LOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: LOL

OK.  Let me try again.  I'll try to make everyone happy.

Julien is the perhaps the greatest coach to have ever lived.  He is awesome beyond compare, but it seems he may have a flaw.

The Bruins efforts are stellar every single game and this might be the greatest team in history, but there may be a flaw in their period to period effort.

The emotional level of the Bruins is the greatest of any sports team ever in recorded history, fans can just feel that emotion and that 'hate to lose' attitude in every game, but there might be a flaw in that.

Michael Ryder is probably better than Orr and Gret combined, but there might be a flaw in his game.

despite my best efforts, I fear I just might have made everyone unhappy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Got no problem with critical observation. Can't stand the whining and troll-ism. But it's easy to differentiate between the two, so I can still come here and enjoy what a bunch of you have to say. There is a huge difference between what NaS might say and what our best known troll RMiller has/had to say, even though they could both fall into the "criticism" category.  I think criticism of effort is warranted at points. If you percieve someone not giving a full effort this is the exact forum to voice your fan-ly concerns...but if you come here crying about Chara, Ference, Wheeler, et. al and how they don't deserve to play for "your" team, realize they have more skill and drive in their clipped toenails than you probably have in your entire existence. I'm a Bruin's fan and I'll laugh, cry, swear, complain, rejoice, and continue to be slowly driven insane by this team, but at the end of the day it is just a release from the realities, horrors, and drudgery of daily life. If/when Wheeler turns the puck over at the offensive blue line or Ference gets beat in the corner, I'll somehow still be able to sleep that night. I want the B's to win the Cup very badly, but I'm here amongst the fandom for the duration...regardless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: LOL:
    [QUOTE]Lets take a deeper look at some of the things that are concerning me along with the lack of compete.  Chara in his Norris year they kept his ice time around 24 minutes to keep him playing well, this year he is playing around 27 minutes.  Tim Thomas is on pace to play 59 games this year, only one goalie who played that many games made it out of the first round last season and Thomas has a history of tiring and have bad games when played this much.  Rask an almost identical save percentage as last season which gave him a dominanat winning record this year he is 2-6-1-1.  Our record has been produced by over playing our top players at a rate that is going to leave them too tired to produce in the playoffs.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    That's interesting because so many on here complain that the top guys aren't being played enough and the 4th line too much.Obviously tricky to get a balance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]OK.  Let me try again.  I'll try to make everyone happy. Julien is the perhaps the greatest coach to have ever lived.  He is awesome beyond compare, but it seems he may have a flaw. The Bruins efforts are stellar every single game and this might be the greatest team in history, but there may be a flaw in their period to period effort. The emotional level of the Bruins is the greatest of any sports team ever in recorded history, fans can just feel that emotion and that 'hate to lose' attitude in every game, but there might be a flaw in that. Michael Ryder is probably better than Orr and Gret combined, but there might be a flaw in his game. despite my best efforts, I fear I just might have made everyone unhappy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying any of those things bad hab. I am just refusing to play chicken little every time the bruins lose a game early in the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Interesting thread, thanks for getting it kicked off OC.

I can only speak for myself but here are the types of criticism/whineing that I find both irritating and illogical:

1. The self indulgent, narcissistic rant.  The Bruins aren't playing up to MY standards.  I would have fought that guy.  I demand more from this team, I deserve a Cup, etc. etc. etc.  It ain't about you.  

2. Trashing the best players.  It isn't that the best players are above criticism, they aren't, but as soon as I read the posts for getting rid of Chara or Thomas (because they s#ck...?) I stop reading.

3. The unrealistic desire for the Bruins to beat everyone up and intimidate every team.  In every level of hockey, players on every team get hit and lose fights sometimes.  The Oshie hit on Krejci was a good example -- it happens.  There is no reason to demand vengence or call for the team to attack Oshie.  Everyone gets hit in hockey, it's part of the game.  Don't go crazy, just hit people back.  Everyone wants the Bruins to play tough, but there are 29 other teams that don't want to be pushed around either.  Just try to win more physical battles than you lose and stick up for each other, and I'll be happy.

4.  The blatant overreaction.  This one is self explanatory.  Calling for Julien and Chiarelli to be fired after every 3-2 loss.

5.  Trolls and quasi-trolls.  The clowns that grasp for attention by sticking a finger in the eyes of the honest Bruins fans here, just to get a response.  And I am one who has been guilty of feeding them in the past.

