Lock out will likely make junior tourny boring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Lock out will likely make junior tourny boring

Just about every year this tourny is played, Canada is without it's best players because they are in the nhl.......and no, there is not another country that has as much to lose (not even close). This years version off the junior tourny will likely go down as a slaughter......as long as there is a lockout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Lock out will likely make junior tourny boring

The only thing that keeps this tourny interesting is the exclusion off canada's best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

How good Canada will be will make the tourney super annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Russians were really good in 1980.

USA USA USA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Wasn't that the Olympics NAS?

Edit: Of course it was the olympics, but the NHL players were excluded. Now I see what you meant. Nvm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Edit: Of course it was the olympics, but the NHL players were excluded. Now I see what you meant. Nvm.

Are you going to turn this into something crazy, like suggesting that I believe NHL players shouldn't be in the Olympics?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Pauly1...countin' chickens...

It'll still be good.  What's written on paper doesn't always hold up in play, especially with 18-year old kids in a pressure cooker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

Are you going to turn this into something crazy, like suggesting that I believe NHL players shouldn't be in the Olympics?

Nope!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Slaughter ?  Not too sure, it's in Russia and they'll also have their pre-NHLers along with guys from the KHL.

The last lockout was a slaughter and you can watch it tomorrow night (Wednesday) on TSN.

Very curious to see pre-concussed Bergeron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thx for the heads up Legion. I'll be watcing that again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but the NHL players were excluded"

I think if the cold war wasn't still in existence in 1980 most of the Russian players would have been in the NHL playing succesfully. I also think that if the US and CCCP had played 10 times around that winter the Red Army would have won 9 of the games except for the one that counted.

Love the U20 World Junior Championships always will. Adding to Fletch's point this years tourney is on a bigger sheet of ice over in Europe so that changes game plans. Plus the Russian and Swedish teams will have loaded squads as well, so it will be very fair competition.

Canada hasn't won since 2009 so they could be some angst there with the pressure that is always on the team...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Pauly1...countin' chickens...

It'll still be good.  What's written on paper doesn't always hold up in play, especially with 18-year old kids in a pressure cooker.

Canada often thrives in a pressure cooker!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"but the NHL players were excluded"

I think if the cold war wasn't still in existence in 1980 most of the Russian players would have been in the NHL playing succesfully. I also think that if the US and CCCP had played 10 times around that winter the Red Army would have won 9 of the games except for the one that counted.

Love the U20 World Junior Championships always will. Adding to Fletch's point this years tourney is on a bigger sheet of ice over in Europe so that changes game plans. Plus the Russian and Swedish teams will have loaded squads as well, so it will be very fair competition.

Canada hasn't won since 2009 so they could be some angst there with the pressure that is always on the team...

Your right dog.....canada hasen't won gold in 2 years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

Just about every year this tourny is played, Canada is without it's best players because they are in the nhl.......and no, there is not another country that has as much to lose (not even close). This years version off the junior tourny will likely go down as a slaughter......as long as there is a lockout.

Oh well Pauly, even Nostradamus was wrong once.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Oh well Pauly, even Nostradamus was wrong once.

LOL.....  good one.

pauly is MIA .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm guessing by"slaughter" he meant "not medaling". hello pauly... you out there?  bow down to the champs..... CHUMP!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd say his reputation got slaughtered for this, but it's not like it could get any worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Reputation? Isn't his reputation for  being completely wrong? Seems like he  lived up/down to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Boy, I love it when this happens.  One of my favorite things on this board are when people have old threads pulled up to make them look like complete clowns.  I read every post above over again.  Hilarious.

Time for a new account for pauly...I'm sure it'll be easy to recognize though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Bump. 

What pauly?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Considering one of my new nicknames is pauly1 2.0.........I will translate the meaning behind his posts.

What the real message behind his posting was ........................after the tournament was over Canada would be still considered the #1 hockey nation in North America.

He was just funning with the American contigent from BDC.........regarding all the rest......ummm.......I think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"American contigent from BDC"

You mean the reverse of American hockey fans going to a Canadian media publication to troll ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

• pauly1
    • First: 7/22/2008
    • Last: 2/28/2014

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This is just my post Olympic stop by. After reading on here how the usa hockey team is going to steam roll canada  I just couldn't resist sticking by for a laugh. 

Says the guy who stated "why bother even playing the WJC if NHL players are on strike - just give it to Canada"

And then you never came back to own it.  

Have fun at HF.

I also said more than once that on Paper Canada is the best team, but in a short tourny and a one game elimination that just about any team could win. Why do u keep bringing that up and only tell the part of the story u like? It starts to look a little self serving "and unbelievable". 

Where does it say that.   Troll.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

...the American contigent from BDC.

BDC = BOSTON dot com

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

I also said more than once that on Paper Canada is the best team, but in a short tourny and a one game elimination that just about any team could win. Why do u keep bringing that up and only tell the part of the story u like? It starts to look a little self serving "and unbelievable". 

[/QUOTE]

Where does it say that.   Troll.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't.  He was lying.  He got caught.  He'll disappear.  Chowdah will try to carry his water though, I guess.

• Sections
    Shortcuts