Lockout Over---Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lockout Over---Thoughts

Part of me is happy to have NHL hockey, no matter how many games, and a part of me thinks a 48-50 game season isnt a real season..I guess we'll see where my mindset is a month from now or right after a nice B's- Habs game...

Now here comes the PR onslaught from both sides...We are going to hear alot of "We owed it to the fans to get this deal done" or "we have the greatest fans in the world etc.." It's going to be a week of damage control all the while insulting out intelligence...Just shut up and play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Re: Lockout Over---Thoughts

I just read Fluto's 5 things to know about the agreement and my fist thought is what he!! were they fighting over. The second thought was I guess Mr. Kelley didn't really get us that bad of deal after all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I agree. Just shut up and play ... don't insult our intelligence with PR. I would like to see a very rigorous schedule (lots of games in a short amount of time) so that the Cup champion is the last team standing. Some freebies to fans would be nice too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Agreed, the PR remarks for doing it for the fans will be insulting to any fan who is aware of the CBA negotiations.  It is a business.  The only fear is the wear and tear of a compacted schedule.  Eurpean players like Chara, Bergeron et al will all have physical fatigue before the compacted 50 game schedule.  The GMs will have to be mindful and attempt to build depth in the competitive teams like the Bs while realizing the constraints of future Cap space.  Although it will not be the real regular season, it is hockey.  Time to think of renewel of NHL center ice.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I really think that if the NHL really wants to bring back the "weaker" fans they need to put together a package where the fans get to have their names drawn for a chance to win a free seat. 50% of ther upper bowl seats & 50% off all the concessions across the board for the whole regular season. Also, there should be NO CHARGE for the NHL Center Ice package at all this season. If this CBA was so important to the owners & if the players were so willing to stick to some of their stances, that they were going to wipe the season for it. I think they should be willing to take a major income cut for the season & give it back to the fans. This would show that the fans of the NHL do matter. They're only giving us 50% of the season. So, that's what they should be taking off for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

who was to blame?

I'd be curious to see a play by play recap of this whole thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very good to see them finally settle the lockout.  Just not sure how many back to back games they will have to play.   Which makes it very difficult for both teams, but does favor the team with the most depth at all positions. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

After seeing what happened with the NFL and NBA didnt we all know where this was headed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who was to blame?

I'd be curious to see a play by play recap of this whole thing.

[/QUOTE]

ask Larry Brooks, he's started with two to blame, Jacobs and Burke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The silver lining in all of this is that there will be a lot of games in a short time, easily 3-4 Bruins games a week...Nothing wrong with that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Edmonton goes deep in to the playoffs, boys are all in amazing shape.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

The other good thing about the agreement as it has been announced is that it is reported to be a 10 year deal, which means we can go 10 years before Jeremy Jacobs gets another chance to screw hockey fans again, and he'll probably be gone by then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Part of me is happy to have NHL hockey, no matter how many games, and a part of me thinks a 48-50 game season isnt a real season..I guess we'll see where my mindset is a month from now or right after a nice B's- Habs game...

Now here comes the PR onslaught from both sides...We are going to hear alot of "We owed it to the fans to get this deal done" or "we have the greatest fans in the world etc.." It's going to be a week of damage control all the while insulting out intelligence...Just shut up and play.

[/QUOTE]  Exactly !!  How many times to we have to hear Bettman use the "we have the greatest fans in the world" card ? It is getting old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really think that if the NHL really wants to bring back the "weaker" fans they need to put together a package where the fans get to have their names drawn for a chance to win a free seat. 50% of ther upper bowl seats & 50% off all the concessions across the board for the whole regular season. Also, there should be NO CHARGE for the NHL Center Ice package at all this season. If this CBA was so important to the owners & if the players were so willing to stick to some of their stances, that they were going to wipe the season for it. I think they should be willing to take a major income cut for the season & give it back to the fans. This would show that the fans of the NHL do matter. They're only giving us 50% of the season. So, that's what they should be taking off for us.

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that brother. I am in no way coming back as a fan unless the center ice package is free. I want something in return. Cause Im not paying a dime and could care less right now. It will only push me away further if I am asked to pay to watch hockey the rest of the season. I had thrown in the towel this season, so we'll wait and see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

My main problem with the lockout was not that I was for one side or the other, my problem was with Donald Fehr refusing to start negotiating in 2011 and waiting to start in 2012!  Had negotiations started after the Bruins Cup Celebration, I don't feel that we would have lost half a season.  In the grand scheme of things, we as fans did not lose out on all that much. We still get to see the Bruins make a run at Lord Stanley once again.  If they didn't salvage the season, then my feelings would be a little bit different then they are now.  Looking forward to seeing how Rask does as the number 1, not expecting too much out of Dougie, can't wait for the battles against, the Steve Ott, Patrick Kaleta, John Scott, Cody McCormick led Sabres, is Tyler going to tear it up, ... Glad to be back!