Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs

In Response to Re: Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs :  and what about all those years that he spent as an expansion team? what kind of example of an owner does that indicate? and a cap that he was a chief advocate for!!  why would an owner of a profitable nhl team in an nhl town want to put his salary on par with lesser teams from areas that do not support hockey! he championed for the cap so he woul no longer stick liek a sore thumb!!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Or maybe it has to do with the cap being good for the league overall.Parity now exists as evidenced by a lack of dominant teams and the fact that FA's move all over rather than just to Detroit and NYR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

BBReigns knows what he speaks of !

Cheapskate owner, inexperienced cast off GM, 3-0, 3-0, uh-oh coach = BUST !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]Once JJ got the league-wide salary cap he fought so hard for, he was grinning ear to ear like the cat who ate the canary. Now when anyone complains about the lousy teams he puts out year after year he can shrug and say "But look--we're spending to the cap! I can't be called cheap anymore"....smug in the knowledge that as a big-market club with an over-loyal fan base he will always have more than enough money to spend to a cap that will ALWAYS be cheaper than the money he would have had to dole out in the pre-cap days to put a Stanley-Cup-caliber team on the ice. Win-win for JJ and his ever-expanding empire in Buffalo. Lose-lose for the long-suffering fan base waiting (for nearly 40 years now) back in Boston for a Stanley Cup.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

well elaborated but there is something i was thinking about the other day and maybe someone can correct me.i do agree on their Frugality but they did do things that were atypical such as signing Kevin stvens, bill guerin . Any comment on this , just a thought

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]BBReigns knows what he speaks of ! Cheapskate owner, inexperienced cast off GM, 3-0, 3-0, uh-oh coach = BUST !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Rmiller, we were 1 win away from the finals last year . this team definitely has woes but do u honedtly belive we are not a top 4or 5 contender. Ive been hard obn this team as much if not more then anyone but if u wanna get tacky on us that's one thing but u do seem to sound ad if we are not even close of being a cup contender and that is BS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs : The last paragraph of your excellent post is spot-on, BB. It is 100% true that a committed and caring owner makes a difference--witness the Red Sox ownership and especially Kraft w/the Pats. The could-care-less Jacobs clan living in Buffalo and checking the bottom line figures for hot dog and beer sales at the Vault is all JJ cares about , and handing off this cash cow to his idiot son will only continue the terrible example. Players, coaches, and fans notice this stuff...and the soul-lessness of this franchise is part of what's killing it. As for what JJ "is doing" to hurt this club (to Dez, who can't stand even one negative things aid about the Bruins ever)  I think I've made it clear that the damage has already been done. My point is simply that had baseball-type free agency remained in place (and that's not necessarily a good thing) it eventually would have forced JJ to pony up dough he didn't want to...whether or not that would have produced a Cup is not the point (obviously it failed more often than it worked for the Rangers, altho' it did work once, and that's all that franchise needed to get the "1940" chants to stop)....but JJ got what he wanted: i.e. a lower pre-set dollar amount than he would have had to pay otherwise to put a team on the ice and pull the wool over the gullibe fan base to say "oh, look, see how much I care--I'm spending to the cap!"---AGAIN: a cap he KNEW would be affordable and easily LESS than what it would have cost to bring in high-quality players otherwise in an attempt to truly compete financially for a Cup. It's actually pretty simple. But ultimately, you're right--his worst sin is his utter indifference to bringing a title to Boston as long as he gets his money cup filled.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Nice post bookboy but as the ole saying says , everything starts from the top and thta includes ownership, u brought up a good example once- chicago cubs. Never won anything(within an average human life span) and never will . they only began gettin penannants when they started spending $

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

[QUOTE]Jacobs spends to the cap  most owners refuse to do so.   Chia   is a good GM  he has us set to be contenders for many many years.... We finally have a legit chance to  possibly win a cup and the whines and cry babies come out.... go hug your moma Go   BRUINS
    Posted by mrbruin4[/QUOTE]

"Most" try about 7 or 8 teams who don't spend close to the cap.

"Contenders" Contenders for what? To make the playoffs and maybe win a round? Wow there is something to be proud of. You pathetic sheep are the ones enabling ownership not to care in the first place!

"Yay we made the playoffs, lets buy some hotdogs now, yay"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Hey RMillerIQof87 The spirit of Christmas is upon me and prevents me from telling you what a d**che b*g you are and remind you that you promised to leave this board when Seguin wasn't sent back to his junior team and/or picked for the WJC and that absolutely nobody on this board (just like your family, "friends" and Canada)wants you around. So Happy Christmas you piece of human excrement. I hope you get that pair of double runners you've been asking Santa for, you useless, pitiful excuse for a human being.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

ahh yup, spot on Johnny Cash.... Happy holidays!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks good on Scrooge Jacobs : The salary cap more-or-less fixes player costs.  Other costs (scouting, electricity, etc) are fairly static.  Coaching and management costs, even at the high end, are small compared to the rest of the budget. So how is Jacobs to squeeze more money out of owning the Bruins?  The only way to increase profits is to field a winning team.  A championship would be a jackpot.  He's a smart businessman, he knows these things. You can argue all you want about him sucking the life out of the organization, but the incentive for him to have a winning team has never been greater.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

ahh yup, now there is clear thinking!  Happy Holidays DrCC