I'm sure I been guilty of some of these too, but these are the posts that drive me nuts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Fletch - Nicely stated.
    This is the best thread I've seen on here in a while!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i do enjoy most of the posts when they stick to hockey and avoid confrontation with other posters perceptions. I'm sure all of us would like to see a more consistent team effort. However we are not being patient enough to let Savard return to his normal game. Nor are we patient when Claude sticks with his tried and [ sometimes] true game plan or rolling 4 lines. We all see Wheeler trying to play a more complete game, but he's just not there yet, and we complain. We see Recchi busting his aging body without very much success, and we complain. I guess I could continue, but IMO Peter has been evolving a better team each year. There have been some mistakes,particularly early on, which complicated the evolution, but, looking at today's team and the pipeline, Peter is way ahead in his efforts at improving the team we all love to watch. My wife is astonished if I am not yelling and complaining during the game and usually tells me that Claude cannot hear me from my Virginia retirement home. So, I hope all of you continue to post and critique with a passion, and when at the TD Garden join others so Claude knows you are there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]i do enjoy most of the posts when they stick to hockey and avoid confrontation with other posters perceptions. I'm sure all of us would like to see a more consistent team effort. However we are not being patient enough to let Savard return to his normal game. Nor are we patient when Claude sticks with his tried and [ sometimes] true game plan or rolling 4 lines. We all see Wheeler trying to play a more complete game, but he's just not there yet, and we complain. We see Recchi busting his aging body without very much success, and we complain. I guess I could continue, but IMO Peter has been evolving a better team each year. There have been some mistakes,particularly early on, which complicated the evolution, but, looking at today's team and the pipeline, Peter is way ahead in his efforts at improving the team we all love to watch. My wife is astonished if I am not yelling and complaining during the game and usually tells me that Claude cannot hear me from my Virginia retirement home. So, I hope all of you continue to post and critique with a passion, and when at the TD Garden join others so Claude knows you are there.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

I think you are dead on, but I disagree on only one issue.  Claude.  The team has evolved, you are absolutely correct, but the problem is that Claude hasn't evolved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]How are Bruins fans "spoiled", as has been mentioned in one of these "quit complaining" posts? Red Sox fans, since 2004--sure. Pats fans? No doubt. Celtics fans--obviously. But how is it fair to take the frustrations of loyal Bruins fans--many who have been watching and waiting and hoping since the Orr years--for ONE stinking Stanley Cup, and call them "spoiled" or "whiners"? If 1972 is ancient history for you--how about the fact that the team hasn't advanced beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs even once in the past 18 years???? Look--lest I get heaped with abuse yet again for demanding more from the ONLY Boston-based franchise that's gone nearly 4 decades now without a title--let me say that i HAVE been encouraged since the PC era began that this team is moving in the right direction. There's a good corps of young players and some veteran signings I really like (Savard). But it is completely fair for Bruins fans to criticize, scrutinize, and yes, even COMPLAIN about any perceived flaws they see BECAUSE of the very fact that there has been such a long and pronounced title drought COMBINED WITH an extremely pathetic almost 20-year span of playoff futility mixed in with a far-too-glaring amount of DNQ's. I will keep cheering on this team--watching virtually every game as I always do--but I will NOT be bullied into keeping quiet when I see problems* with a team I have a right to expect more from. *And there are some, whether you want to admit it or not: A lack of offensive production from the current blue line corps, too much reliance on stellar goaltending to win games (which will not work in the long run over a grueling 82-game season and an even more punishing playoffs), a bewildering reluctance to allow more ice time for Seguin, not to mention pairing him w/better linemates, which points to a coaching critique that's not out of line, and the need for at least one more serious ofensive sniper/scoring threat to compete w/the higher-powered offensive teams in the conference. There's a difference between whining and voicing legitimate concerns and hopes, and yes, expecting more from a franchise that--it is impossible to argue--has not delivered what it should to its very loyal fans.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    I believe only 10 teams have won in last 20 years so Boston isn't the only struggling franchise(very few of the "glaring DNQ's).The Habs(hockeys greatest franchise-I hate saying that)haven't won since 92-93 and weren't really close during that time frame but their fans assume victory every year rather than failure.Your issue with Seguin not playing with talented players makes little sense(Savard-Ryder,Bergeron-Recchi before that).Everyone would like another 30 goal scorer and top 3 D-man.There isn't a GM in the league that would say he's 100% satisfied with his lineup.One of the other posters commented on a Randy Jones interview in which he stated basically that Boston had it all and was built for a play-off run.He could've talked about any other team but mentioned Boston's tools specifically.I'll assume one of Boston's enemies knows exactly what he's up against.sometimes it's just harder for us to see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Interesting thread, thanks for getting it kicked off OC. I can only speak for myself but here are the types of criticism/whineing that I find both irritating and illogical: 1. The self indulgent, narcissistic rant.  The Bruins aren't playing up to MY standards.  I would have fought that guy.  I demand more from this team, I deserve a Cup, etc. etc. etc.  It ain't about you.   2. Trashing the best players.  It isn't that the best players are above criticism, they aren't, but as soon as I read the posts for getting rid of Chara or Thomas (because they s#ck...?) I stop reading. 3. The unrealistic desire for the Bruins to beat everyone up and intimidate every team.  In every level of hockey, players on every team get hit and lose fights sometimes.  The Oshie hit on Krejci was a good example -- it happens.  There is no reason to demand vengence or call for the team to attack Oshie.  Everyone gets hit in hockey, it's part of the game.  Don't go crazy, just hit people back.  Everyone wants the Bruins to play tough, but there are 29 other teams that don't want to be pushed around either.  Just try to win more physical battles than you lose and stick up for each other, and I'll be happy. 4.  The blatant overreaction.  This one is self explanatory.  Calling for Julien and Chiarelli to be fired after every 3-2 loss. 5.  Trolls and quasi-trolls.  The clowns that grasp for attention by sticking a finger in the eyes of the honest Bruins fans here, just to get a response.  And I am one who has been guilty of feeding them in the past. I'm sure I been guilty of some of these too, but these are the posts that drive me nuts...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

