Live it up, the Refs can only do so much

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Live it up, the Refs can only do so much

It's a cool, sweet kinda place where the copters won't spot it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I have RI Red laying hens. I've never had chickens before. It's amazing how much I've learned about chickens since getting the hens. I didn't realize that so many people had hens in Boston and the city just released guidelines for where hens are permitted and the number that you can have in your flock. I like eggs over hard cause I'm not a fan of oozing yokes but I respect those of you who can eat your eggs over easy. I also like hard boiled eggs but some morning it can be a real chore deshelling the whole dozen. Funny, I have trouble desheeling eggs sometimes but never deshelling pistachios. Weird, huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

I have RI Red laying hens. I've never had chickens before. It's amazing how much I've learned about chickens since getting the hens. I didn't realize that so many people had hens in Boston and the city just released guidelines for where hens are permitted and the number that you can have in your flock. I like eggs over hard cause I'm not a fan of oozing yokes but I respect those of you who can eat your eggs over easy. I also like hard boiled eggs but some morning it can be a real chore deshelling the whole dozen. Funny, I have trouble desheeling eggs sometimes but never deshelling pistachios. Weird, huh?

I was thinking about eggs the other day. I have a craving for devilled eggs. A nice side dish to have in summer weather.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You gotta be careful with hens and provide proper housing/protection from predators too.  Everyone is getting backyard chickens now in the Denver suburbs and the coyote problems here are causing quite a conflict.  People come out in the morning with their kiddos and grab some eggs as part of a little yuppie fantasy, only to fine the shredded remains of their chickens strewn about the pen.

Make the pens very secure, or its just coyote bait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I was thinking about eggs the other day. I have a craving for devilled eggs. A nice side dish to have in summer weather.

I love those! I can make a decent deviled egg (a bit too much mayo) but my brother and a few friends take it to another level. Great side dish as you said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You gotta be careful with hens and provide proper housing/protection from predators too.  Everyone is getting backyard chickens now in the Denver suburbs and the coyote problems here are causing quite a conflict.  People come out in the morning with their kiddos and grab some eggs as part of a little yuppie fantasy, only to fine the shredded remains of their chickens strewn about the pen.

We have neighbors that are raising geese, they're pretty noisy.

I guess they eating goose eggs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

This is where I live. It's a beautiful place.

The Republic of Panama is the southernmost country of Central America. Situated on the isthmus connecting North and South America, it is bordered by Costa Rica to the west, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The capital is Panama City. On a 2012 poll, it was reported that Panama City was the city with the happiest people in the world.

Explored and settled by the Spanish in the 16th century, Panama broke with Spain in 1821 and joined a union of Nueva GranadaEcuador, and Venezuela, named the Republic of Gran Colombia. When Gran Colombia dissolved in 1831, Panama and Nueva Granada remained joined. Nueva Granada later became the Republic of Colombia. With the backing of the United States, Panama seceded from Colombia in 1903, allowing thePanama Canal to be built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers between 1904 and 1914. In 1977, an agreement was signed for the complete transfer of the Canal from the United States to Panama by the end of the 20th century.

Revenue from canal tolls represents today a significant portion of Panama's GDP. Panama has the third- or fourth-largest economy in Central America and it is also the fastest growing economy and the largest per capita consumer in Central America. In 2010 Panama ranked 4th among Latin American countries in terms of the Human Development Index, and 54th in the world in 2010. As of 2010, Panama is the second most competitive economy in Latin America as well according to the Global Competitiveness Index from the World Economic Forum. Panama's jungle is home to an abundance of tropical plants, animals and birds – some of them to be found nowhere else in the world.

File:Panama Skyline.jpg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You hit it on the head. The whole thing can go really wrong if not done properly.

I bought the hens (5 from Acushnet, Ma and 3 from Whitinsville, Ma) for our family's B&B out on Block Island. We used to have a full farm years ago but had that was when my grandfather was alive. Our place has gotten known for our omelettes over the past few years and there has been a big push everywhere to get back to using local and fresh products so we've been following suit.
    We built the Taj Mahal of coops and they have no natural predators out there. I was concerned about what I'd have to do to continue caring for them at the end of the season but now it appears that I can keep them in my backyard in West Roxbury. I have a fenced in yard and tree cover for their safety and it won't be an eyesore to neighbors. Now if I can just figure out to do with my cows. ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Ronstar8 you live in a great spot! I hope to go there someday. I've been to Ecuador and love Quito but only had a stop over in Panama. Stop overs don't count.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I just go to Stop & Shop and buy eggs. It's much easier. Plus I'm already there buying my Cocoa Pebbles.

