Looks Like It's Meszaros

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Looks Like It's Meszaros

I'm liking this move for a 3rd rounder. Health an issue but a better overall choice based on the other pickings that were available out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Why does Philly trade Meszaros? They are in the playoffs at this point, and it's not like they are a powerhouse, so why weaken their team by giving up a "good" Dman? 

Doesn't make sense to me. 

Agree, the thing speaks for itrself... So, they got MacDonald!? That is not an answer; that is a re-stating of the question. Why'd they go out and get MacDonald if they have Benny Medeiros in the firts place?? Smells like another deadline deal from '12 when we got that stiff from Minny, although maybe slightly better.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would assume. Bart has been great

[/QUOTE]

If Meszaros is paired with Chara, it would be Miller (or Hamilton).  It would be a right side defenseman as the odd man out.  I don't know what I'd rather see.

Krug is probably too good on the powerplay to take out.  It depends if Bartkowski is playing well.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe that happens in the post season, but I think they like Hamilton with chara. Mez and boychuk make sense on the second pairing. Bart and krug should lol fine for 15 minutes a game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why does Philly trade Meszaros? They are in the playoffs at this point, and it's not like they are a powerhouse, so why weaken their team by giving up a "good" Dman? 

[/QUOTE]

His salary is $4mil.., and he's coming off a boatload of injuries...including shoulder, an Achilles problem, and no so serious back injury. He's a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so why does Boston make the trade. See what I am saying. Philly doesn't want him, so why do the Bruins? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Filled a need of another defenceman.................didn't give up Subban, Spooner, their 1st or 2nd. Sounds like what was expected to happen from the Bruins come the deadline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay, so why does Boston make the trade. See what I am saying. Philly doesn't want him, so why do the Bruins? 

[/QUOTE]

We aren't talking about an astute trading partner.  This is Philly.  This is Van Riemsdyk for Luke Schenn Philly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His salary is $4mil.., and he's coming off a boatload of injuries...including shoulder, an Achilles problem, and no so serious back injury. He's a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Philly didn't want him because they picked up another d-man were not going to resign him after this season. He's a rental for us and fills a need. Philly's gets the pick they were looking for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

a few things:

I think if he stays healthy, from what I've seen, Meszaros will fit in very nicely into CJ's system. He's not fast but he's positionally solid, doesn't take a lot of hero chances, and plays a "heavy" game. In short, he should buy what CJ sells.

I see him as more of a replacement for Bart as opposed to Miller. Seeing Bart out there on 3rd period PK's or nursing a 1 goal lead was terrifying to me. I like Bartkowski, but a smallish, fast 2nd year DMan who likes to skate the puck down low as fast as he can is not what the B's need at this point . I think Bart is Krug-lite, they don't need 2 similar players and I think we all agree that Krug is better. Can't have both those guys out there when you absolutely have to shut down the other team. Miller is a stay at home player and think he forces 43 to the 9th floor on most nights...if Meszaros doesn't stink.

If Meszaros can stay on the ice and hasn't pulled the Full Redden, then I think it's the perfect pick up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

a few things:

I think if he stays healthy, from what I've seen, Meszaros will fit in very nicely into CJ's system. He's not fast but he's positionally solid, doesn't take a lot of hero chances, and plays a "heavy" game. In short, he should buy what CJ sells.

I see him as more of a replacement for Bart as opposed to Miller. Seeing Bart out there on 3rd period PK's or nursing a 1 goal lead was terrifying to me. I like Bartkowski, but a smallish, fast 2nd year DMan who likes to skate the puck down low as fast as he can is not what the B's need at this point . I think Bart is Krug-lite, they don't need 2 similar players and I think we all agree that Krug is better. Can't have both those guys out there when you absolutely have to shut down the other team. Miller is a stay at home player and think he forces 43 to the 9th floor on most nights...if Meszaros doesn't stink.

If Meszaros can stay on the ice and hasn't pulled the Full Redden, then I think it's the perfect pick up.

I don't think Krug is better overall, but he's better offensively. If Krug were better, he'd be playing more, right? I do think PC will have a lot to consider this offseason, as Chara will be another year older, Seidenberg questionable coming back from injury (and also one of the oldest skaters on the team) and a gaggle of young defensemen in the fold. I wouldn't be surprised to see the B's make a good play for a long-term, higher-end defenseman during the summer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Interesting point is the Bruins want Meszaros to change his D from a man-to-man defense to a collapsing zone defense. He will also need to improve his conditioning. Partly because of injuries as he didn’t start 2013-14 season in peak shape whitch is one of the main reasons the Flyers made him a healthy scratch.

He could be Chara’s right-hand man. Or Meszaros could move Bartkowski as the left-side man on the No.2 pairing.

Sections
Shortcuts