A post like this is one that everyone should read. 5 star post again !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

im a realist. tell me if im wrong .  why would paille start tonight over seguin???
    who agrees with this ?  is this negative ?
    i have returned posting because seems like u need 100 plus posts to be taken serious.
    bruins with paille = loss
    poor savard .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]im a realist. tell me if im wrong .  why would paille start tonight over seguin??? who agrees with this ?  is this negative ? i have returned posting because seems like u need 100 plus posts to be taken serious. bruins with paille = loss poor savard .
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

Congrats on hitting 100 posts! lol

No, it's not negative to be critical of the decision to scratch Seguin form the line up.

I stated my reasoning why I think CJ did so on another thread so I'm not going to repeat the whole thing here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I believe only 10 teams have won in last 20 years so Boston isn't the only struggling franchise(very few of the "glaring DNQ's).The Habs(hockeys greatest franchise-I hate saying that)haven't won since 92-93 and weren't really close during that time frame but their fans assume victory every year rather than failure.Your issue with Seguin not playing with talented players makes little sense(Savard-Ryder,Bergeron-Recchi before that).Everyone would like another 30 goal scorer and top 3 D-man.There isn't a GM in the league that would say he's 100% satisfied with his lineup.One of the other posters commented on a Randy Jones interview in which he stated basically that Boston had it all and was built for a play-off run.He could've talked about any other team but mentioned Boston's tools specifically.I'll assume one of Boston's enemies knows exactly what he's up against.sometimes it's just harder for us to see.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

See, for one thing, i don't listen to any complaints from Habs fans about "not winning since '93" for the same reason I won't listen to Yankees fans whining about not getting title #28, or the Celtics failing to beat the lakers every time they face them...those are franchises that have simply given their fans plenty over the course of time. The Bruins don't even come close. 38 years and counting and not very many Cups before then for a team that's an Original 6. (Fans who saw them win in 1970 had quite a drought in between as well, but we've already outlasted that futility streak).

Also: Forgive me if I don't consider Randy Jones the ultimate hockey genius. I would say it's also not incoceivable that his comments are at least partly motivated out of guilt from nearly killing Bergeron a few years ago. Even if that's a stretch, I still take issue with the Bruins being the team "best built for the playoffs." Yes, they're strong down the middle. I like a lot of what the team has (as I've stated), but I still feel they're relying too much to win games based on TT standing on his head, and that's a recipe for failure in the long run--you can only go to that well so many times in today's NHL.

Regarding Seguin, perhaps I should have clarified that what bothers me is a combination of his limited ice time (is he really a healthy scratch for tonite?) as well as a desire to see him play more considtently w/the likes of Savard. (I still long for a Seguin-Savvy-Bergy line, but doubt it'll happen.)

