Lose Today, PC's hand is forced

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lose Today, PC's hand is forced

To me, if they lose today they have to make a deal. Not a panic, don't need to go get Nash, just for the mere fact that the current roster does not have enough players capable of playing in the NHL due to injuries. Peverley out 6 weeks with an injury that effects skating which is his strength. how effective will he be when he comes back. My guess is even if he comes back he still goes under the knife in the off-season. Horton? Who knows, and like Peverely, if he comes back, how effective will he be. Thats 2 forwards out of your top 9.

Can't let this go on much longer, Pitt and Flyers are now one point behind the B's and New jersey sits 2 points back. The cap room is there, and again, don't think a major deal is needed. this is still a very good team, I'm guessing they'd like to add a player or two without subtracting from the roster. The injuries, the inconsistent play, teams creeping up on us and the fact that teams are now making deals to me suggests time may be of the essence.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced

agree with ipot, this team needs help both on the back and upfront....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yes, they could use an extra piece or two. But more importantly, they need to get back to Bruins hockey and there's no excuse for the guys who ARE on the ice. Lucic, Marchand, Pouliot, Campbell and Thornton up front need to move their feet and bang some bodies. Everyone on the blue line needs to bear down and knock some heads.

Yes, a trade will help...but it's not like a Knuble-type will come in on a white stallion and save the day. It has to happen with the guys already wearing the Black & Gold.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed.  We are very close to the point were adjustments need to be made.  Not major ones, but at some point soon PC may have to bring in NHL-roster forwards, particularly if Caron, Hennessy, and Hamill continue to be only marginally adequate. 

The Bruins have slipped from being "hard to play against" and that is a lot to ask of a rookie from Providence.  PC may be looking at guys who can help return the Bruins to being competitive throughout the game and more vexing to play against.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

For some reason, we always strugle with Minny. Hopefully that trend ends today !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Lose Today, PC's hand is forced:
    Can't let this go on much longer, Pitt and Flyers are now one point behind the B's and New jersey sits 2 points back. The cap room is there, and again, don't think a major deal is needed. this is still a very good team, I'm guessing they'd like to add a player or two without subtracting from the roster. The injuries, the inconsistent play, teams creeping up on us and the fact that teams are now making deals to me suggests time may be of the essence.
    Posted by kelvana33

Those teams might be a point or two behind but because they are in the same division as the Rangers they can't pass the Bruins in the seeding unless one of them takes over the lead from the Rangers, who are up 8 /9 pts on them. Division leaders get the first three seeds.

The two teams that can take over the 2nd seed are Florida and Ottawa. The Bruins are 4 pts up on Ottawa with 4 games in hand and 7 pts on Florida with 1 game in hand.

Agree that they can't continue to play they way they are, win one lose one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced:
    In Response to Lose Today, PC's hand is forced : Those teams might be a point or two behind but because they are in the same division as the Rangers they can't pass the Bruins in the seeding unless one of them takes over the lead from the Rangers, who are up 8 /9 pts on them. Division leaders get the first three seeds. The two teams that can take over the 2nd seed are Florida and Ottawa. The Bruins are 4 pts up on Ottawa with 4 games in hand and 7 pts on Florida with 1 game in hand. Agree that they can't continue to play they way they are, win one lose one. 
    Posted by winexpos

I'm fully aware of that, still just a sign of how we are falling back to the pack, and I think this team is too good to be neck and neck with the Flyers. Ottawa has 68, don't think they'll catch up, but would rather not stand pat and give them a chance. Injuries, cap room and been inconsistent for a month and a half, would like to see PC be more pro active like other teams.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced : That's what's bothering me.  If the Bs were in the Atlantic division, it would be a different story.  They've been really helped out the last 17 games by their weaker division.  But, it shouldn't be an objective to just coast for the 3rd seed.
    Posted by ipot

They pretty much have a lock on seccond seed, thanks to the relative weakness of Ottawa, TO, Florida, the Caps and Winnipeg. Those are the only teams that could realistically knock the Bruins out of second, and I don't see it happening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

They have to make a deal regardless of they win today, although I'll be shocked if they even score a goal.

