Linus Arnesson is the pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Linus Arnesson is the pick

Linus Arnesson
    Ht/Wt: 6' 2"/190 lbs
    Position: D
    Team: Djurgardens IF (SWE)

The only Swedish-born defenseman undrafted at this point at the NJEC and will most likely be taken in the upcoming June 2013 NHL Entry Draft – as late 1994 birthdate. He is a big, mobile D-man that just shuts down the opposition. He is not overly gifted in the offensive zone, yet plays smart with the puck, makes good breakout passes, and tough to beat on the defensive side. He projects for a possible second or third round selection.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Linus Arnesson is the pick

Who names their kid "Linus" ??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Sounds like a good safe pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I was a little surprised they took a defenceman with their 1st pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I was a little surprised they took a defenceman with their 1st pick.

you don't draft for need witht he 59th pick. you draft the best player available. the consesus was that the bruins did that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

The Arnessons and the Omarks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Arnessons and the Omarks.

[/QUOTE]

.......and the Van Pelts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Another lousy pick by Chia. He'll be the next Zack Hamill. Subban was the best choice out there, he'll have 30 points before Linus plays an NHL game, if ever.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm gonna take a leap and guess that nobody on this board knows a single useful thing about anyone that was drafted by the Bruins, except perhaps Ryan Fitzgerald.

The jury is gonna be out for a while...

I read that Arnesson probably would've been drafted higher last year and has a lot of international experience.  He was rated as the 3rd best European defensemen, so it doesn't seem terrible for the #60 pick.  We'll see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Another lousy pick by Chia. He'll be the next Zack Hamill. Subban was the best choice out there, he'll have 30 points before Linus plays an NHL game, if ever.

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

This exactly the type of uninformed, reactionary nonsense you would hope to avoid here.

Hey, a poster here knows the name Subban but doesn't know the name Arnesson -- it must have been a bad pick!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Fletch there is a reason I have OEC on ignore. That would be why.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

It's almost hard to imagine a more idiotic comparison for a Swedish defensmen, at the #60 pick, that we've never seen play, than to say he's "the next Zach Hamill".

I know this poster likes to haphazardly throw opinions out there faster than he can think about them, but yeah, its probably time for the Ignore button.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's almost hard to imagine a more idiotic comparison for a Swedish defensmen, at the #60 pick, that we've never seen play, than to say he's "the next Zach Hamill".

I know this poster likes to haphazardly throw opinions out there faster than he can think about them, but yeah, its probably time for the Ignore button.

[/QUOTE]

Especially consider the fact that Subban was still there 55 picks after Linus was selected. I like Subban more than many but I have no issues with PC drafting a D man with some size instead. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I also have OEC on ignore.  

I've been notoriously critical of the Bruins drafting, but I can't see how anyone can criticize this pick at #60.  The odds are highly againsts picks #60 on down and the only reasonable expectation for this draft is ---- NONE.

From the 2010 draft - only 10 players have seen time in the NHL from pick 60 on down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

I also have OEC on ignore.  

I've been notoriously critical of the Bruins drafting, but I can't see how anyone can criticize this pick at #60.  The odds are highly againsts picks #60 on down and the only reasonable expectation for this draft is ---- NONE.

From the 2010 draft - only 10 players have seen time in the NHL from pick 60 on down.

[/QUOTE]