It's probably a matter of perception between what constitutes  a whiner and a legit critique, but I just feel that bruins fans should be given more leeway than fans of other franchises that have won either a LOT (Habs, Celts, Pats, Yanks, Lakers, etc.) or recently (If you're a fan of TB Lightning, for example, you should be thankful you got  the Stanley Cup at all much less as recently as '04) for griping a bit--or a lot, when appropriate--given the long, long wait for the Promised Land.

Just my view from the cheap seats, and as always....Go Bruins!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : See, for one thing, i don't listen to any complaints from Habs fans about "not winning since '93" for the same reason I won't listen to Yankees fans whining about not getting title #28, or the Celtics failing to beat the lakers every time they face them...those are franchises that have simply given their fans plenty over the course of time. The Bruins don't even come close. 38 years and counting and not very many Cups before then for a team that's an Original 6. (Fans who saw them win in 1970 had quite a drought in between as well, but we've already outlasted that futility streak). Also: Forgive me if I don't consider Randy Jones the ultimate hockey genius. I would say it's also not incoceivable that his comments are at least partly motivated out of guilt from nearly killing Bergeron a few years ago. Even if that's a stretch, I still take issue with the Bruins being the team "best built for the playoffs." Yes, they're strong down the middle. I like a lot of what the team has (as I've stated), but I still feel they're relying too much to win games based on TT standing on his head, and that's a recipe for failure in the long run--you can only go to that well so many times in today's NHL. Regarding Seguin, perhaps I should have clarified that what bothers me is a combination of his limited ice time (is he really a healthy scratch for tonite?) as well as a desire to see him play more considtently w/the likes of Savard. (I still long for a Seguin-Savvy-Bergy line, but doubt it'll happen.) It's probably a matter of perception between what constitutes  a whiner and a legit critique, but I just feel that bruins fans should be given more leeway than fans of other franchises that have won either a LOT (Habs, Celts, Pats, Yanks, Lakers, etc.) or recently (If you're a fan of TB Lightning, for example, you should be thankful you got  the Stanley Cup at all much less as recently as '04) for griping a bit--or a lot, when appropriate--given the long, long wait for the Promised Land. Just my view from the cheap seats, and as always....Go Bruins!
    So the opinion of an NHL regular isn't worth that of a fan?An enemy knows you best one would think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : So the opinion of an NHL regular isn't worth that of a fan?An enemy knows you best one would think.

Admittedly, I just hate the guy. Bergy's been one of my favorite Bruins for a long time and I still resent him for that hit (feel the same way about Cooke, obviously.)

Do you feel there may be a guilt factor in what Jones said? Just curious...seems possible to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Usings terms like "negative" , "neurotic" or telling fans they "need to f-ing chill" is interesting when you really think about it. What posters like Olsonic and others are really saying- is that they can't handle opposing points of view...So, then let's label it with some term that will degrade anybody who has the audacity to disagree. That's what this is about. The premise of this post is that critical comments are "negative" - what they are actually saying is that they're viewpoint is beyond consideration from others - and posters with opposing views are wrong or have some personality defect- so let's kill the messenger. The arrogance is astounding. It's censorship 101 pure and simple. 

This is a hockey forum- not a fan club.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE] Usings terms like "negative" , "neurotic" or telling fans they "need to f-ing chill" is interesting when you really think about it. What posters like Olsonic and others are really saying- is that they can't handle opposing points of view...So, then let's label it with some term that will degrade anybody who has the audacity to disagree. That's what this is about. The premise of this post is that critical comments are "negative" - what they are actually saying is that they're viewpoint is beyond consideration from others - and posters with opposing views are wrong or have some personality defect- so let's kill the messenger. The arrogance is astounding. It's censorship 101 pure and simple.    This is a hockey forum- not a fan club.    
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I like how you start by listing buzzwords you disagree with and then use the term "censorship" -- a bit dramatic don't you think?

I think you couldn't be more wrong.  Nobody here has even suggested that you or anyone else doesn't have the right to post whatever you want.  But with free speech comes the right for others to point out that your opinion doesn't make any sense.

That is what you are getting here.  Some posters are just calling out the Chicken Little crowd for always ranting and whineing in the midst of a positive situation.  Nothing wrong with that opinion either.  If you dish it out, you ought to be able to take it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I like how you start by listing buzzwords you disagree with and then use the term "censorship" -- a bit dramatic don't you think? I think you couldn't be more wrong.  Nobody here has even suggested that you or anyone else doesn't have the right to post whatever you want.  But with free speech comes the right for others to point out that your opinion doesn't make any sense. That is what you are getting here.  Some posters are just calling out the Chicken Little crowd for always ranting and whineing in the midst of a positive situation.  Nothing wrong with that opinion either.  If you dish it out, you ought to be able to take it.

