody. I know it was the end of the game, by why run the risk of one of our better players hurting their hand  or something else in the fight. Not worth the risk. Wait til next game to pick a battle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

To me Lindy Ruff's tactic is real slap in th face to the BRUINS players, fans and management ...the a....hole is leading 7-4 takes a time out with 13 secs to go ...just to make is moment last longer and on top he sends Scott on the ice just like saying ...someone else wants to try ?? Its a real insult ...I feel insulted and the Sabres are now among my top 3 most hated teams (Habs-Flyers-Sabres) ......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Buffalo is gonna have a hard time making the playoffs.  Ruff won this battle.  Vanek absolutely a pleasure to watch.

Post of the thread!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradMarchand. Show BradMarchand's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

The thing is, other that Thorton fighting Scott, wasting one of our better players on him is in fact a waste.  No point sending Chara or Lucic out there against a nobody. I know it was the end of the game, by why run the risk of one of our better players hurting their hand  or something else in the fight. Not worth the risk. Wait til next game to pick a battle.

If Thornton is badly injured who do we bring in Buffalo Feb10th ??   Another beating ??  And even if Thornton is ok he cant compete with Scott....???    Ruff is just laughing at the Bruins ..this is simply not acceptable ...what are we waiting for to hire a real enforcer just like Scott ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brad-marchand-calls-lindy-ruff-disrespectful-timeout-sabres-140132921--nhl.html

Makes sense now, didn't watching it last night, that's for sure.  Time to move on, Chara was absolutely awful last night and did not earn his C last night.  For the first game this year, the forwards were clicking and the D had a bad night.  Put the two together on Saturday, good results will come.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Linda's nothing but a whiny puke.  Always has been, always will be.

Everytime I see his pouty face I think of back in the day when he tried to be tough and Cam would literally rag-doll him all over the ice,  then curb stomp him......every time.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ruff said in his post game interview that he took the timeout because the Bruins had MacDermid on the ice. So he put Scott on the ice to make sure nothing was going to happen. Pretty lame if you ask me. I hate Ruff and the Sabres. They will get their's before the season is over. Put this one in the memory bank and move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradMarchand. Show BradMarchand's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Ruff said in his post game interview that he took the timeout because the Bruins had MacDermid on the ice. So he put Scott on the ice to make sure nothing was going to happen. Pretty lame if you ask me. I hate Ruff and the Sabres. They will get their's before the season is over. Put this one in the memory bank and move on.

I agree with you jp....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

* Upon reflection, Julien didn’t blame Lindy Ruff for calling his timeout after the Sabres made it a 7-4 game last night. Ruff switched out Thomas Vanek for John Scott because Lane MacDermid was on the ice. “Maybe the only thing I’m disappointed in is the fact that he thought I sent MacDermid out, if that’s his explanation,” Julien said. “Anybody who knows me knows better than that. I don’t do that in the last seconds. This isn’t my style. Nor is it wise to do those kinds of things. I just sent that line out to finish the game. But he wanted to be cautious. I’m not a coach who’ll send out a guy that can fight against the other team’s top player and beat him up with 20 seconds left. Certainly wasn’t going to happen.”

I think it's Ruff's job to protect his players just as well as anyone. No, CJ isn't this type of coach. However just, because he wouldn't do it, doesn't mean he can't do it. The B's enforcer got pummelled (which hasn't happened since CJ's been a coach here) They blew a 2 goal lead, got out-scored in the 3rd period & beat at home & allowed 2 PP goals. A lot happened in this one game. Ruff, doesn't know what CJ is thinking when sending McDermaid out there. I think it was a great move by Ruff. And I'd applaude CJ if he did the same thing. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Honestly,

"and Campbell"? This guy has to stop trying to fight. He proves to be a human punching bag 90% of the time.

You obviously don't know the whole point of a hockey fight! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Calling a timeout with 13 seconds left up 3 goals and sending John Scott out there..Interesting

Give poor Lindsey a break -- His brain is still scrambled from Neely unscrewing his head years ago.

And Gordo Kluzak as an 18 year old rookie - how embarrassing ! And LB....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

The Bs owned them when he played. Those were great battles... He got the jump on Gord one night in his rookie year and once he got set, he fed him a slew of rights to finish him off...

Another time, he tomahawked LB on the neck and then LB crumpled him... Yup, he liked to get jump but couldn't finish....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hate him all you want, I have respect for any NHL head coach who has lasted this long.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hate him all you want, I have respect for any NHL head coach who has lasted this long.

His stay behind the Sabres' bench is a rarity by today's standards.  I think Barry Trotz might rank behind him in that regard.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.