Very sensible Bh. Good points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Since 2005, the Bruins have drafted the following defensemen: Dougie Hamilton, Matt Grzyelnek, Matt Benning, Rob O'gara, Maxim Chudinov Zach Trotman, Ryan Button, Tommy Cross, Dennis Reul, Alain Goulet, Radim Ostracil, Yuri Alexandrov, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Matt Lashoff, and Jordan Sigalet. Displaying what is surely the most inept ability in the NHL in drafting defensemen, only Dougie Hamilton shows any ability beyond being a  minor leaguer. Care to argue that, Dezafoolchi? Yeah, I have real faith Linus is going to be different LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Since 2005, the Bruins have drafted the following defensemen: Dougie Hamilton, Matt Grzyelnek, Matt Benning, Rob O'gara, Maxim Chudinov Zach Trotman, Ryan Button, Tommy Cross, Dennis Reul, Alain Goulet, Radim Ostracil, Yuri Alexandrov, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Matt Lashoff, and Jordan Sigalet. Displaying what is surely the most inept ability in the NHL in drafting defensemen, only Dougie Hamilton shows any ability beyond being a  minor leaguer. Care to argue that, Dezafoolchi? Yeah, I have real faith Linus is going to be different LOL!

Orr, you are following up a very poor argument up with another very poor argument and are one step away from the ignore button, which I hardly ever use.

Your list there could apply to any NHL team.  The vast majority of those guys are picks later than the first 2 rounds, which hardly ever make the NHL, on any team.  Check the success rate of other team's drafting D-men since 2005, in the later rounds, for comparison -- it'll ruin your argument.  Do it.  I dare you.

Guys like Matt Benning (7th round) and Rob O'Gara (5th round) haven't even played a college game yet, so citing them is totally irrelvent.  Only a fool thinks that and 18-year old drafted in the 7th round will play in the NHL right away...

C'mon grow up and make some big boy arguments here.  You know nothing about Arnesson and neither does anyone else, except that he was the 3rd highest rated Eurpoean D-man and could be an NHL defensmen after 3-4 years of development.  Par for the course at pick #60.

Don't get all excited about Subban just because you know his name.  Every team passed on him yesterday, until the 4th round.

Sharpen up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What's to argue? You're a meathead who most have on ignore.  I don't ignore you because I feel your lack of knowledge to be hilarious. Feel free to elaborate on why Subban was drafted after 114 other players. Actually forget it because I already know. You see, I've actually seen him play countless times whereas I know that you never have. Thanks for the laughs. It must not be easy being a dimwit but you make it seem effortless. Nice work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Once again Dezaruchi proves Denial is not just a river in Egypt! OK Dezzy I mean Dizzy? Answer this if you can--in what position number was PK Subban, the Norris winning defenseman, drafted? Too difficult for you? don't worry, just be happy in your ignorance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Once again Dezaruchi proves Denial is not just a river in Egypt! OK Dezzy I mean Dizzy? Answer this if you can--in what position number was PK Subban, the Norris winning defenseman, drafted? Too difficult for you? don't worry, just be happy in your ignorance.

Still having elementary school students write your material eh? We all know you've never seen Subban or Linus play. We all know you're simple. Why should anything else matter again? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You are seriously going to compare a #43 pick to a #60?

Look throught the draft years and it is quite noticeable that mid second round on down is a different world than above.

Look, there's plenty to criticize.  That 2007 draft is one that bothers me.  Hamill and Cross I thought were obviously bad picks, but you want to go complain about this draft?  

It's a #60 pick and lower.  Get reasonable.  Find me players that made it from the 3rd round down in these modern times when they are that much better at evaluating players - since 2004 or so.

Also, I am notorious for complaining about their picks, *obvious* bad picks becaue they are undersized or underskilled just by looking at their stats and not even watching them play.

And I can't say that about any of these picks, they all appear either big and/or appear to be skilled.

Who would you have picked?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The one constant in the life of Dizzyruchi is he never answers the question. I guess it's akin to pleading the Fifth, and in his case it's the right to not admit his stupidity. Fair point Dez, I don't blame you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The one constant in the life of Dizzyruchi is he never answers the question. I guess it's akin to pleading the Fifth, and in his case it's the right to not admit his stupidity. Fair point Dez, I don't blame you!

There was a question? I think your 10 year old speech writer needs to work on his punctuation then. Ask away dimwit. It won't make you look any dumber. You've set the bar amazingly high in that respect. 

Sections
Shortcuts