Lines with Savard!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Lines with Savard!!!!

With Savard likely to play tonight I would love for the Bruins to move Bergeron to RW. Yes, i know he's the king of face-offs, this doesn't mean he cannot take them in critical situations. Bergeron can obviously score, has great one on one moves and protects the puck as well as anyone in the NHL. He's extremely good in the neutral zone and you need wingers that can penetrate into the offensive zone. I would also put Seguin on LW, Savard has said he love having a right-handed shot on his left side, he feels he can be more creative.

I would assemble these lines:

Tyler Seguin - Marc Savard - Patrice Bergeron

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton

Mark Recchi - Blake Wheeler - Michael Ryder

Brad Marchand - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuk

Andrew Ference - Dennis Seidenberg

Mark Stuart - Adam McQuaid

Red: #1 PP-Unit
    Green: #2 PP-Unit

This lineup gives you two really talented top lines, with a complimentary 3rd. Obviously, you keep the best 4th line in the NHL in tact.

What do you guys think?

Side note: Only two teams in the last 10yrs have won the stanley cup who ranked in the top-5 in team defense (Det-#1 08, NJ-#1 01) Pitt won it being #17, Car won it being #19, everyone in between was in the middle of the pack. So, enough of this Claude Julien "system" loyalty. Let your best players play, enough with the "trap" and dump and chase BS. Also, why do you guys think the Bruins are horrible at breaking out of their own zone? Sure, no "puck-movers" but your also delaying the outbreak with this predictable "D-2-D" philosophy. Get the puck, look up, and pass, it's that simple...really. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Re: Lines with Savard!!!!

In Response to Lines with Savard!!!!:
    [QUOTE]With Savard likely to play tonight I would love for the Bruins to move Bergeron to RW. Yes, i know he's the king of face-offs, this doesn't mean he cannot take them in critical situations. Bergeron can obviously score, has great one on one moves and protects the puck as well as anyone in the NHL. He's extremely good in the neutral zone and you need wingers that can penetrate into the offensive zone. I would also put Seguin on LW, Savard has said he love having a right-handed shot on his left side, he feels he can be more creative. I would assemble these lines: Tyler Seguin - Marc Savard - Patrice Bergeron Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton Mark Recchi - Blake Wheeler - Michael Ryder Brad Marchand - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuk Andrew Ference - Dennis Seidenberg Mark Stuart - Adam McQuaid Red: #1 PP-Unit Green: #2 PP-Unit This lineup gives you two really talented top lines, with a complimentary 3rd. Obviously, you keep the best 4th line in the NHL in tact. What do you guys think? Side note: Only two teams in the last 10yrs have won the stanley cup who ranked in the top-5 in team defense (Det-#1 08, NJ-#1 01) Pitt won it being #17, Car won it being #19, everyone in between was in the middle of the pack. So, enough of this Claude Julien "system" loyalty. Let your best players play, enough with the "trap" and dump and chase BS. Also, why do you guys think the Bruins are horrible at breaking out of their own zone? Sure, no "puck-movers" but your also delaying the outbreak with this predictable "D-2-D" philosophy. Get the puck, look up, and pass, it's that simple...really. 
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Interesting line combos, but doubt CJ would shake it up this much.
    One thing though, who exactly is playing the point w/ Boychuk on the PP2?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I would roll with:

Seguin       Savard      Recchi
    Horton       Krejci        Lucic
    Wheeler     Bergy        Ryder
    Marchand   Campbell   Thornton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

He used Ryder at the point a few games. They have no true quarterback in terms of defensemen, just a guess on my part.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]I would assemble these lines: Tyler Seguin - Marc Savard - Patrice Bergeron Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton Mark Recchi - Blake Wheeler - Michael Ryder Brad Marchand - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuk Andrew Ference - Dennis Seidenberg Mark Stuart - Adam McQuaid Red: #1 PP-Unit Green: #2 PP-Unit This lineup gives you two really talented top lines, with a complimentary 3rd. Obviously, you keep the best 4th line in the NHL in tact. What do you guys think? Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    I think Krejci, Savard and Bergy are your top 3 centers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Lucic - Krejic - Horton
    Ryder - Savard - Seguin
    Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seids - Stuart
    Ference - McQuaid

Only change to what I've been saying is to move Ryder to his off wing with Sturm gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

nr guy, i like where your heads at

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

All I want to see, and it seems I'm not alone, is Savard with Seguin on his wing

Can you imagine, Savvy passing up ice to a streaking Seguin?......holy crap on a pita!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In Response to Re: Lines with Savard!!!!:
    [QUOTE]All I want to see, and it seems I'm not alone, is Savard with Seguin on his wing Can you imagine, Savvy passing up ice to a streaking Seguin?......holy crap on a pita!!!!
    Posted by Swearengen[/QUOTE]

