LOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

LOL

I've never seen these boards more negative than they are right now,and It makes me want to vomit.

Here we have a team that is 2 points down with two games in hand for first in the division; has the best goalie in the NHL, has no concerns about aging veterans, has no major injuries, has no cap concerns, and (not to mention) IS SCORING GOALS! Remember all that off-season talk about if we could only score goals? Now we are 12th in the NHL instead of dead-last
    , 1st in goals against, and people are calling for Julien's head, bergeron to be traded...

It's an embarrassment to see how Neurotic Bruins fans can be, you all need to f-ing chill. Spoiled little new england fans, why don't you go watch the red-sox buy their way to a championship, or watch the corrupt and imbalanced NBA teams "compete" for a title. 

It's one thing to like winning, but it's another to have a standard that is so high that success is only defined by perfection.

By the way we are third this week in TSN power rankings.  http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

AHHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING:?!?!?! HOW WILL WE EVER RECOVER?!??!

"Just for some historical perspective, Tim Thomas has a 1.51 goals against average and .954 save percentage so far this season. The best GAA of the modern era was Miikka Kiprusoff's 1.70 in 2003-2004 and the best save percentage of the modern era was Dominik Hasek's .937 in 1998-1999. "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: LOL

Yes, I wrote a similar post on a different thread yesterday.  There is nothing wrong with having concerns about this or that, but if you think what you're seeing right now from the Bruins is below your personal standards, trying rooting for a different team...you'll be back.  These are the good times.  Enjoy it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

OC - Negative???? Nooooo.
    Okay, maybe just a bit.
    lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

There's always something to complain about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I made a point on a different post, even with all the complaints about how claude stiffels the offense, the bruins are a +25, good for 3rd in the NHL... The offense is mediocre, the defense is incredible.. 4 years ago we were near dead last in the league, now there is serious cup contention, I know its been a while, but you have to give some patience on things.. Unluckily, the team was never awful enough to stack up #1 pick after #1 pick like pitts, chicago, wash, etc.. but things are getting done..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Problem is everyone now wants every Boston team to be like patriots and be a championship caliber team every year. And some of these "Bruins fans" dont know what its like to have bad teams or bad coaches.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

so goes life . 
    The best thread in a while is the one on McKelvie. 
    So we got Bergy on D and now maybe playing the wing. 
    Do you think he can play in goal ?

p.s. no disrespect to the Bergy threads just poking fun. I'm bored.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Why complain nobody's listening anyhow. Bruins could be in worse predictiments.

"We could think of lot more places to be; like down in a sewer or at the end of a skewer
    " The Stranglers English punk band from the song Peaches 1978 
    dern dern dern da den den dant dant dern dern" hum alond with the Stranglers"Laughing LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Alot of the negativity vcan just attributed to some of the people on this board. It's just how they are in all areas of their life, I'm sure.

There is also alot of intolerance for other people's opinions. You get slammed for disagreeing with certain posters. And if there are 2 things I hate, they are:
    1. People intolerant of other opinions
    2. Anyone who disagrees with me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The negativity on these boards is vomit inducing. You would think the Bs are at the bottom of the division and traded away last years lottery pick along with a 2nd rounder and this years lottery pick like some team that traded for a 1 zone winger.

Might be the general hate of Jacobs, Sinden and O'Connell (Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejic were great picks btw) that is still around. Or my personal view that Boston sports fans have been spoiled for the past couple of years and want to see a team that scores highlight goals and plays 5-4 loss with lots of fights vs. a 2-1 loss with no stupid penalties.

The team is doing well with CJ and Chia has solved the cap problems without shedding anything that harms the team. All in all, I'm happy with the way everything is playing out this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: LOL:
    [QUOTE]I made a point on a different post, even with all the complaints about how claude stiffels the offense, the bruins are a +25, good for 3rd in the NHL... The offense is mediocre, the defense is incredible.. 4 years ago we were near dead last in the league, now there is serious cup contention, I know its been a while, but you have to give some patience on things.. Unluckily, the team was never awful enough to stack up #1 pick after #1 pick like pitts, chicago, wash, etc.. but things are getting done..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

This is what drives us "complainers" crazy. 4 years your right, the bruins were last. 2 years ago they had the best offense in the league. With the same core group of guys.

How does it not frustrate you guys to to see a team not living nearly close to  its potential? Bergeron on pace for 14 goals? thats laughable at 4.75 mil a year...

2 years ago our PP% was over 22% on the year... i cant remember the last pp goal we scored.

Chara, krejci, savvy, berg, lucic, ryder, wheeler, ference, recchi, stuart, thornton... as for the BIg money names, not much has changed from then till now. so why the under production?

Before you guys complain about the complainers... watch the bruins. cause they arent the team, right now, we have been expecting. esp for the last 4 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

And believe, me... when i type these posts, the way im speaking it isnt the "whining little voice" that probably pops into your heads when your reading it.  Its hard to ask questions, or even make an observation anywhere on these boards with out it coming across as a complaint. read it with an open mind.

Ive never been angry or thought i was complaining, just trying to provoke more thought.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

It comes down to this, you will post this and everyone will agree, then everyone will resume complaining or saying how awful and doomed they are. I know it's frustrating - you just need to shake your head at them and continue being happy; let them be miserable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : This is what drives us "complainers" crazy. 4 years your right, the bruins were last. 2 years ago they had the best offense in the league. With the same core group of guys. How does it not frustrate you guys to to see a team not living nearly close to  its potential? Bergeron on pace for 14 goals? thats laughable at 4.75 mil a year... 2 years ago our PP% was over 22% on the year... i cant remember the last pp goal we scored. Chara, krejci, savvy, berg, lucic, ryder, wheeler, ference, recchi, stuart, thornton... as for the BIg money names, not much has changed from then till now. so why the under production? Before you guys complain about the complainers... watch the bruins. cause they arent the team, right now, we have been expecting. esp for the last 4 years.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the point in trying to make yourself out as the martyr here.  Four years ago we were all complaining, because the team stunk.  This is NOT the same core as then, not even close.  This year they are 16-8 so far, so complaining doesn't make much sense, unless you have such a massive ego that you think a team that wins twice as much as it loses is beneath your standards. 

