LOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: LOL

In Response to Re: LOL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : You're right - I stand corrected. The worst comment was you stating that the U.S. was "bullying the entire world". I guess using a term like "retarded" will have to take 2nd place.  Dez- do you have any idea how hurtful that term is to anyone who has a child or family member who is mentally handicapped? It's disgusting Fletch, Olsonic and Dez - what a surprise. Like I said - "astounding"
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    My other comment was the one I was referencing when I questioned which was the worst comment.I'm well aware of my being insensitive sometimes.If it's any consolation I'm sincerely trying to curb it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't think Jones meant to do what he did either. I do hold Bergy a small but definate percentage accountable the way he was trying to protect the puck in the offensive zone.
    Btw- Fletch. I do apologize for anything I said that got you pissed at me. You haven't called me out specifically, but you have called out my complaints, or (whining) out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : My other comment was the one I was referencing when I questioned which was the worst comment.I'm well aware of my being insensitive sometimes.If it's any consolation I'm sincerely trying to curb it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It's all good Dez , I've done it before - 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Jones meant to do what he did either. I do hold Bergy a small but definate percentage accountable the way he was trying to protect the puck in the offensive zone. Btw- Fletch. I do apologize for anything I said that got you pissed at me. You haven't called me out specifically, but you have called out my complaints, or (whining) out.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

No need nitemare, I've got nothing against you at all.  I think you're a good poster.  Meant nothing specifically towards you and my complaints were broad enough that they probably took issue with some of my own posts.

Wensink, don't know what you're upset with me for except practising your cherished free speech.  I don't think I was particularly rude to you at all, just being honest.  Like I said, you dish it out a lot...sometimes it comes back around...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : It's all good Dez , I've done it before -   
    Cheers to you sir.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : No need nitemare, I've got nothing against you at all.  I think you're a good poster.  Meant nothing specifically towards you and my complaints were broad enough that they probably took issue with some of my own posts. Wensink, don't know what you're upset with me for except practising your cherished free speech.  I don't think I was particularly rude to you at all, just being honest.  Like I said, you dish it out a lot...sometimes it comes back around...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, the only reason I mentioned you was because I received 3 immediate responses on my post, which you were one. You and Dez are two posters who rarely of ever have any critical remarks regarding the Bruins, and to a certain extent always seem to feel you have to defend the Bruins against any criticism.
    The only thing I try to"dish out" are my opinions on what is holding back the team I've been cheering for for 35yrs from winning the cup. I'm pretty sure that neurotic, negative, whining and retarded did not "come back around".

Not upset at all Fletch - just thought that those responses were worth mentioning considering the topic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Fletch, the only reason I mentioned you was because I received 3 immediate responses on my post, which you were one. You and Dez are two posters who rarely of ever have any critical remarks regarding the Bruins, and to a certain extent always seem to feel you have to defend the Bruins against any criticism. The only thing I try to"dish out" are my opinions on what is holding back the team I've been cheering for for 35yrs from winning the cup. I'm pretty sure that neurotic, negative, whining and retarded did not "come back around".  Not upset at all Fletch - just thought that those responses were worth mentioning considering the topic.
    Turns out I'm so used to debating with Habs fans that I may have become a little over-sensitive with any critique of the Bruins.You can imagine the frustration of every argument ending with "24 Stanley cups".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I don't think it is a guilt thing.I often play xbox hockey with Randy in the off-season so,as you might imagine,I give him quite the guilt trip over Bergeron(who happens to be my favourite Bruin).But all jokes aside he knew he crossed a line whether he meant it or not.I've never said it to him but I feel he's lost some  of his physical edge as a result of that hit so I suppose you might be onto something with the guilt thing.

Wow--that's actually pretty cool to know a real, honest-to-goodness NHL pro! (However, I still can't stand the SOB ;-)   Good for you for laying on the guilt! (I'm sure he actually did feel bad about it after the fact--I just think there's WAY too much of this kind of thing in the game today (of course it used to be worse--see Eddie Shore, re: Ace Bailey), but I wish guys would stop that extra half second to think about the serious consequences that could result from a hit like that.

