Lindy Ruff tactics..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Lindy Ruff tactics..

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Hate him all you want, I have respect for any NHL head coach who has lasted this long.

His stay behind the Sabres' bench is a rarity by today's standards.  I think Barry Trotz might rank behind him in that regard.

I have more respect for Trotz in that market than Ruff as a token for the economy in the Buffalo market.

Ruff is a busted hack in what should be a good market.  Gutless, too.

Trotz is due to win a Jack Adams Award along the way.  Perhaps he should have already.  Loathed Ruff as a player and now as a bellyaching coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hate him all you want, I have respect for any NHL head coach who has lasted this long.

You do realize that no one really wants to coach there and that's one of the more economic depressed cities of the last 10 years, right?

He's there to be more of a figurehead than anything else. The joke is on their fans. Apparently, Miller was the best goalie in the NHL 3 years ago, too. They're the NY Jets of the NHL right now.

I have zero respect for a guy who talks the talk the can't walk the walk.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. There is no coach in the league keeping his job because of this reason. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You do realize that no one really wants to coach there and that's one of the more economic depressed cities of the last 10 years, right?

He's there to be more of a figurehead than anything else. The joke is on their fans. Apparently, Miller was the best goalie in the NHL 3 years ago, too. They're the NY Jets of the NHL right now.

I have zero respect for a guy who talks the talk the can't walk the walk.

This ranks up there with a Stanley rant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ask any Junior,AHL etc...coach if they would like the chance of becoming head coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

No coach is a figurehead, especially one thats lasted as long as he has..And I know people are going to point at Barry Melrose in Tampa, but if you dig deep into that one, he was ousted quickly because he clashed with the two owners on multiple issues, one being Stamkos. A figurehead doesnt do that.

I respect the fact that Lindy Ruff has been there that long, he's even remained coach through different owners, and when he was fined one time, the people of Buffalo tried to raise money to pay it. Thats how revered he is there. Now, as a Bruins fan, I don't care for his whining and how he called that timeout, but the fans of Buffalo love him for it and i'd assume that extends into his own locker room..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:In response to Not-A-Shot's comment: Hate him all you want, I have respect for any NHL head coach who has lasted this long.

You do realize that no one really wants to coach there and that's one of the more economic depressed cities of the last 10 years, right? [/QUOTE]

Buffalo has some really nice suburbs and NHL coaches get paid pretty well these days. I don't think you would find hungry coaches sitting at home or in the minors that would turn a pro coaching job down.