Looking Forward to Tuukka Time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Looking Forward to Tuukka Time

This is Tuukka's time to shine, good numbers in his stint with Plzen HC; 8gp 6-2-0 1.85GAA .936SV% thus far on 2012-13.

Heard Ference on WEEI this morning, said he played against Tuukka in the Czech League and he looks great.

Either way, doesn't sound like TT has changed his mind on anything.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Said to be content/happy living with his family in Colorado, Thomas not interested in fulfilling final contract yr with BOS/any other team.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: As of now, subject to usual "could change mind later" qualifiers, TIm Thomas is not interested in ending his self-imposed hockey exile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Looking Forward to Tuukka Time

I am excited about this.  I'm sure whenever he has a bad game people will be saying Thomas would have have saved this or that, but I think he will settle in as a top-third NHL goalie.

I don't care what TT is up to, I can't really fathom a scenario where he comes back, but I suppose anything could happen.  Headed down to CO Springs next weekend, I'll try look him up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

This is Tuukka's time to shine, good numbers in his stint with Plzen HC; 8gp 6-2-0 1.85GAA .936SV% thus far on 2012-13.

Heard Ference on WEEI this morning, said he played against Tuukka in the Czech League and he looks great.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Said to be content/happy living with his family in Colorado, Thomas not interested in fulfilling final contract yr with BOS/any other team.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: As of now, subject to usual "could change mind later" qualifiers, TIm Thomas is not interested in ending his self-imposed hockey exile.

Although it is time to move on from TT, Tuuka's performances will be compared to him during this season...and the Bruins fortunes will really depend on whether Tuuka is truly the #1 goalie we are all expecting him to be.

Let's hope he stays injury free as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Although it is time to move on from TT, Tuuka's performances will be compared to him during this season...and the Bruins fortunes will really depend on whether Tuuka is truly the #1 goalie we are all expecting him to be.

Let's hope he stays injury free as well.

[/QUOTE]

While I agree that there are a ton of uncertainties, we do have more than just expectations  to go on with Tuukka.  He was the #1 goalie for a year and put up Vezina caliber numbers.  So frankly, my expectations are pretty high.  Top third NHL keeper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

More concerned about the depth of the Bruins D with Hamilton learining and McQuaid coming off injury than Tuukka. I have full confidence Rask will be fine barring injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

alright... here's a blind taste test... 100 gp- .927 save % - 2.16 gaa- 10 so.  i think most any team in the nhl would welcome a goalie with those numbers. i certainly welcome him back(into the starting role, not that he ever went anywhere), and  have full confidence in his abilities. if he's playing right now(overseas), and playing well,  he's healthy. it's tuukka time!!!!!!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No mean to bust your dreams but Rask will soon become no.2 ....as Khudobin will become ou no.1 goalie ...if ask loses the 1st game to Monteal ...it will be Khudo time and as soon as Khudo will get his 1st start ....he will be ou no.1

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS IN 2011 & 2013 (with Kudho as our no1 goalie)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was a little iffy with him going over seas during the lockout, my main concern was injury.

Now that it's past I'm very happy he's in game shape , ready to go because that's what is needed in this short season. There's no time to find yourself. 

As for Khudobin  , good on him also playing regularly , I just don't know too much on his situation if he'll come back this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

No mean to bust your dreams but Rask will soon become no.2 ....as Khudobin will become ou no.1 goalie ...if ask loses the 1st game to Monteal ...it will be Khudo time and as soon as Khudo will get his 1st start ....he will be ou no.1

With the ending of the lockout we now have to deal with your stupid "predictions" again. This is one thing I didn't miss. No one cares about your predictions anymore. Let's just watch hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i predict stanley's signature changes a dozen times before february. i miss the ignore button.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

With the ending of the lockout we now have to deal with your stupid "predictions" again. This is one thing I didn't miss. No one cares about your predictions anymore. Let's just watch hockey.

Stupid predictions ????  We'll see Dude ...the BRUINS will win another Stanley Cup with Khudo as our no.1 goalie ...and please pay respect to my experience, knowledges, and wisdom....another unreal prediction that will become reality soon ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stupid predictions ????  We'll see Dude ...the BRUINS will win another Stanley Cup with Khudo as our no.1 goalie ...and please pay respect to my experience, knowledges, and wisdom....another unreal prediction that will become reality soon ...