But to be fair, Fletch....JWensik does have a point--and he's perfectly willing to "dish it out". What he's saying is that the original post that started this thread DID take the position--in tone and in more direct language--that those who have ANY gripe about the current Bruins state of the Union are just "whiners", and that is most definitely an unfair supposition.

assuming we're all fans of the team (minus the obvious trolls), we all want the same thing: a Bruins Stanley Cup win. All too often on this forum many who have dared to find fault with the team--whether thru mgt./ownership/coaching/play on the ice...have been told to "chill" or "get lost", or worst of all: been told they're not "real fans."

I remember a banner a NY Giants fan had flown from the tail of an airplane over the Meadowlands back in the early 80's that said "18 years of lousy football: enough is enough!"....no one accused that guy of not being a real fan--he was just sick of year after year of futility....It wasn't long after that that Giants ownership got the message and prduced a Superbowl win in 1986, and more to follow. (I'm not suggesting we hire a plane to fly over JJ's house, even though the thought of waking him up w/jet noise at 2am gives me pleasure)....just that you CAN be critical of the team you love--expect and demand more--and still be a real fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]JWein is a tard, he's been discredited on these boards long ago. His post right there was an embodiment of every other post he has made on these boards. I don't even have something diplomatic to say about him, he's really useless. I admire you for trying though fletch
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Is that a reference to "Retarded" ??? ... the worst comment i've ever read on this board.
     You couldn't have validated my post any better if you tried

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Admittedly, I just hate the guy. Bergy's been one of my favorite Bruins for a long time and I still resent him for that hit (feel the same way about Cooke, obviously.) Do you feel there may be a guilt factor in what Jones said? Just curious...seems possible to me.
    I don't think it is a guilt thing.I often play xbox hockey with Randy in the off-season so,as you might imagine,I give him quite the guilt trip over Bergeron(who happens to be my favourite Bruin).But all jokes aside he knew he crossed a line whether he meant it or not.I've never said it to him but I feel he's lost some  of his physical edge as a result of that hit so I suppose you might be onto something with the guilt thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Is that a reference to "Retarded" ??? ... the worst comment i've ever read on this board.  You couldn't have validated my post any better if you tried
    The"worst"comment....talk about overly dramatic.And I still await your response on the Bergeron to wing thread............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Is that a reference to "Retarded" ??? ... the worst comment i've ever read on this board.  You couldn't have validated my post any better if you tried

So you start by representing confusion over what I meant, and follow it up by stating that I couldn't have validated your post any better if I tried.....brilliant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I don't think it is a guilt thing.I often play xbox hockey with Randy in the off-season so,as you might imagine,I give him quite the guilt trip over Bergeron(who happens to be my favourite Bruin).But all jokes aside he knew he crossed a line whether he meant it or not.I've never said it to him but I feel he's lost some  of his physical edge as a result of that hit so I suppose you might be onto something with the guilt thing.

I love Bergeron but I have no ill-will towards Randy Jones.  I boarded a player like that once and felt sick to my stomach for about a week.  Then in college I was horribly boarded and broke my collar bone.  The guy who did it met me outside the locker room and looked like he was fighting back tears as he apologized.  It happens to decent people.  Definitely out of character for Jones and a split second play.

My only bitterness with Jones is that he was wearing that vile Philly sweater while he did it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : The"worst"comment....talk about overly dramatic.

You're right - I stand corrected. The worst comment was you stating that the U.S. was "bullying the entire world". I guess using a term like "retarded" will have to take 2nd place.

Dez- do you have any idea how hurtful that term is to anyone who has a child or family member who is mentally handicapped? It's disgusting

Fletch, Olsonic and Dez - what a surprise. Like I said - "astounding"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I love Bergeron but I have no ill-will towards Randy Jones.  I boarded a player like that once and felt sick to my stomach for about a week.  Then in college I was horribly boarded and broke my collar bone.  The guy who did it met me outside the locker room and looked like he was fighting back tears as he apologized.  It happens to decent people.  Definitely out of character for Jones and a split second play. My only bitterness with Jones is that he was wearing that vile Philly sweater while he did it.
    I couldn't agree more.He's one of the nicer guys you could meet.Dosen't act like he's any different than me even though he's a small town celebrity.he actually took one of our mutual friends to Vegas after LA was eliminated last year.My buddy said it was the best trip of his life with the only problem being the fact he'll never have as good a time ever again.

Sections
Shortcuts