Lines next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Lines next year?

Play backseat GM for a minute here. In a somewhat realistic realm what would you like to roll for the top4 forward lines next year?

I have a feeling that Caron is going to get a strong opportunity at the start of next year and I dont see him regressing,perhaps he could replace Rexstah as the front of the net presence on the Bergy line and regain his early chemistry with patrice.

Assume: Savard Retired - Ryder found more lucrative offer (CBJ perhaps)

KHL obviously
    Marchand-Bergy-Caron
    Peverley-Seguin-Laich
    Kelly-Campbell-Paille
    Thornton --- /> incase of injury or when Necessary

Call ups :Spooner/Suave

Chara-Siedes
    Wiz/Pitkanen-Ference
    Mcquaid-Kaberle (only witha hometown Discount)

Boychuck will be moved for capspace and pick/prospect. Even though I like Johnny Wiz is almost as good a shot but more accurate and a better skater.

Have fun. Tell me how Im wrong wrong wrong haha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Lines next year?

I don't understand why so many people think the 4th line is going to change.

additionally, I don't understand the love affair people have with Jordan Caron. He doesn't seem to have 2nd line talent. I'd much rather have seguin play wing on that line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Lines next year?:
    [QUOTE]Play backseat GM for a minute here. In a somewhat realistic realm what would you like to roll for the top4 forward lines next year? I have a feeling that Caron is going to get a strong opportunity at the start of next year and I dont see him regressing,perhaps he could replace Rexstah as the front of the net presence on the Bergy line and regain his early chemistry with patrice. Assume: Savard Retired - Ryder found more lucrative offer (CBJ perhaps) KHL obviously Marchand-Bergy-Caron Peverley-Seguin-Laich Kelly-Campbell-Paille Thornton --- /> incase of injury or when Necessary Call ups :Spooner/Suave Chara-Siedes Wiz/Pitkanen-Ference Mcquaid-Kaberle (only witha hometown Discount) Boychuck will be moved for capspace and pick/prospect. Even though I like Johnny Wiz is almost as good a shot but more accurate and a better skater. Have fun. Tell me how Im wrong wrong wrong haha.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

THE LINES WILL LOOK THIS WAY    LUCIC-KREJCI-HORTS   MARCHY-BERGY-PEVS     RYDER-KELLY-SEGS  THORTS-CAMP-PAILLE    ANYONE THAT THINKS SEGUIN IS BEST SUITED FOR LINE 2 THAN PEVS IS WRONG HE WILL BE IN TIME BUT NOT THIS SEASON......  RYDER WILL BE BACK AT REDUCED SIGNING FEE I LIKE THIS TEAM ALOT!   BASICALLY SEGUIN REPLACES REX AND THE REST IS THE SAME THAT WON THE CUP ILL TAKE THAT PLUS THEY DESERVE TO HAVE A SHOT AT IT AGAIN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marshmont-Bergy-Spooner
    Seguin-Kelly-Peverley
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Lines next year?:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand why so many people think the 4th line is going to change. additionally, I don't understand the love affair people have with Jordan Caron. He doesn't seem to have 2nd line talent. I'd much rather have seguin play wing on that line
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Caron will have to do something fairly impreesive to prove that he deserves more responsibility then Seguin at this point.  The only reason I could imagine him on Bergie's line is if you are tryng to roll with balanced lines.  Personally I think with Marchand Bergie and Seguin could challenge the Krejci line in terms of scoring if Seguin improves himself to the level of a ~20 goal scorer.  I then use Kelly and Peverly on the third line while trying to find a compliment from our system or through FA. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why so many people think the 4th line is going to change. additionally, I don't understand the love affair people have with Jordan Caron. He doesn't seem to have 2nd line talent. I'd much rather have seguin play wing on that line

Im just thinking in terms of who in the system replaces Recchi the best. Caron is similar in netfront presence, but is a better skater and has a pretty good shot. He also showed some good early chemistry with Bergy which IMO shouldnt be overlooked because the Bergy-Recchi chemistry was a key part of that line.

Im sure most people said the same thing about Marchand last year when he had an even less impressive performance the Caron did this year. Jordy started hot and then got cold, it happens especially to rookies.

If the team can Aquire Laich, I imagine the grit, speed, skill and puck control of a Seguin - Pev's -Laich line to do some real damage to other teams. I put Kelly on the 4th line because I didnt know what to do with him, perhaps regain that 2nd rounder />?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marshmont-Bergy- Spooner Seguin-Kelly-Peverley Paille-Campbell-Thornton
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Spooner is sick IMO, but ready for 2nd line im not sure but if he outplays JC bad enough in camp I could see that happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Lines next year?:[QUOTE]I don't understand why so many people think the 4th line is going to change. Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

If Seguin isn't centering the 3rd line by the middle of December he is behind in his development IMO. Kelly cannot keep up with Seguin and Peverley in terms of feeding them with swift tape to tape passes. Chris should be on the 4th line because he messed more 2 on 1, 3 on 2 breakouts during the playoffs than I care to see anymore.