[/QUOTE]

If by stupid you mean arbitrary and illogical claims that are barely relevant to the team, aren't remotely grounded in evidence or factual information, and have a 5% of being correct, well then, okay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

If by stupid you mean arbitrary and illogical claims that are barely relevant to the team, aren't remotely grounded in evidence or factual information, and have a 5% of being correct, well then, okay.

Stanley is like the Eklund of the Forum.  Makes wild, unsubstantiated claims and predictions with the hope that the blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.  Then tries to claim victory; "please pay respect to my experience, knowledges, and wisdom".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Stanley is like the Eklund of the Forum.  Makes wild, unsubstantiated claims and predictions with the hope that the blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.  Then tries to claim victory; "please pay respect to my experience, knowledges, and wisdom".

LOL 1 out of every 10

9 times out of the 10 we don't hear from him

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Yes you're right we will see. Another unreal prediction? I could make the prediction that Bruins will win every game of the season and have a better record for making correct preditions than you. You're bipolar contradictory predictions at the end of last season drove all of us nuts. At first you seemed like a positive attitude for a team that had not done well in previous years but then you became a fair weather fan. You kept saying you wouldn't make any more predictions or that we would make a trade for this player or that player and none of that ever happened. You make predictions based on absolutely nothing. What have you seen outside of 6 NHL starts and some so-so goaltending at the AHL level that has you believing he's going to be our starter?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'm also excited to see what Rask can do. He's obviously a very good goalie, and very talented. My question is whether or not he can put together a consistent season, stay healthy, and elevate his game for the playoffs. We shall find out.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Said it before, Tuuka will shine, and Khudobin will be terrific in relief..Next off season Bruins will have two number 1 goalies, will have to decide what to do with Tuuka who will be looking for a significant raise. Not a bad problem to have, beats having Marty Turco in net down the stretch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Marty Turco. Awesome. I had wiped that out of memory.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Said it before, Tuuka will shine, and Khudobin will be terrific in relief..Next off season Bruins will have two number 1 goalies, will have to decide what to do with Tuuka who will be looking for a significant raise. Not a bad problem to have, beats having Marty Turco in net down the stretch.

How long before Subban challenges for a spot on the B's?? Next year?

On a different topic, does anyone speculate where Luongo ends up? I don't see the Canucks paying him big money to warm the bench.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

How long before Subban challenges for a spot on the B's?? Next year?

On a different topic, does anyone speculate where Luongo ends up? I don't see the Canucks paying him big money to warm the bench.

gotta think subban is also behind svedberg? so as i see it... 1-rask, 2-khudobin, 3-svedberg, 4-someone besides subban. from what i saw of subban(WJC), he's a ways off from being nhl-ready. YEARS OFF- which is not a knock against, he's young. who knows, a couple more years honing his craft might produce a great tender. to answer your first question, no, a few years down the line possibly. i'm praying leaky lou, somehow, someway, ends up in toronto. love for him to visit the gahden, it's his home away from home, and most nights he'll only have to play a period or two!  hehehehe     

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Of Goalies since 1950 who have at least 100 games played, Rask ranks NUMBER ONE in both goals against average[2.20] and save percentage[.926]. No goal tender in modern history has better stats then Tuukka Rask. NONE! Amazing Bruins fans don't realize this.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

2010 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Sorry Tuukka, you gotta get us to the Finals before I'm a true believer.  Let's go B's!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I'm not worried about rask he will do what he always does and post great numbers. It is Anton I'm  worried about kid looked like rubbish overseas Svedberg might see some action if anton doesn't improve off his showing overseas. If rask gets goal support he will be just fine.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I am excited about this.  I'm sure whenever he has a bad game people will be saying Thomas would have have saved this or that, but I think he will settle in as a top-third NHL goalie.

I don't care what TT is up to, I can't really fathom a scenario where he comes back, but I suppose anything could happen.  Headed down to CO Springs next weekend, I'll try look him up...

Tuuka may have to be better than top third if the B's are going to hoist the Stanley Half-Cup. If he's the #8 or 10 goalie in the league I'm not sure they get very far in the playoffs. I'm hoping for top 5 or better, which may be a stretch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

I'm not worried about rask he will do what he always does and post great numbers. It is Anton I'm  worried about kid looked like rubbish overseas Svedberg might see some action if anton doesn't improve off his showing overseas. If rask gets goal support he will be just fine.

Thats the key, the last time Rask played with any regularity the B's would either not score or get 1 goal. TT would get the next start and the B's would score 5, no question Tuukka needs goal support.

• Sections
    Shortcuts