Lines when Lucic gets back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgauthier1975. Show mgauthier1975's posts

Lines when Lucic gets back?

Any thoughts? Absolutely cannot break up Bergy/Marchand/Recchi right now. And I like Krejci/Seguin/Wheeler as well. I'd say throw him on the 4th line - maybe he'll get back to a more physcial game, and it gives that line a legit scoring threat. Part of me says put him on the first line and dump Ryder, but I think he'd be fairly useless (moreso than usual) on the 4th line.

Theses things have a way of working out, I guess. The Bergy line is bound to cool down at some point I guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Lines when Lucic gets back?

id put him on the 3rd line w/ Bergy and Marchand thier work effort could rub off on Lucic and get him going again. Recchi to the 4th line and some reduced minuts for Recchi/Campbell/Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

Isn't it great to have problems like this and how about Stuart?? Life is good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Trade Lucic and Ryder to LA for Dustin Brown. Problem solved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sad, but March will go back to 4th, with maybe some switches with Seg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

no way March will go back to 4th ....never never ....and I am glad bridgemamusa isnt the B's GM ....he is very generous ......Ryder + Ferrence for Dustin Brown<<<

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Lines when Lucic gets back?:
    [QUOTE]no way March will go back to 4th ....never never ....and I am glad bridgemamusa isnt the B's GM ....he is very generous ......Ryder + Ferrence for Dustin Brown<<< Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Lucic is a good player, (not great) and his contract is an anchor. His skating is suspect and he no longer fights. Trade him for Brown + a prospect and throw in a pick and Stuart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I think the lines should be

Lucic Savard Horton
    Marchand Seguin Bergeron
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Recchi Campbell Thornton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

lines for me would be:

1. Lucic - Savard - Ryder
    2. Wheeler - Krejci - Horton
    3. Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin (whatever side Seguin plays)
    4. Recchi - Campbell - Thornton

1. Seguin - Savard - Horton
    2. Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
    3. Lucic - Bergeron - Marchand
    4. Paille - Campbell - Thornton (call him up for some games McGratton)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HDJR23. Show HDJR23's posts

What has Recchi done wrong to be demoted on many of you guys' lineup ?
    Don't underestimate the work he does during a hokcey game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Marchand has to stay with Bergeron and Claude keeps Recchi with Bergeron
    For Seguin to keep progressing keep with Krejci and Ryder goes to the 4th line as he is one of our only minus players on the team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Moving parts around can destroy the recent chemistry that has helped all lines. However IMO Recchi should go to the 4th line to reduce his skating time and keep him available for the PP. Adding Looch to Bergeron's line allows the other lines to continue to play together, learn each other's preferences and moves, and provides the least line disruption.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Much as I like Brown, that'd be overpaying for him. Maybe if there were a 1st rounder coming back, or 2 lower picks, but Lucic and Brown are about equal in value, and Ryder is still a powerplay performer and a multitime 30 goal scorer.

[QUOTE]Trade Lucic and Ryder to LA for Dustin Brown. Problem solved.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lines when Lucic gets back? : Lucic is a good player, (not great) and his contract is an anchor. His skating is suspect and he no longer fights. Trade him for Brown + a prospect and throw in a pick and Stuart.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

You do realize he's second on the team in points and leads the team in goals, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

It wouldn't be wise for claude to dismantle the Bergeron line. Bergeron line the past few games have been heavily involved in most of the scoring. Last game vs philly i swear they were on the ice 5 out of the 7 goals scored

Lineup

Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Horton Savard Wheeler
    Seguin Krejci Lucic
    Ryder Campbell Thornton

Ryder though scoring the fluke goal the last game has been playing again poorly. Anytime the guy is pressured to perform, he really falters. I'd put him back with Krejci or 4th line. CJ has to stop favoring him

I think also having Wheeler with Savard and Horton will really help that line. 

Seguin and Krejci have looked good playing together. Leave that combo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Those lines look good Yaz. Where Julien has started with the lines hasn't necessarily ended with the lines. Claude has changed things up quite well by rewarding players near the end of th period.

Yaz you pointed out how well Campbell and Bergeron played together at the end of the Penguins game I never would have thought those two could play so well together. Seeing different looks from Coach lately that's good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tough one to call.  Some chemistry going on with Marchand and I don't see Julien changing his ways and most likely Marchand will go back to the 4th line.
    Not that I agree with it.
    As SanDog is saying Julien will change things up in the 3rd depending on his team needs and reward a player that is playing better.
    Trade Lucic ? LOL never going to happen and BTW Dustin Brown has his ups and downs also.
    In the end here are some players you will never see on the 4th line .  Not my view ,  a reality:
    Recchi, Ryder, Wheeler (as of late) , Horton, Lucic and of course the Bruins top3 centers . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sometimes we think of Marchand's old 4th line wing position as a demotion or some sort of purgatory, but I think it can been viewed as a positive for a more versatile player.

When Lucic is back, I'd love to see Wheeler take on that "flex" role. Wheeler is an underrated PK guy and could get extra minutes with Campbell as the #1 PK unit, and as a guy they rotate in the last 5 mins of the game. Having Wheeler on the 4th also give CJ an easy in-game kick in the pants to any winger on the top 3 lines not pulling their weight. If Horton, Lucic or Ryder coast at any moment, just swap them with Wheeler and message sent. Also, Wheeler's been playing a much more up-tempo game recently and would essentially be a doppelganger for Marchand on the 4th line, without messing with what is currently working.

And of course...moving Lucic into Wheeler's traditional spot avoids having to break up the Bergeron line or curb any chemistry that's developing between Krejci/Seguin.

LINES

Horton Savard Ryder
    Seguin Krecji Lucic
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Thornton Campbell Wheeler

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I hate when I'm right. Lines looked great today vs. Carolina.

Sections
Shortcuts