LOL @...us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: LOL @...us

In Response to LOL @...us:
    I say they play the fourth line too much and at the wrong time. You say Seguin needs more time and Thomas needs less. He says Chara stinks. She says Julien is a complete buffoon. They say trade Ryder, Wheeler and Toronto's pick for a PMD. The standings say the Bruins are in third place in the conference, first in the division with games in hand approaching the halfway point of the season.  The B's have 102 goals for (most in the division) and only 77 against (least in the league).  Maybe they're doing a good job and we don't know as much as we think we do?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Spot on Nas.I couldn't possibly know as much as I think I do.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Maybe Thornton's staged fights ARE producing some good results!!  (Sorry NAS, couldn't resist)  Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone else on here!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: LOL @...us:
    Maybe Thornton's staged fights ARE producing some good results!!  (Sorry NAS, couldn't resist)  Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone else on here!
    Posted by hangnail

Same to you Hang.Nice pic from MSG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny when you condense it like that (not inaccurately) it's like Stanley took Ayahuasca and started chanelling imafan.  (Incidentally, anyone else keep seeing imafan crop up in the "most recent post" column, but without actually leaving a post?  Is BDC cleansing?)

Fourth line with at least one goal in what, 8 of the last 10?  Vs. Seguin's 2 assists playing with more offensively talented players and with roughly equal ice time?

Chara's sixth among defensemen in +/-, third in Shots, third in TOI (for that team with the fewest goals against).  ('yeah, but he doesn't hit') He's also top 20 in hits.

Julien doesn't do any of the things we think a good coach should do like bench guys for underperforming, reward a guy like Marchand with an offensive role, he only rolls lines and plays a goalie rotation instead of riding the hot hand.

Ryder and Wheeler, with Krejci and Bergeron, have been the most productive players on the team over the last couple of weeks.  Dump them.

Still...that lofty 3rd and 1st in the Division is precarious when their point total is only 7th in the conference. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Yes NAS i will agree with you that the Bruins are getting some breaks with the NE teams being inconsistent. The other points you mention i will agree 100%. I been guilty of trade rumours, upset with the bruins performance and etc.. If the Bruins can get their old name back Big Bad Bruins instead of the Puck Performing Pansies I will be very content this new year. Have good prosperous 2011 all you posters.Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thank you NAS.....this forum is crazy with ideas with the Bruins having the record that they have....just wait and see what this forum will look like if the Bruins go in the tank for 2 or 3 games !!!!   Happy New Year and hope they string a bunch of wins together !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Lot of crappy posting going on around here recently ( some from posters that I thought had more smarts ). At least when Julien and Chiarelli get fired there should be no shortage of resumes forwarded to the Bruins office.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Whatever your opinions I wish all a properous and happy New Yeae. Drive safely and open up 2011  with your best and intriguing comments, not negatives, just informative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I do agree with NAS about the critiquing of this team. They are doing pretty good, but this team doesn't scare anyone. I don't see them in the same class as Pittsburgh or Philly. I do not see the edge they have over either of these teams, and therefore do not see them getting into the Finals. They need an impact player, one that Horton has clearly shown not to be. 

I've posted my preference for players to go after. Mostly it is met with indifference. So then, I put it to you, is this team good enough to make it to the finals, and if not, what do we need? 

It appears that there are some of these types that MIGHT be available, as they will be FA. Such as Brad Richards (my choice) Shea Webber, and possibly Iginla if Calgary decides to do what needs to be done and clean house. Others might be Alfredson, Kaberle (not proven but a useful piece) etc....

I just don't see this team as a Cup contender. Anything else is not acceptable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Go to fullsize image We should all stop when this has a real chance of ending up in Boston. I guess that's about as negative as you can get around here -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

We should all stop when this has a real chance of ending up in Boston. I guess that's about as negative as you can get around here -
    Posted by JWensink

Ultimately I think this is the truth.

Now, to be fair, NAS makes an excellent point: we all do a LOT of griping about a team that right now is sitting in a pretty nice spot w/games in hand and the stats do say they're bpth scoring and keeping the puck out of their own net.

But does anyone here (StanleyCupToTheBruins excepted) TRULY and HONESTLY believe that THIS Bruins team is going to hoist the Cup in 2011?

