little ball of INDIFFERENCE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

little ball of INDIFFERENCE

Who is wearing # 63 and what has he done with our MARCHY ?!!!!   In last years playoffs I was certain he was nursing and injury and his lack of desire in getting loose pucks and his inefficiency along the boards continued into this year and it's never been more evident than this years playoffs.  His trademark stop and wait for his linemates to gain the zone seems like a habitual need to avoid traffic.  I stopped counting his giveaways, he has become a turnover machine and unfortunately his defensive zone ineptness has turned Bergeron into a defensive forward for most of the series with the Habs.  I truly hate bad mouthing my beloved B's especially during the playoffs, it almost seems like bad luck, but if someone knows something medical about this please tell me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: little ball of INDIFFERENCE

Him and Krejci have no confidence.  A goal will turn them around.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand, Krejci, Iginla, Soderberg - goal-less (Iginla's EN doesn't count) in this series.  It's 2-2 going home.  One or two of those guys start twitching the twine and the Bruins can book hotels in Pittsburgh.  I say if only because I didn't think Jagr would go goal-less for the playoffs last year, or Marchand goal-less for the Finals.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I don't see a lack of effort anywhere, these guys are trying... but I see a lack of execution and in the case of some guys, like Marshmont, Bart, etc. I see a total lack of confidence. Marchand just can't find his game, but he's not alone.

Tying up the series and getting home ice back, maybe all of these guys can loosen up and get back on track tomorrow. If even half of those under-performing now get going, they could blow the Habs out of the building the next two games.

Nice to see Tuukka back, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Missing two open nets seems to have made him a little negative; I can see this win and a rookie potting the winner really getting things back on track for the team and look forward to an old-fashioned Garden Party Saturday night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I know it's "woulda, coulda, shoulda" but think about this: between playing like pewp and the 457 missed open nets or clanked posts, we could be swooning over a B's sweep this morning. If last night's Tuukka showed up Tuesday (or in game 1) or just one of the 5 guys who have been under-performing got their act together... 

What I'm saying is, the Habs are tied 2-2 with the B's having not come close to playing well overall. Would be great to see things "click" tomorrow night and have the B's take control with a blowout. I don't think the Habs can play any better than they have the past 2 games, but you definitely can't say that about the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand, Krejci, Iginla, Soderberg - goal-less (Iginla's EN doesn't count) in this series.  It's 2-2 going home.  One or two of those guys start twitching the twine and the Bruins can book hotels in Pittsburgh.  I say if only because I didn't think Jagr would go goal-less for the playoffs last year, or Marchand goal-less for the Finals.

[/QUOTE]

What a joke.  These guys need to get it going.  They aren't paid to play 100% defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Marchand's turnover in the defensive zone, in the 1st period, was alarmingly bad.  That easily could've been a Hab goal.  I don't know what's going on with him, but his problems are at both ends of the ice right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I remember in 2011 it took while till Marchand got it going against the Habs. He was pretty good in game2 . Right now he just skates along the boards , stops , turns and tries to feed the puck back. I think the Habs caught on to that.  Change it up Marchand !

Krejci (and his lines) also didn't do much against the Habs in 2011, with exception of Horton's big goal. The Hab matchup shut him down then and this series thus far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand's turnover in the defensive zone, in the 1st period, was alarmingly bad.  That easily could've been a Hab goal.  I don't know what's going on with him, but his problems are at both ends of the ice right now.

[/QUOTE]

Me thinks his "moves" are getting stale and the Hab D are on to him. Hell, I can predict what he is going to do with the puck when he gets it. Therrien had plenty of time to study the B's and their individual habits during their long break after sweeping TB. Marchand needs to adjust his style...so far he has not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Did anyone notice how bad the ice was last night at the Bell Centre? I mean that puck was bouncing at both ends of the ice,at least when the B's had it(LOL),especially Marchand,i know he's had problems all series keeping the puck on his stick but last night took the cake.It was bouncing on everyone.It did seem to settle down as the game went on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The quote below is the marker in my estimation.  Marchand, and the first line have been schooled.  Yet if one reads the papers so has CJ made marks on Le Canadien first line.  The fact of the matter is Marchand is a player of known quantity now, not like in 2011.  He needs to resize his game to the current playoffs.  Otherwise he becomes predictable.  On the other hand the first line has lost it's mojo too, a la Montreal's first line.  The issue there is Montreal's first line was just formed.  Back to Marchand he should be a bit more in tune with Bergeron and Smith.  He needs to find his play.  

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Me thinks his "moves" are getting stale and the Hab D are on to him. Hell, I can predict what he is going to do with the puck when he gets it. Therrien had plenty of time to study the B's and their individual habits during their long break after sweeping TB. Marchand needs to adjust his style...so far he has not.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The quote below is the marker in my estimation.  Marchand, and the first line have been schooled.  Yet if one reads the papers so has CJ made marks on Le Canadien first line.  The fact of the matter is Marchand is a player of known quantity now, not like in 2011.  He needs to resize his game to the current playoffs.  Otherwise he becomes predictable.  On the other hand the first line has lost it's mojo too, a la Montreal's first line.  The issue there is Montreal's first line was just formed.  Back to Marchand he should be a bit more in tune with Bergeron and Smith.  He needs to fine his play.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think both Therrien and CJ have done a masterful job pre-scouting and strategizing for this series. Interestingly, Therrien today mentioned that his first line needs to stop playing like its the regular season and adjust. The same could be said for a number of players on both teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Marchand is working hard and that's enough for me. What I really dread are the dumb penalties. It's critical that he stay out of the box.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand is working hard and that's enough for me. What I really dread are the dumb penalties. It's critical that he stay out of the box.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I agree that he has been completely ineffective and predictable and a turnover machine, but as long as he hustled, killed penalties and forchecked, it's all you could ask for and hope it turns around for him.

But Game 5 he took a ridiculous penalty and let Montreal feel like they were back in it with another PPG.  As long as Montreal/Subban continue to torture the Bruins with this apparent unstoppable power play, taking absolutely stupid penalties are completely unacceptable, especially if Marchand is under the impression these penalties are makiing up for his complete lack of production.

He should have been called for a cross check along with the penalty he did get, plus 2 more slashes late in the game.  I guarantee he gets rung up on those at the Bell Centre.

He's an X factor that could go either way right now.  Love to see him score a shorthanded goal and get his mind back on playing the game right.

Sections
Shortcuts