Looch!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Looch!

I'm just here for the overreaction to Lucic's hat trick.  Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Looch!

Lucic is on pace to score 50 goals WOAH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I could never understand all the fans that actually wanted to trade him last season when he was so obviously playing injured. There were people challenging his talent and attitude. Some of that may have been frustration on how last year went. No mistake now: when he's healthy he's a power forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Looch!:
    [QUOTE]I could never understand all the fans that actually wanted to trade him last season when he was so obviously playing injured. There were people challenging his talent and attitude. Some of that may have been frustration on how last year went. No mistake now: when he's healthy he's a power forward.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]
    The trouble with most fans is that they want to say he isn't Neely.Well what I wonder is Who IS?It's unfair and unrealistic to compare any young player to Neely,a hall of famer that took being a power forward to a new level.That said,I think Lucic is the closest player I've seen so far.For his age his numbers aren't far from Neely's and will obviously continue to climb.Bottom line is that we have an awesome young player with a skill set that 29 other GM's covet.Hard not to love his game and I,for one,think his contract is a bargain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

....Looch!....is a beast his confidence is growing through every game. Most fans talk about how Milan opens up space for Horton/Krejci/Bergeron as of late but what I'm seeing is opponents game plan is against Horton for the fear of his twisted wrister which has led to Lucic's outburst. This combination of Lucic and Horton is working both ways. Scary part while Krejci is out is bergeron hasn't really figured out Nathan and Milan's tendencies yet but their still scoring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I could never understand all the fans that actually wanted to trade him last season when he was so obviously playing injured. There were people challenging his talent and attitude. Some of that may have been frustration on how last year went. No mistake now: when he's healthy he's a power forward.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Because there are plenty of fans who are ignoramuses. Props to Lucic for playing hurt last year (and you know these same fans would have been calling him names if he hadn't played), but an injury that serious is going to derail anyone, especially a big rugged guy like Lucic whose game is so dependent on physicality.

Hockey players' reticence to even acknowledge their injuries, let alone publicize them, is admirable, but it often hurts them in the court of public opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Fans who can't recognize the unique skill set that Milan Lucic brings are totally lost. There's not a GM in the NHL who wouldn't sign him tomorrow for his current contract. There is only one Milan Lucic in the entire league, be happy he's in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Lucic:Neely::Edelman:Welker

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

The problem with "fans", and this applies to every sport is they are aall about "what have you done for me lately", plain and simple. They don't care about the past (unless its bad), or the future, or the potential. It's simply about "what have you done for me lately."

Gotta just push them aside and let them spew their garbage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Looch took speed skating lessons last summer and it greatly improved his mobility.  He's playing more and more like Neely did so why shouldn't they be compared?  I know for a fact that Neely himself has said he sees allot of himself in Lucic's play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez- good post and I agree.  I have come on here numerous times trying to say that there won't be another Cam.  Different times.  Lets just let Milan be Milan. 
    I am not gonna change my tune about him when he is going well.  I am just not a big fan.  I am happy he is on this team.  Maybe I just like the 80-90's better and it ticked me off when people say he is the next Cam.  Not sure what grudge I am holding onto.  Maybe I just don't see what everyone else does.  And I am sorry if that ticks his fans off. 

JW- I think you are wrong about the contract and every GM picking him up.  I think Milan is a perfect fit for Boston but I don't know if I would have thrown that cash at him so early.  He is definitely earning it though this year.  Horton/Lucic combo looks great.  I agree that there is only one Lucic.  But Stewart in Colorado is a monster. 

Anyway.  This wasn't a negative spin.  Just didn't want anyone to think I was ducking either.

Cheers to all. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I don't know how many times last season I said wait til this season to see if he be worth what he is getting paid this season.  So far he has been worth every cent of his contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Dez- good post and I agree.  I have come on here numerous times trying to say that there won't be another Cam.  Different times.  Lets just let Milan be Milan.  I am not gonna change my tune about him when he is going well.  I am just not a big fan.  I am happy he is on this team.  Maybe I just like the 80-90's better and it ticked me off when people say he is the next Cam.  Not sure what grudge I am holding onto.  Maybe I just don't see what everyone else does.  And I am sorry if that ticks his fans off.  JW- I think you are wrong about the contract and every GM picking him up.  I think Milan is a perfect fit for Boston but I don't know if I would have thrown that cash at him so early.  He is definitely earning it though this year.  Horton/Lucic combo looks great.  I agree that there is only one Lucic.  But Stewart in Colorado is a monster.  Anyway.  This wasn't a negative spin.  Just didn't want anyone to think I was ducking either. Cheers to all. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

shupe, Keep one thing in mind when evaluating Lucic -he's actually not playing as aggressively as he's capable of due to CJ's instructions. He should be a 20-30 goal forward, who is an absolute beast on the forecheck-and the most devastating hitter in the game. That's a pretty good 4 million dollar player in today's world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Fans who can't recognize the unique skill set that Milan Lucic brings are totally lost. There's not a GM in the NHL who wouldn't sign him tomorrow for his current contract. There is only one Milan Lucic in the entire league, be happy he's in Boston.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Amen!

