Line proposal (from watchtower of all people)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Line proposal (from watchtower of all people)

I like seeing ROLSTON on the point during power-plays, but I would consider moving KELLY up with Patrice and Brad. I think KELLY would respond well and give the B's two pretty solid lines. Getting KELLY going might pay quicker dividends down the stretch, while ROLSTON finds his rhythm on the third line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Line proposal (from watchtower of all people)

In Response to Line proposal (from watchtower of all people):
    [QUOTE]I like seeing ROLSTON on the point during power-plays, but I would consider moving KELLY up with Patrice and Brad. I think KELLY would respond well and give the B's two pretty solid lines. Getting KELLY going might pay quicker dividends down the stretch, while ROLSTON finds his rhythm on the third line.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]
    I like this idea.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

With Horton and Peverley back, I put Rolston on that 3rd line with Peverley and Kel's.  That would be the best 3rd line in hockey.

Without Horton, I think you have to play Rolston on that 2nd line with Bergy.  Keep Seg's with Krejc, and Peverley with Caron and Kel's.  I'm not sold on Pouliot's defensive game yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I like your idea Watchtower.  If that were not the solution, and if Caron can string three good games together, He would be my second choice to right shotgun on that line. 

When Peverley gets back I put him on Bergie's line and I let Pouliott, Caron and Rolston fight for playing time.  Rolston, has yet to show me he is more valuable then the other two, but I am hopeful given a little time that he will prove to be more valuable then either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Kelly anchors that third line and without him it would go from barely noticeable to flat out awful. That is not worth the moderate bonus that kell's would generate on the 2nd line.

IMO Give Caron another shot at the Bergy line, it worked at least for a short timespan last year. Who's to say he couldnt catch fire for a while and pot a few goals playing with Bergy/Marchand.

I like Caron in that spot because he should bring more offense than Kelly and his boardwork/size would translate well to the way Marchand and Bergy play together.

I would also put Paille on the 3rd line to match speed with speed.

Paille-Kelly-Pouliot no reason that line wouldnt be able to check almost any line in the league and also get some chances based on steals and speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to "Re: Line proposal (from watchtower of all people)": [QUOTE]Kelly anchors that third line and without him it would go from barely noticeable to flat out awful. That is not worth the moderate bonus that kell's would generate on the 2nd line. IMO Give Caron another shot at the Bergy line, it worked at least for a short timespan last year. Who's to say he couldnt catch fire for a while and pot a few goals playing with Bergy/Marchand. I like Caron in that spot because he should bring more offense than Kelly and his boardwork/size would translate well to the way Marchand and Bergy play together. I would also put Paille on the 3rd line to match speed with speed. Paille-Kelly-Pouliot no reason that line wouldnt be able to check almost any line in the league and also get some chances based on steals and speed. Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE] This^ While Kelly would be great on the Bergy line it would def take away from the third line and put 4 of your 5 best centers on the top 2. CJ likes to put 2 good faceoff centers in for defensive zone face-offs and this would hamper that a bit. As a side point, Caron has been playing better now that he doesn't have to worry about getting sent back to Providence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bring up Yannick Riendeau he's on fire lulz...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Line proposal (from watchtower of all people):
    [QUOTE]Kelly anchors that third line and without him it would go from barely noticeable to flat out awful. That is not worth the moderate bonus that kell's would generate on the 2nd line. IMO Give Caron another shot at the Bergy line, it worked at least for a short timespan last year. Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Boston needs to play a matchup game, and win the battle of the 3rd and 4th lines. CJ talked about secondary scoring just the other day. Without Kelly, any chance of secondary scoring on the 3rd line goes from slim to none.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Rolston has not looked good so far on Bergys line who are struggling to find their identity with the loss of Seguin.

In a perfect world, i would put Horton on Bergys line if / when he comes back and leave Seguin with Krecji and Looch.

Having kelly and Peverly together makes for a strong 3'rd line and that is what works in a playoff grind.

I like what Caron has shown the last few games ALOT more than what i see out of Pouliot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Line proposal (from watchtower of all people) : I agree with this. Boston needs to play a matchup game, and win the battle of the 3rd and 4th lines. CJ talked about secondary scoring just the other day. Without Kelly, any chance of secondary scoring on the 3rd line goes from slim to none.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of your post last night. Great insight on KELLY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]Kelly anchors that third line and without him it would go from barely noticeable to flat out awful. That is not worth the moderate bonus that kell's would generate on the 2nd line. IMO Give Caron another shot at the Bergy line, it worked at least for a short timespan last year. Who's to say he couldnt catch fire for a while and pot a few goals playing with Bergy/Marchand. I like Caron in that spot because he should bring more offense than Kelly and his boardwork/size would translate well to the way Marchand and Bergy play together. I would also put Paille on the 3rd line to match speed with speed. Paille-Kelly-Pouliot no reason that line wouldnt be able to check almost any line in the league and also get some chances based on steals and speed.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I like it.  I also think that Caron's style matches that line.  The Bergeron line tends to generate offense either on the counter attack, or through cycling the puck down low.  Caron's solid defensive positioning and big body down low should both work out well