Do you mind if I ask how you came to know Jones well enough to play Xbox w/him? Are you involved in the NHL in some capacity?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Wow--that's actually pretty cool to know a real, honest-to-goodness NHL pro! (However, I still can't stand the SOB ;-)   Good for you for laying on the guilt! (I'm sure he actually did feel bad about it after the fact--I just think there's WAY too much of this kind of thing in the game today (of course it used to be worse--see Eddie Shore, re: Ace Bailey), but I wish guys would stop that extra half second to think about the serious consequences that could result from a hit like that. Do you mind if I ask how you came to know Jones well enough to play Xbox w/him? Are you involved in the NHL in some capacity?
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    He still lives in quispamsis(where I grew up)in the off-season.One of my buddies is his best friend.Randy is going to fly him to TBAY for a couple games after the holidays.Sadly,he's better than me at xbox too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Fletch, the only reason I mentioned you was because I received 3 immediate responses on my post, which you were one. You and Dez are two posters who rarely of ever have any critical remarks regarding the Bruins, and to a certain extent always seem to feel you have to defend the Bruins against any criticism. The only thing I try to"dish out" are my opinions on what is holding back the team I've been cheering for for 35yrs from winning the cup. I'm pretty sure that neurotic, negative, whining and retarded did not "come back around".  Not upset at all Fletch - just thought that those responses were worth mentioning considering the topic.

It's funny because a couple of posters have implied that I am in the "sheep" crowd, which surprises me.  I think my optimism is a pretty new thing.  I was as bitter as anyone through the 90's and then more recently with the Dave Lewis team.  I complained about everyone on the team and generally hated the ownership and management. 

I think that is part of the reason I don't get all of the negativity now.  I think Chiarelli has been nothing but a breath of fresh air as a GM.  He's kept the core guys here, brought in big-time free agents, and developed young talent all at the same time.  The Kessel deal was a total steal from a divisional rival, the likes of which could propel this team for years to come.

Anyhow, I think I am plenty critical -- I just don't see that much to complain about at the moment.  It wasn't that long ago that a Bruins team making the 2nd round of the playoffs was a big deal.  I think they're fun to watch too.

On the flip side, I just posted the other day about my frustrations with their lacking physical game against Philly.  Cleary they need another scorer and a true #2 defensmen, and more consistent effort every game.  I complained about Recchi at the beginning of the season.  But when you compare this team to any Bruins team in the past 15 years, I think you have to be more optimistic than bitter.  I think the fans are acting kind of spoiled with all of the pissing and moaning about this team.  That's all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Turns out I'm so used to debating with Habs fans that I may have become a little over-sensitive with any critique of the Bruins.You can imagine the frustration of every argument ending with "24 Stanley cups".

I lived thru the 70's and the Don Cherry teams that lost to those great Canadien teams. You don't think I'm sick of losing? Here's the thing...I see things taking place within the organization that lead me to believe that this team is further away than it was two years ago. Last year was the worst ever. I'd say that  the Savard/Cooke incident , and the Philly series were the two low points in all the years i've been watching. So when I witness situations and obvious patterns of the same behaviour - with the same leadership intact, it's something that I'm compelled to shed light on. It's the opposite of negative as far as I'm concerned. I'm to busy wanting to win - that really cuts into time for blindly cheering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I lived thru the 70's and the Don Cherry teams that lost to those great Canadien teams. You don't think I'm sick of losing? Here's the thing...I see things taking place within the organization that lead me to believe that this team is further away than it was two years ago. Last year was the worst ever. I'd say that  the Savard/Cooke incident , and the Philly series were the two low points in all the years i've been watching. So when I witness situations and obvious patterns of the same behaviour - with the same leadership intact, it's something that I'm compelled to shed light on. It's the opposite of negative as far as I'm concerned. I'm to busy wanting to win - that really cuts into time for blindly cheering.
    It may seem like it to you but i'm,by no means,always positive about the Bruins.If those incidents were the low points in all the years you've been watching then your memory stinks.Neely/Samuellson ring a bell?Kluzak,etc.retiring from injury.Sadly,there have been many low points so forgive me for seeing the glass half-full rather than almost empty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : I don't think it is a guilt thing.I often play xbox hockey with Randy in the off-season so,as you might imagine,I give him quite the guilt trip over Bergeron(who happens to be my favourite Bruin).But all jokes aside he knew he crossed a line whether he meant it or not.I've never said it to him but I feel he's lost some  of his physical edge as a result of that hit so I suppose you might be onto something with the guilt thing.

Yeah.  I'm sure you play xBox hockey against him and constantly remind him of what was probably the worst thing he ever did in his life.

Ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL : Yeah.  I'm sure you play xBox hockey against him and constantly remind him of what was probably the worst thing he ever did in his life. Ok.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    An over-aggressive hit in a hockey game was the worst thing he ever did in his life?wow.He's going to Heaven for sure.Sounds like you and  your friends are a little sensitive.Most hockey players have slightly thicker skin.