If you do put them together, I think adding Lucic as the other winger would then be necessary. Savard and Seguin aren't winning many one on one battles, you would need someone on that line that could.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]With Savard likely to play tonight I would love for the Bruins to move Bergeron to RW. Yes, i know he's the king of face-offs, this doesn't mean he cannot take them in critical situations. Bergeron can obviously score, has great one on one moves and protects the puck as well as anyone in the NHL. He's extremely good in the neutral zone and you need wingers that can penetrate into the offensive zone. I would also put Seguin on LW, Savard has said he love having a right-handed shot on his left side, he feels he can be more creative. I would assemble these lines: Tyler Seguin - Marc Savard - Patrice Bergeron Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton Mark Recchi - Blake Wheeler - Michael Ryder Brad Marchand - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton Zdeno Chara - Johnny Boychuk Andrew Ference - Dennis Seidenberg Mark Stuart - Adam McQuaid Red: #1 PP-Unit Green: #2 PP-Unit This lineup gives you two really talented top lines, with a complimentary 3rd. Obviously, you keep the best 4th line in the NHL in tact. What do you guys think? Side note: Only two teams in the last 10yrs have won the stanley cup who ranked in the top-5 in team defense (Det-#1 08, NJ-#1 01) Pitt won it being #17, Car won it being #19, everyone in between was in the middle of the pack. So, enough of this Claude Julien "system" loyalty. Let your best players play, enough with the "trap" and dump and chase BS. Also, why do you guys think the Bruins are horrible at breaking out of their own zone? Sure, no "puck-movers" but your also delaying the outbreak with this predictable "D-2-D" philosophy. Get the puck, look up, and pass, it's that simple...really. 
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    I like the idea of these combos and you could have Bergie take the face-offs for savard and then switch over to the wing.That said,i also  liked the way Wheeler played when teamed up with Bergeron and Rex.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Boychuk def needs to be back with Chara!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic - Krejic - Horton Ryder - Savard - Seguin Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi Marchand - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seids - Stuart Ference - McQuaid Only change to what I've been saying is to move Ryder to his off wing with Sturm gone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I hate the fact that Ryder is so slow. But hey,he is seeing Seguin out on the ice.Add Savard to the picture and you could have a Top NHL line.I like your choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic - Krejic - Horton Ryder - Savard - Seguin Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi Marchand - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seids - Stuart Ference - McQuaid Only change to what I've been saying is to move Ryder to his off wing with Sturm gone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Ryder is in Seguins brain on the ice.Add Savy and you got a top NHL line.Ryder has a lot of work still to do keeping those feet moving.But I like your Ryder-Savard Seguin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Simply put, Bingo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

nrguy's got it down. looking good....

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Ryder - Savard - Seguin
    Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seids - Stuart
    Ference - McQuaid

I might want to see some mixing to send a message when needed. For instance, swap Recchi and Horton for a night to wake the guy up. Or rotate in Paille to give a guy some rest/perspective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Savard Bergeron Caron
    Ryder Seguin Wheeler
    Thornton Cambell Recchi/Marchand

Chara - Ference
    Seidenberg - Boychuk
    Stuart - Mcquaid

Savard should really not be playing centre right now.  Also why breakup the third line when it is clicking ?  I wish CJ can wake up and realize that Recchi is not a 2nd line player. He should be playing on the 4th line, powerplays and special situations requiring vet presence. Not having Caron in the lineup would be a mistake. He has played better than Marchand overall who is making some "rookie" mistakes vs a younger Caron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

If savard is paired with seguin , the bruins better have a top defensive forward on the other wing like Wheeler. Savard and Seguin are two of the worst defensive players in our team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Let Savy seg and Ryder run and gun

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

B's forward lines are exactly how I wrote them, gawd I'm wicked smaart

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yaz - B's are home => the B's can match lines how they want.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]B's forward lines are exactly how I wrote them, gawd I'm wicked smaart
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    attaboy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Ryder Savard and Seguin were awesome tonight...I hope they keep it up!!!  Great game by everybody actually.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder Savard and Seguin were awesome tonight...I hope they keep it up!!!  Great game by everybody actually.
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

Sure Ryder got the points  but that line was a plus and did look good. They'll only get better.
    What a good role model Savvy will be for Seguin.  Just the way Marc went into the defensive zone and dug up pucks in the corner ,  off the boards,  good outlet pass and out of the zone.
    Amazing !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz - B's are home = /> the B's can match lines how they want.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Yes !  That was my biff with Julien in Tampa,  kept on getting caught with 4th line starting and Boucher putting out his no1 line. Major mismatch and the Bruins kept on getting caught that way and just could not build any momentum.
    Sure Tampa had the last change but I still feel he could have done better.
    Tonight,  he just gave Boucher a lesson ,  all night long Julien ruled.  Let's not forget at the end of the game on PP he had Thorton on and that's a message to Boucher ,  he's not coaching to embarrass you.  Unlike Boucher in Tampa with the game in hand he still had his no1 line on till the very end to score more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

8 goals tonight i think the lines did good when they skated tt in net and 4 solid lines these team will be unstoppable