They do not have an NHL competitve team right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

This team is right now have lost their confidence....the Bruins should be having their way with minny. A trade is not going to rectify the problems..I mean your the defending Stanley Cup champs for f ucks sake, start playing like it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The bruin are pretty much set in terms of making the playoffs and their seeding, and peverley and Horton will both likely be back before the playoffs. They have shown to be nearly unstoppable when healthy and focused. They don't need to make a deal. That said, I do think they should. They look vulnerable when they don't have a skilled scorer on the third line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The Bs totally bite right now.
    Yep, the loss of Horton and Peverley sure are factors but there's no excuse from the rest of the team at present. A trade of some kind might help but at this rate the realistic chances of any sort of repeat don't look good. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok, we're understandably not happy right now, but come on mattc, won't make the playoffs? Who is going to move up enough to knock them out? Winnipeg? The Islanders? They're in a funk, but they'll still most likely go insitting in the second seed and facing one of Toronto, Florida, Ottawa, Washington of Winnipeg in the first round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

mattc, Hamilton isn't going anywhere....  he's the B'S best prospect by far....

the rest could be had....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

wow, lose to a team that even it's announcers need a program to identify their own players....

this could get ugly in St. Louis.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The bruin are pretty much set in terms of making the playoffs and their seeding, and peverley and Horton will both likely be back before the playoffs. They have shown to be nearly unstoppable when healthy and focused. They don't need to make a deal. That said, I do think they should. They look vulnerable when they don't have a skilled scorer on the third line.
    Posted by OatesCam

SET? SET? You really need to look at the standings, they are 4 points from 7 th place.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Injuries are a key factor, no doubt.

But, does anyone think that maybe, just maybe, the whole TT thing has affected the cohesiveness of this team?  That their minds aren't 100% on hockey?

This team looked bulletproof in Nov-Dec.  But it seems like the troubles began just after the whole White House incident, and the team seems to be in a funk ever since.  Coincidence?  Obviously I don't see the team play games as regularly as you guys do, but I'm just puttin' it out there for discussion.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There are 22-25 games to play for almost all teams = 44-50 points at stake.   NO seeding is assured.  And when you play like s---t and other teams are picking it up, it complicates the matter.  9 point leads can be erased in a heartbeat. What mattters is that this team is completely discombobulated, and the bigger problem is that I saw the MENTAL frustration come to a boil today.   That's a bad thing.  They look like they are ready to throw it in.
    Posted by ipot

ipot - You're right.  The landscape of the standings can change quickly.  8 points between the Bruins and the 8th place Leafs is no cushion.  Some Leaf wins coupled with the B's continuing troubles and that lead can shrink.  The Jets are just 2 points behind Toronto and 1 point behind the Caps.  Never mind the Pens, NJ, Philly and Ottawa who are all breathing down the necks of the Bruins. 

Last night Joe Haggerty on THE FAN 590 said the Bruins' lacklustre play of late is due in part because they have no real incentive right now in February.  I was thinking they have to play their way out of the poor habits they've gradually allowed to creep into their game and the regular season is the place to do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The bruin are pretty much set in terms of making the playoffs and their seeding, and peverley and Horton will both likely be back before the playoffs. They have shown to be nearly unstoppable when healthy and focused. They don't need to make a deal. That said, I do think they should. They look vulnerable when they don't have a skilled scorer on the third line. Posted by OatesCam

Correct they but they will need to make a move(s) for some depth just in case of an injury during the playoffs. It is also almost assured that the Bruins will play Ottawa, Toronto or Winnipeg in the first round. If they finish 7th the Bs still play the Senators because Florida nor Washington will not pass either Boston nor Ottawa.

Anderson, Riemer nor Pavelec DO NOT put any fear into me when rating them against a healthy Bruins team. The only goalie in the East that could steal a 7 game series against Boston with Horton and Peverley is Lundqvist however they might not be in the Eastern Conference finals because it's the NHL playoffs.

Yawning at the same posters claiming the same thing I've heard on BDC the last three years this time of year "the Bruins are one and done". Predictable behavior on here per the norm when Boston aren't playing up to their potential.

Sections
Shortcuts