Everyone who has watched this team knows that Marc Savard was the key to the powerplay two years ago.  Since he just came back, why don't you just give them a chance to get it going again?

Sure there are flaws and things to be concerned about still, but most people who complain about a 16-8 team are just looking for attention.  It's hard to be perfect in the NHL.  To demand perfection from an NHL team says more about you than it does about them... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Im not concerned about too many things. I think we all just want* answers as to why certain seasons go in certain directions. If claude could explain why he does certain things, would clear up alot of things. Darn it, we want answers. haha/

Oh, and feel free to elaborate how the team from 2008-09 had different core players than this years team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

My only downfall with Claude, is the look of the team lacking emotion.. The result on the ice looks good, but where is the team toughness, chara and lucic have come away from their physical play

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Im not concerned about too many things. I think we all just want* answers as to why certain seasons go in certain directions. If claude could explain why he does certain things, would clear up alot of things. Darn it, we want answers. haha/ Oh, and feel free to elaborate how the team from 2008-09 had different core players than this years team.

Did I read it wrong, or did you say four years ago this team had the same core?

No Horton, no Krejci, no Lucic, no Rask, no Boychuk, no Seidenberg, no Ryder, no Wheeler, ...to name a few...different coach, different GM...

The 2009 team had mostly the same core as this team -- that's why they are both good! 

Do you think this team is worse than the 2009 team?  I think they are probably better.  Don't let that get in the way of the doom and gloom though...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Im not concerned about too many things. I think we all just want* answers as to why certain seasons go in certain directions. If claude could explain why he does certain things, would clear up alot of things. Darn it, we want answers. haha/ Oh, and feel free to elaborate how the team from 2008-09 had different core players than this years team.
    Are you asking about 08-09 or 4 years ago(07-08)because this Bruins team features only 5 forwards and 3 D-men from that season.The goalies were both there(along with Fernandez).Sure Chara,Ference,Savard,Bergeron and Thornton were there but Krejci,Lucic and Stuart were only shadows  of the players they are now.I won't argue that the names of the core players aren't the same but the players,themselves,are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

This is what drives us "complainers" crazy. 4 years your right, the bruins were last. 2 years ago they had the best offense in the league. With the same core group of guys.

2010-2011

2009-2010

2008-2009

Two years ago.
     Krejci had a 73 point season.... Blake wheeler was a plus 36... Lucic had more points than bergeron and barely played more games... We knew what these players were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch

4 years ago this was a similar core,

lucic, krejci were rookies..

bergeron was on the team, chara, thomas, savard..

thats the core, horton is probably a top scorer, but he is not part of the core at this point..

But I agree with Dez, Shep is discounting player development entirely, (and his post resemblies the conversation on 985 right now) if thats where his info is from, someone should let him know how little they know/ and talk hockey...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Im in Northern maine... No talk radio up here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

whoa whao whoa whoa....

Complications in the strings between the cans.

let me clarify.

Two years ago, they have the same core as they do now, not from 4 years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]whoa whao whoa whoa.... Complications in the strings between the cans. let me clarify. Two years ago, they have the same core as they do now, not from 4 years ago.
    That's why I was asking my fellow Bruins fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

OC- I also see the negativity on the board, and I have a couple of observations to share:

1) Many of the negative posts come from trolls looking to stir the pot.

2) Several of the critical posts are regarding particular issues; Cap Management, Coaching, Personnel seem to take up the lion-share.  For these posts, my observation is that are both promoters and detractors, so ultimately opinions are mixed.

3) Many of these topics are repetitive, have been debated for months/years.

4) B's fans are passionate and want a Cup, not just a good team.  When I was in college in the early 90's, one of my floormates/RA was a die-hard Habs fan from Mtl.  We always had a good back-and-forth going, but ultimately he used to measure the Habs success based on Cups.  Win a Cup = success, don't win a Cup = failure.  I think B's fans are tired of moral victories, like; we got the better of that trade, or we are in a spot for home ice in the 1st round, or we have made to the 2nd round in back-to-back years.  I, and I think others, want a Cup!  For better or worse, those are my expectations and the lens I use to evaluate the team.  In my mind, it's passion for this team.  I follow the Pats, Sox and Celts, but the B's are my passion.  I read posts and make my comments, observations on the this board, nowhere else. 

Bruins Fever- I have it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch 4 years ago this was a similar core, lucic, krejci were rookies.. bergeron was on the team, chara, thomas, savard.. thats the core, horton is probably a top scorer, but he is not part of the core at this point.. But I agree with Dez, Shep is discounting player development entirely, (and his post resemblies the conversation on 985 right now) if thats where his info is from, someone should let him know how little they know/ and talk hockey...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

4 years ago, Krejci played in Providence and Lucic was still playing juniors in the WHL (the current #1 line of Lucic-Krejci-Horton was completely non-existent from that team).

Glen Murray and Brad Boyes were top 6 forwards and Paul Mara was the #2 defensemen.  Hannu Toivenen split time with Tim Thomas in net.

Dave Lewis was the coach and the team went 35-41-0-6.

That team has very, very little in common with this year's team.