Plus it would it would stunt Caron, Spooners and Sauve's growth if Thornton plays 70+ games again he is not needed for every game therefore Kelly has to go down with the other no hands Paille and Campbell so youth can get TOI.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marshmont-Bergy-Sauve
    Laich-Seguin-Peverley
    Paille-Campbell-Kelly

Thornton in the stands, Spooner first call up needs a full season in the AHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shame that our coffers are full of prospects.

We will not get to see
    Sauve Caron #9 Couturier Spooner Knight Arneil unless
    1 Sav is done
    2 Ryd is elsewhere
    3 The dreaded injuries
    4 They are elsewhere
    5 Preseason
    6 They are awesome from the getgo

cj will use them much like Caron and Seg this year, only if he has too.

That is a lot of speed with some grit.

I expect more of an injury bug this year, we were extremely lucky believe it or not last year.

Sav Kamp Sturm  Stuart(cost him a cup)
    Boy despite out 13 games was 4th in mins played
    Krej missed 7, Fer 12  McQ 15
    The d had a lot of healthy scratches in those misses too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

the lines i would like to see...

KHL
    march berg segs
    peverley kelly caron
    paille campbell thornton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree, OC.  Caron didn't light it up in Providence (47 games, 12 goals) and he didn't light it up in the Q (one season with more points than games).  Now people want him up against he best players in the world...and to play on the second line.  It makes no sense.

The fourth line will remain as it was. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Caron already pencilled in?

I think he needs to make the team first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lines next year? : If Seguin isn't centering the 3rd line by the middle of December he is behind in his development IMO. Kelly cannot keep up with Seguin and Peverley in terms of feeding them with swift tape to tape passes. Chris should be on the 4th line because he messed more 2 on 1, 3 on 2 breakouts during the playoffs than I care to see anymore. Plus it would it would stunt Caron, Spooners and Sauve's growth if Thornton plays 70+ games again he is not needed for every game therefore Kelly has to go down with the other no hands Paille and Campbell so youth can get TOI. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marshmont-Bergy- Sauve Laich-Seguin-Peverley Paille-Campbell-Kelly Thornton in the stands, Spooner first call up needs a full season in the AHL.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

He either makes the team or gets sent back to Kingston. One year of eligibility left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

2 spots are available.
    Recchi and Ryder. 
    Lines 1 and 4 will stay the same.
    1 spot- Bergie-Marchand-Seguin.   Thats one spot taken unless Kelly is dealt and Seguin centers the 3rd line.  But for now I think Marchand and Seguin had a nice few games in the playoffs and both can burn.
    2 spot- Kelly Peverly and either a farm hand like Caron or a UFA pickup.  I indicated a cheaper player like Larose.  And I still like him. TSN had mentioned him as a possibility as well.  Laich will be too expensive even though he is my
    1st choice.  Cole is another one someone mentioned.  Kelly-Peverly-Cole would be a fantastic 3rd line. 
    I believe adding a veteran type 3rd line fwd will help.  You need new blood in the lineup every year. 

I would save the extra money and add the best dman available via UFA. 

1 maybe 2 players will be added.  I can see them giving Ryder a deal even though I am against it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

This my starting line up prediction:

Looch Krejci Horton

Marchand Bergy Seguin

Caron Kelly Peverly

Paille Camp Thornton

Chara Kaberle

Boychuk Sieds

Ference McQuaid

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of all thoughts are reasonable, so let's talk about goings and comings. Hopefully IMo Slyder goes; IMO Thorny will not make the team in training camp; I like the thought of Chara/Seids/ Ference/Mcquaid/Pitkanen or Wisneiwski, plus maybe Kaberle @2.0. that gives three forward spots, Seguin a definate;Caron a reasonable based on size,skill,early performance with Bergie last fall;Do not think Spooner, McKnight, Sauve will be ready without more AHL time under a good coach[ anyone hear who?] Pickup a solid scoring wing to fill out. Goalie is not a problem, but it is!! If Claude doesn't play Tuuka on an alternate game plan we could lose him after next year, PLUS Tuuka needs games to growinto his talents. Khudoban came to the Bruins to play, not sit. Maybe Chiarelli can convince him to stay in Providence and learn under a "good" coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Some of all thoughts are reasonable, so let's talk about goings and comings. Hopefully IMo Slyder goes; IMO Thorny will not make the team in training camp; I like the thought of Chara/Seids/ Ference/Mcquaid/Pitkanen or Wisneiwski, plus maybe Kaberle @2.0. that gives three forward spots, Seguin a definate;Caron a reasonable based on size,skill,early performance with Bergie last fall;Do not think Spooner, McKnight, Sauve will be ready without more AHL time under a good coach[ anyone hear who?] Pickup a solid scoring wing to fill out. Goalie is not a problem, but it is!! If Claude doesn't play Tuuka on an alternate game plan we could lose him after next year, PLUS Tuuka needs games to growinto his talents. Khudoban came to the Bruins to play, not sit. Maybe Chiarelli can convince him to stay in Providence and learn under a "good" coach.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

