Location of fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Location of fans

A while back, we had a conversation about where Bruins fans live.  Someone suggested that there are more Bruins fans in Canada than in the USA.

They estimate that there were over a million people at the parade yesterday.

That should put an end to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Location of fans

In Response to Location of fans:
    A while back, we had a conversation about where Bruins fans live.  Someone suggested that there are more Bruins fans in Canada than in the USA. They estimate that there were over a million people at the parade yesterday. That should put an end to that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And how many drove down from Canada?

And how many Bruins fans from Canada didn't drive down?

And how many Bruins fans stayed at home - like me - even tho they lived close enough to go?

And how many REALLY late bandwagon jumpers were there - the type who never saw a game in their lives but decided to celebrate just because?

A million people at a parade proves that:
    there were a million people at the parade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BadHab, you are insiteful as usual. I enjoy your perspectives, and have learned to enjoy NAS with a grain of salt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans:
    In Response to Location of fans : And how many drove down from Canada? And how many Bruins fans from Canada didn't drive down? And how many Bruins fans stayed at home - like me - even tho they lived close enough to go? And how many REALLY late bandwagon jumpers were there - the type who never saw a game in their lives but decided to celebrate just because? A million people at a parade proves that: there were a million people at the parade.
    Posted by BadHabitude

A small amount.
    Most.
    Many.
    Some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm grew in Guildhall Vermont which is near St Johnsbury. My dad was a hockey player from Arlington MA, who played for North Eastern and UVM. I now live and work in Montreal b/c I am a dual citizen due to my Mother being from Montreal

HUGE BRUINS FANS AND I LOVE WEARING MY BRUINS JERSEY AROUND HERE. THANK YOU BRUINS!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

In Response to Location of fans : And how many drove down from Canada? And how many Bruins fans from Canada didn't drive down? And how many Bruins fans stayed at home - like me - even tho they lived close enough to go? And how many REALLY late bandwagon jumpers were there - the type who never saw a game in their lives but decided to celebrate just because? A million people at a parade proves that: there were a million people at the parade.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Bingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is purely opinion accompanied by non-specific descriptors.  This puts an end to nothing, the only way you could find out where Bruins fans live is through surveys or something else that has some statistical validity.  I for one don't care.

n Response to Re: Location of fans:
    In Response to Re: Location of fans : A small amount. Most. Many. Some.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fail Thread!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is purely opinion accompanied by non-specific descriptors.  This puts an end to nothing, the only way you could find out where Bruins fans live is through surveys or something else that has some statistical validity.  I for one don't care. n Response to Re: Location of fans :
    Posted by OatesCam

No.  It's fact.  I counted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Great to see that type of turnout.  I had a Canucks fan say to me, grasping for something, that there were 5 people in the streets in Boston after Game 7.  I hope he see's the coverage of the Parade yesterday. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great to see that type of turnout.  I had a Canucks fan say to me, grasping for something, that there were 5 people in the streets in Boston after Game 7.  I hope he see's the coverage of the Parade yesterday. 
    Posted by scooter244

Yeah, there were five burning cars in Vancouver, but most people were inside...looting stores.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans : Yeah, there were five burning cars in Vancouver, but most people were inside...looting stores.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I saw that.  Made the news here too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

A while back, we had a conversation about where Bruins fans live.  Someone suggested that there are more Bruins fans in Canada than in the USA. They estimate that there were over a million people at the parade yesterday. That should put an end to that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well, as a maritimer I was there with a fellow maritimer and 5 buddies from Ontario flew in.  so if you take that 7 fan count and combine the miles we travelled(1200 kms each way for me). 
    Not sure what the population in Boston is but I would guess 75% were from Mass.  I would say a lot of people from Maine, NY, Conn etc etc would have attended as well.  Pretty significant event on the sports map.
    Why all the hating on your cousins from the North.  I would guess there are more canadian fans on this site that from Boston.  And how about those fans that live in Boston and didnt attend.  Makes my 11 hr drive seem a little more worthy. 
    It was a great day as a bruin fan no matter where you are from.  And I know many that wanted to be there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans : Yeah, there were five burning cars in Vancouver, but most people were inside...looting stores.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

When the Sox beat the Yanks didnt they riot there as well?
    Bad rap on that city for sure.  But those meatheads werent fans anyway. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Posted by scooter244

I think the guy missed a few zeroes at the end.  There were THOUSANDS who took to the streets of Boston to celebrate after Game 7.....mostly in the immediate areas surrounding the Garden and Fenway Park/Kenmore Sq.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans : I think the guy missed a few zeroes at the end.  There were THOUSANDS who took to the streets of Boston to celebrate after Game 7.....mostly in the immediate areas surrounding the Garden and Fenway Park/Kenmore Sq.
    Posted by jalvis

I watched most of the post game show and there was a great deal of live coverage form outside the Garden. I too saw thousands of people who looked to be having a great time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans : When the Sox beat the Yanks didnt they riot there as well? Bad rap on that city for sure.  But those meatheads werent fans anyway. 
    Posted by shuperman

As I recall, there really was no riot.  Just a bunch of drunk fans that "failed to disperse" and a couple garbage can fires.  Then a cop shot a girl from 10 feet away in the face with a pepper ball, and killed her.  Horrible and tragic, but not much of a riot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Location of fans : I think the guy missed a few zeroes at the end.  There were THOUSANDS who took to the streets of Boston to celebrate after Game 7.....mostly in the immediate areas surrounding the Garden and Fenway Park/Kenmore Sq.
    Posted by jalvis

Ya, he was just being an idiot.  I just smiled and said "Really?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I've enjoyed sporting my Lucic jersey in front of the local Penguins fans. Pens fans are a fickle bunch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Troll fail.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Drove 500 miles for it....all the way from MD. Get on my level.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

it would have been a two day trip for me, so I watched it all on NHL network. My sister's crew from Westboro went as a group of 8 plus friends. Great show including Marchand's rap, and Neely's class

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

Grew up in Western Mass. Moved to Florida. NEVER stopped believing in the Bruins. Paid ridiculous money to fly up and take my 79 year old mother to Game 4. Had goosebumps during the National Anthem. Cried when they won the Stanley Cup. Too all the band wagon fans and for those who questioned the Bruins during tough times, I'll say it for all of us who stuck in thru thick and thin. bend over and kiss...............!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

And there were no riots !!!!! Well done !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishJPM11. Show IrishJPM11's posts

I live in South Carolina.  I consider myself a die hard Bs fan.  My buddy (even bigger Bs fan than I) lives close by (in SC) he was a Bruin season ticket holder till the AF moved him away (to Hawaii).  My AF boss is also a Bs fan...but I'd consider him a band wagoner.  I was at the parade with my wife (not a die hard fan but really enjoyed the play-offs) my daughter who really got into the Bs and two nephews who also really got their first taste of hockey.
    In the end...who cares...climb aboard.

Sections
Shortcuts