It's just a fact that there are quite a few teams that are flat out better than the B's, and it would take numerous strokes of luck to get by them.

The "fire PC/CJ" complaint threads are probably less warranted than we like to think...but is this Bruins team better than Pittsburgh? The Caps? The Flyers? Detroit? And are we a lock to beat teams like Tampa/Atlanta/ or even the NY Rangers in the playoffs?

I think we know deep down this team isn;t Stabley Cup caliber and that's driving a lot of the frustration that's expressed instead in side issues like how much playing time Seguin gets or whether TT needs more time off.

Happy New Year to all, and let it be known, I'm still going to cheer like crazy for a B's Stanley Cup victory in 2011.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: LOL @...us : Ultimately I think this is the truth. Now, to be fair, NAS makes an excellent point: we all do a LOT of griping about a team that right now is sitting in a pretty nice spot w/games in hand and the stats do say they're bpth scoring and keeping the puck out of their own net. But does anyone here (StanleyCupToTheBruins excepted) TRULY and HONESTLY believe that THIS Bruins team is going to hoist the Cup in 2011? It's just a fact that there are quite a few teams that are flat out better than the B's, and it would take numerous strokes of luck to get by them. The "fire PC/CJ" complaint threads are probably less warranted than we like to think...but is this Bruins team better than Pittsburgh? The Caps? The Flyers? Detroit? And are we a lock to beat teams like Tampa/Atlanta/ or even the NY Rangers in the playoffs? I think we know deep down this team isn;t Stabley Cup caliber and that's driving a lot of the frustration that's expressed instead in side issues like how much playing time Seguin gets or whether TT needs more time off. Happy New Year to all, and let it be known, I'm still going to cheer like crazy for a B's Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

We shall be cheering together TTBI regardless of our differences.Happy New year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If seedings were done the right way the Bruins would be 3 points ahead of 8th place Montreal so don't kid yourself. Why did it take a talking to by Chiarelli and Neely for Julien to get his head out of his bee hind ? Cause Claude is still is trying to figure out why he why he got fired by Lou. He should be getting more out of certain players that's a fact.

The Bruins are three loses in a row away from being in ninth place that's realistic not pessimistic. Maybe they are doing a good job but maybe just maybe Chiarelli, Neely, Julien, Ryder, Wheeler, Horton, Chara and Bergeron should have this team up around 52 points well clear of Montreal as I want more cause I say there is enough talent on this team to be more than just good! So I pick at where it is needed..

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten!!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

It's natural to expect more as you get more.  I think that's healthy.  I would hate for the team to be satisfied with this. 
    That said, this does not appear to me to me a cup winning team.  Last night is a good example. They had a rare game where they controlled play and had many offensive chances, but couldn't score.  That happens.  The problem is they don't have enough of those games, instead relying on garbage goals and strong defence.  This will keep them competitive, but will need some serious stars to align to win the cup.  I want more.  
    Happy New Year to everyone.  Be safe and be good to each other.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to LOL @...us:
    I say they play the fourth line too much and at the wrong time. You say Seguin needs more time and Thomas needs less. He says Chara stinks. She says Julien is a complete buffoon. They say trade Ryder, Wheeler and Toronto's pick for a PMD. The standings say the Bruins are in third place in the conference, first in the division with games in hand approaching the halfway point of the season.  The B's have 102 goals for (most in the division) and only 77 against (least in the league).  Maybe they're doing a good job and we don't know as much as we think we do?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

:)

correct sir.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

If seedings were done the right way the Bruins would be 3 points ahead of 8th place Montreal so don't kid yourself. Why did it take a talking to by Chiarelli and Neely for Julien to get his head out of his bee hind ? Cause Claude is still is trying to figure out why he why he got fired by Lou. He should be getting more out of certain players that's a fact. The Bruins are three loses in a row away from being in ninth place that's realistic not pessimistic. Maybe they are doing a good job but maybe just maybe Chiarelli, Neely, Julien, Ryder, Wheeler, Horton, Chara and Bergeron should have this team up around 52 points well clear of Montreal as I want more cause I say there is enough talent on this team to be more than just good ! So I pick at where it is needed.. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten!!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

But if you continue to fish with the wrong fly, eventually it becomes the right one!