what about torres?  :-)  torres-kelly-peverly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Ryder is coming back as you need a finisher to put with Seguin in order to get the most value out of him. Ryder and Seguin had good chemistry last year as well.

Same lines as last year with Pev moving up to the 2nd line. 3rd line Kelly, Seg, Ryder

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Caron already pencilled in? I think he needs to make the team first.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Well if you read the post I said he'll get a strong chance not that I 100% expect him to be a top6 I just dont expect him to have regressed. But your a genius so I guess you dont have to read.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder is coming back as you need a finisher to put with Seguin in order to get the most value out of him. Ryder and Seguin had good chemistry last year as well. Same lines as last year with Pev moving up to the 2nd line. 3rd line Kelly, Seg, Ryder
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I hope not I'd rather a strong skater and 2way player such as Laich who will open up space for Peverley to set up Seguin and have seguin be the finisher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky10. Show eyeinthesky10's posts

Luc Krejc Hort
    Marchy Bergy Pevs
    Ryder Kelly Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton
    Caron

Chara Seids
    Ference Boychuk
    McQuaid Kaberle (at right price)
    Kampfer

Sorry everyone, I know this may not be the most exciting lineup but they did win the STANLEY CUP.  Ryder will be resigned since we have tons of cap room, Marchand will like get whatever he wants, 3 years 6 mil is what i'm guessing.  Kaberle is a wild card which I don't mind.  He will have to take a cut from the 4.25M he made last year since he went from #1 Dman on TO to #5/6 in Boston and doesn't play our style naturally.  3M for Kabs if he wants to stay.  Otherwise, pick up everyones favorite Pitkanen or my favorite Bieksa, or any of the other comparable options at D available this year, they will want to come to a winner.  

anyone who thinks spooner or knight is making the lineup is wrong. They can't even make Providence this year... but will be great soon enough.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Luc Krejc Hort Marchy Bergy Pevs Ryder Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Thornton Caron Chara Seids Ference Boychuk McQuaid Kaberle (at right price) Kampfer Sorry everyone, I know this may not be the most exciting lineup but they did win the STANLEY CUP.  Ryder will be resigned since we have tons of cap room, Marchand will like get whatever he wants, 3 years 6 mil is what i'm guessing.  Kaberle is a wild card which I don't mind.  He will have to take a cut from the 4.25M he made last year since he went from #1 Dman on TO to #5/6 in Boston and doesn't play our style naturally.  3M for Kabs if he wants to stay.  Otherwise, pick up everyones favorite Pitkanen or my favorite Bieksa, or any of the other comparable options at D available this year, they will want to come to a winner.   anyone who thinks spooner or knight is making the lineup is wrong. They can't even make Providence this year... but will be great soon enough.  
    Posted by eyeinthesky10[/QUOTE]

What does this mean ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

PEVS NEEDS TO BE WITH MARCHY AND BERGY GREAT SPEED ON THE WINGS WILL CAUSE MATCHUP NIGHTMARES  ESPECIALLY BECAUSE TEAMS MUST PUT #1 D PAIR OUT VS KREJCI LINE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Lines next year?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lines next year? : He either makes the team or gets sent back to Kingston. One year of eligibility left.Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

2010-11   Providence Bruins   AHL     3     2     1     3
    Are you sure Chowda ? 3 points in 3 games and Ryan will go back ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]PEVS NEEDS TO BE WITH MARCHY AND BERGY GREAT SPEED ON THE WINGS WILL CAUSE MATCHUP NIGHTMARES  ESPECIALLY BECAUSE TEAMS MUST PUT #1 D PAIR OUT VS KREJCI LINE
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Really? Recchi isnt very fast and that line put up some pretty good numbers. Marchy and Bergy both work the wall really well you need someone to set up infront. Caron has the Size to do that.

Unless you split up KHL line and put Pevs on the #1 line and go Bergy-Marchmont-Horton.