Looks like Kovie is done in FLA.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Looks like Kovie is done in FLA.

I know there are some who think well of him, and I admit he is one of the most skilled players I've ever seen, but I personally would never have had him on my team. 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417114

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Looks like Kovie is done in FLA.

I was pretty excited to be able to see him play this year.

Sadly, all I got to see was him trailing the play and skating at 66%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Would he be a veteran you would be ok with bringing in NAS?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

We should kick the tires on that obvious 2nd line player lol. Looks like Talllon is getting ready to tip the ship one way and drop the unwanted cargo out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

To the B's?  To quote Red:  No flipping way.

I've seen a lot of Panthers games this year (sad to say).  He's been the definition of lazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I've seen a lot of Panthers games this year (sad to say).  He's been the definition of lazy.

Been that way for most of his career.....IMO. He definitely doesn't fit the Bruin mould.

I remember in the ill fated playoff series against the Canadiens (Julien coaching them at the time), Kovi getting tapped on his hand, acting like he'd broken it, colliding with his own team mate all the while shaking his hand while Glenn Murray took the puck, went in on  a breakaway and scored the GWG.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've watched some as well, and not too long ago i would have welcomed him to the Bruins. but after watching him this year, I'd say your being generous with 66%. Too bad too, cause I'm sure he still has the hands.

Also, Weiss looks almost lost at times this year, can't see how his stock has not dipped. Though if Florida decides to start selling off, good fit for the B's would be Tomas Fleischman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rarely do we disagree, Kel, but on Weiss we do.

He plays his butt off at all times.  While I can't say the same for almost anyone else, I don't think I've said, "F***ing Weiss what are you doing?" once this year.  If he were on the B's third line, I'd get the DuckBoats ready...just in case.

Fleischmann and Kopecy are also great second players elsewhere, third liners in Boston. 

Of course, with DipS*it Dale as the GM, the B's might not be wasting their time if they were targeting Gudbranson and/or Huberdeau.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Been that way for most of his career.....IMO. He definitely doesn't fit the Bruin mould.

I disagree.  I'm not sure anyone could be lazy for most of their career and break 1,000 points.  He played pretty hard in New York and Pittsburgh.  It wasn't until he got to Montreal that I felt like he may be taking a shift or two off...every period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rarely do we disagree, Kel, but on Weiss we do.

He plays his butt off at all times.  While I can't say the same for almost anyone else, I don't think I've said, "F***ing Weiss what are you doing?" once this year.  If he were on the B's third line, I'd get the DuckBoats ready...just in case.

Fleischmann and Kopecy are also great second players elsewhere, third liners in Boston. 

Of course, with DipS*it Dale as the GM, the B's might not be wasting their time if they were targeting Gudbranson and/or Huberdeau.

I worded that wrong. Not questioning his effort, big fan of the player, just looks like his teammates are on a different page than him. Looks like he's trying to do too much by himself. I'd love to see him on the bruins, but not as a 3rd line wing. I think he's a top 2 line center, but I dont want or imagine the bruins would break up the top two lines. I hope he goes to a team where he can play on the top line..Then people will see what kind of a player he is. Has a fairly high skill level, not sure we've seen all the potential realized there, combined with a blue collar work ethic..If I'm Calgary or Washington, he'd be perfect for the top line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I disagree.  I'm not sure anyone could be lazy for most of their career and break 1,000 points.  He played pretty hard in New York and Pittsburgh.  It wasn't until he got to Montreal that I felt like he may be taking a shift or two off...every period.

Good point about his earlier years, and he was definitely a guy who could put the puck in the net, but still never came across to me as much of two way player. Then again, the teams that acquired him probably knew the trade off.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good point about his earlier years, and he was definitely a guy who could put the puck in the net, but still never came across to me as much of two way player. Then again, the teams that acquired him probably knew the trade off.......

The "two way player" is a lot more common now that it was even 10 years ago.  The third line players were the shutdown players.  The fourth line were rookies and goons.  Kovalev wasn't expected to play defensively.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Wasn't Lemieux quoted as saying that Kovalev was the most talented player he has ever played with? I think that has to go for something, from one of the most talented forwards ever (some say the most talented).

Yeah....Washington. Then you could have two lazy Russians who don't want to play defense on the top line. Perfect!

However, one could argue that the best 5v5 line in the NHL in 08-09 (Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder) was a bunch of streaky, 1-way forwards who took nights off, but somehow it just worked out in the B's favor! Krejci still hasn't matched his point output from that year. Not even close, in fact.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Wasn't Lemieux quoted as saying that Kovalev was the most talented player he has ever played with? I think that has to go for something, from one of the most talented forwards ever (some say the most talented).

Yeah....Washington. Then you could have two lazy Russians who don't want to play defense on the top line. Perfect!

However, one could argue that the best 5v5 line in the NHL in 08-09 (Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder) was a bunch of streaky, 1-way forwards who took nights off, but somehow it just worked out in the B's favor! Krejci still hasn't matched his point output from that year. Not even close, in fact.

Read it again, i made no mention of Kovalev going to Washington, I was talking about Weiss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

If that was the best 5x5 line in the NHL, what a sad, sad season it would be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And it doesn't matter which Dale, Holley or Arnold, you are speaking of. If Weiss is indeed in Dineens doghouse then Tallon should make the trade now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And it doesn't matter which Dale, Holley or Arnold, you are speaking of. If Weiss is indeed in Dineens doghouse then Tallon should make the trade now.

Is Weiss in the doghouse?  I don't follow the team off the ice.