A toast to all of you BRUINS fans, far and wide. Health, Happiness, Peace and Prosperity for the New Year!

and remember..."follow me men and you'll be wearing radishes the size of diamonds!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Will someone please crash the kaberle bus?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Is E1 here kissing NAS's azz lol..The Bs are where they are on outstanding goaltending by TT. Have you checked lets see ? the 1st 18 ganes average of gf/ga etc compared to the last 18 games ? We all know that where you are in the standings, means nothing when it comes to playoffs. Is this team in front of the goaltending consistent ? NO,Do your homework is this team better now? was lucic once on pace for 40 to 50 goals >? as was horton ? that was when ? the 1st 18 games  lol
    Just my opinion but nice post NAS, the 2011 season begins tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is E1 here kissing NAS's azz lol..The Bs are where they are on outstanding goaltending by TT. Have you checked lets see ? the 1st 18 ganes average of gf/ga etc compared to the last 18 games ? We all know that where you are in the standings, means nothing when it comes to playoffs. Is this team in front of the goaltending consistent ? NO,Do your homework is this team better now? was lucic once on pace for 40 to 50 goals />? as was horton ? that was when ? the 1st 18 games  lol Just my opinion but nice post NAS, the 2011 season begins tomorrow.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Winning games with strong goaltending is okay.  Losing games with weak goaltending is not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: LOL @...us : Winning games with strong goaltending is okay.  Losing games with weak goaltending is not.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

nas, can i agree with this post even if i don't have 100 posts or should i wait a couple of weeks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amen NAS, it's the truth.

Further, I think the chief complaint about Julien was that he fails to make adjustments and is easy to scout against.

In the past couple of weeks he has changed the forward lines and defensive pairings.  He has changed both the positioning and the personnel of the powerplay units.  He has allowed guys like Kampfer to carry the puck and be creative.  In short, we have adjustments.

I think the only two legitimate gripes with Julien at this point are maybe Seguin's stagnation as a rookie, and the departure from the goalie 'tandem' too early in the season.  Both are debatable complaints at best.  Rask starts tonight...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Here we are in the New Year, and the doors are open for compla..oops only constructive commentary allowed. Claude is Claude and will never change. His comment that he asked Timmy is he was OK to go on their day off. What did he exoect Timmy to say?? no,no, play Tuuka" The DECISION is made by the coach, and CLaude makes poor decisions. Right now Savvy is slow to being the SAVVY we nall know and admire; Horton seemed to be involved, just unlucky, in Atlanta. Kreji's line is OK, hopefully [ I'm not sold] they will blossom; If Claude, PC, and CAM do not find some resolution for REX, the Bergeron line will continue to operate at 2/3 rds; Last, but not least, please find a seat for Thornton. On defense, Boychuck's play is not helpful, so he would head up my trade list.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Here we are in the New Year, and the doors are open for compla..oops only constructive commentary allowed. Claude is Claude and will never change. His comment that he asked Timmy is he was OK to go on their day off. What did he exoect Timmy to say?? no,no, play Tuuka" The DECISION is made by the coach, and CLaude makes poor decisions. Right now Savvy is slow to being the SAVVY we nall know and admire; Horton seemed to be involved, just unlucky, in Atlanta. Kreji's line is OK, hopefully [ I'm not sold] they will blossom; If Claude, PC, and CAM do not find some resolution for REX, the Bergeron line will continue to operate at 2/3 rds; Last, but not least, please find a seat for Thornton. On defense, Boychuck's play is not helpful, so he would head up my trade list.
    Posted by bogie6

Yay another Claude post from Bogie . Just took over the scoring lead from Wensink ! Constructive commentary comes from those that don't wear blinders or keeps repeating the ideas of others.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

I agree with NAS...this team is in a good place.  I think the thing they need most right now is consistency.  The only time I want to throw things at the TV is when they come out flat and just stand around.  If they can come out, skate hard and take the body the way they know they can then I think they'll be the team to beat.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: LOL @...us : Yay another Claude post from Bogie . Just took over the scoring lead from Wensink ! Constructive commentary comes from those that don't wear blinders or keeps repeating the ideas of others.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Absoolutely right Chowda.It's like there's a bunch of parrots loose on the keyboards.Win or lose it's "fire Julien".

Sections
Shortcuts