Does anyone know what happened to Frankenberry? BooBerry and Count Chocula are only available at Walmart but no Frenkenberry. Whats up with that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I just go to Stop & Shop and buy eggs. It's much easier. Plus I'm already there buying my Cocoa Pebbles.

Does anyone know what happened to Frankenberry? BooBerry and Count Chocula are only available at Walmart but no Frenkenberry. Whats up with that?

Things haven't been the same since the drought 5 years ago in Transylvania. The Frankenberry crops were all but lost and the ones that went to market were so expensive it became cost prohibitive.

General Mills tried to recover by bringing in inferior product from Dingle Ireland to cover for the shortage of Frakenberries. This caused the company millions in lawsuits when the Dingleberry substitution was discovered by consumers and stockholders. Somethings are better left alone and this ugly incident in breakfast cereal history shouldn't be mentioned again. REALLY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Do you guys have apple flavored pop tarts in the states?  I used to love them when I was a kid, but I can't find them in Canada anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

Do you guys have apple flavored pop tarts in the states?  I used to love them when I was a kid, but I can't find them in Canada anymore.

I can't say for sure but I will get back to you....And remember the Blueberry Toasties you could buy at the supermarket..Those were delicious, but once Howard Johnsons went out of business those went by the wayside. I used to eat them frozen. I'm crazy like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is the cereal for the four kids or do you hide them for yourself ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

The Republic of Panama is the southernmost country of Central America. Situated on the isthmus connecting North and South America, it is bordered by Costa Rica to the west, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The capital is Panama City. On a 2012 poll, it was reported that Panama City was the city with the happiest people in the world.

Explored and settled by the Spanish in the 16th century, Panama broke with Spain in 1821 and joined a union of Nueva GranadaEcuador, and Venezuela, named the Republic of Gran Colombia. When Gran Colombia dissolved in 1831, Panama and Nueva Granada remained joined. Nueva Granada later became the Republic of Colombia. With the backing of the United States, Panama seceded from Colombia in 1903, allowing thePanama Canal to be built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers between 1904 and 1914. In 1977, an agreement was signed for the complete transfer of the Canal from the United States to Panama by the end of the 20th century.

Revenue from canal tolls represents today a significant portion of Panama's GDP. Panama has the third- or fourth-largest economy in Central America and it is also the fastest growing economy and the largest per capita consumer in Central America. In 2010 Panama ranked 4th among Latin American countries in terms of the Human Development Index, and 54th in the world in 2010. As of 2010, Panama is the second most competitive economy in Latin America as well according to the Global Competitiveness Index from the World Economic Forum. Panama's jungle is home to an abundance of tropical plants, animals and birds – some of them to be found nowhere else in the world.

Cartel much !  Sealed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Is the cereal for the four kids or do you hide them for yourself ?

We all eat it, I can't deprive my kids of that. It's their world, i just live in it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I wonder what goose eggs taste like?

Someone had a big goose egg for dinner last night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Ronstar8 you live in a great spot! I hope to go there someday. I've been to Ecuador and love Quito but only had a stop over in Panama. Stop overs don't count.

You should absolutely make time to visit. It's an awesome place. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Cartel much !  Sealed

I wouldn't say MUCH!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Are they Canadian geese ? Maybe nickname them dez and chowda.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Vancouver has a bylaw allowing backyard chickens - not any 'yotes in my part of town so we were thinking of getting a couple. The problem is we have tonnes of raccoons in the neighbourhood, and I'm worried about them harrassing the chickens for the eggs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Vancouver has a bylaw allowing backyard chickens - not any 'yotes in my part of town so we were thinking of getting a couple. The problem is we have tonnes of raccoons in the neighbourhood, and I'm worried about them harrassing the chickens for the eggs.

I wonder if they have the geese to protect the chickens from the raccoons?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Hey, this is a nice thread happening here.

Pop Tarts bring back great memories. I used to love the unfrosted ones. I never see any around now. Do they still make them.

Rowdy, you must be kidding me. You love Quito, Ecuador? What can there possibly be in Ecuador? If it's family - I understand. If it's not - something is wrong. Don't they have cartels there?