If we ever get deep into the playoff rounds, Milan will show us a whole new level of Lucic. One that will scare, and amaze, even President Neely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Amazing start for the big guy! I still think he's not quite 100%. When he is, look out....I have been seeing more of his over-powering hits start to creep back into his game. He is getting close. Balance and core strength are vital.
    Any GM with one neuron firing would scoop up Lucic up for the same $$. He is earning his contract and will continue to.
    Now, what we don't know is whether Lucic can stay as hot, as long as Neely did back in the day. Maybe the smaller goalie equipment helped, but I'll tell youNeely is one of the all time greats and would have kicked bum in any era.
    Where are all the "haters"? Don't pit Neely vs Lucic...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, I'll give you credit for stepping up, and I know we've had this conversation before so - I'll limit my response to one small thing.  You may not agree that 29 teams would offer Lucic that money, but Chiarelli certainly did.  I'd argue he and his staff looked at the situation last fall, considered Lucic's invite to Team Canada, the number of times the phase "the next Milan Lucic" was used at the draft, and Lucic's playoff performance, and figured teams would not only offer the kind of money they eventually gave Lucic, but they'd be willing to give up draft picks for the right to do it.  That's why they moved to sign Lucic early - so there was no chance of him going to RFA.

Put this another way - imagine if he'd been healthy and had this start last year.  What do you think a physical force who scores a point/game and leads the team in goals would be worth as an RFA?  Put it this way: two guys scored 35+ goals last year who aren't making over $5M this year - Alex Burrows (who isn't playing with the Sedins and so has 2 points in 8 games this year) and some Stamkos guy who is still on his EL contract.  Now, I agree, there's no guarantee Lucic will keep up this pace, but even if he slows considerably, he'll top 25 goals this year.  Scoring is only one of the ways he contributes, too, which isn't the case with those others.  All in all, giving that contract early probably saved the Bruins some money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The positive Looch analysis is right on.  Since he started getting right towards the end of last year, his production has been pretty impressive.

2009-10 (last 5): 5gp 1-3-4
    2009-10 (playoffs): 13gp 5-4-9
    2010-11 (reg season): 17gp 10-7-17

So, over his last 35gp he is 16-14-30, which over 82 games is 37-33-70.  That is the kind of production that PC paid for, and I am glad that he did.

JW said it best..."There is only one Milan Lucic in the entire league, be happy he's in Boston."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

Neely would never try to grow that hideous cartoon character stache.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Lucic has really worked on his skating game also, he looks so much more fluid out there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Looch is starting to look more and more like the player he was in the Memorial cup,anyone who saw him play in game 7 will know what I'm talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanBruinsFan. Show VanBruinsFan's posts

Milan is a near perfect Bruins type player, big, physical, tough with reasonably soft hands with decent hockey sense.  He didn't captain Canada's world Jr team by accident.  Plus he wants to be in Boston, I live near where he grew up & met his mother & said he's loving every minute of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Neely would never try to grow that hideous cartoon character stache.
    Posted by RLSJR65[/QUOTE]

Lucic - and the rest of the Bruins, plus a majority of guys around the NHL - is growing the 'stashe for "Movember," a worldwide movement to raise awareness of men's cancers.

http://us.movember.com/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Duinne,

Very fitting considering Pat Burns just passed away.  Movember is a great thing.  My stache is cheesey as they come.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looch! : Lucic - and the rest of the Bruins, plus a majority of guys around the NHL - is growing the 'stashe for "Movember," a worldwide movement to raise awareness of men's cancers. http://us.movember.com/
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I've enjoyed the hilarity in some of their 'stache's.  Pretty funny stuff and all for a good cause.  That said....Lucic's is terrible.  One of the worst on the team.  LOL!!  Ference and Stuart are rocking the "cop 'stache".   Now THAT is good stuff right there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looch! : I've enjoyed the hilarity in some of their 'stache's.  Pretty funny stuff and all for a good cause.  That said....Lucic's is terrible.  One of the worst on the team.  LOL!!  Ference and Stuart are rocking the "cop 'stache".   Now THAT is good stuff right there.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I think Milan is well aware of that - he said he's going to shave his off as soon as the month is over!

Saw a great comment on the HF boards, that the camera was panning the Bruins bench and you see mustache, mustache, mustache, Seguin baby face, Caron baby face, mustache, mustache... ;-)

And Shuperman, cheesey is good! Good on ye, as the Aussies say. :-)