Lose Today, PC's hand is forced

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced

Would Ales Hemsky be a nice fit next to Krejci?  Did they play together pre-NHL?  Czech/Slovak leagues?  Could Chara have an impact?

Hemsky for a 2013 2nd rounder + prospect?  Do-able?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced:
    [QUOTE]There are 22-25 games to play for almost all teams = 44-50 points at stake.   NO seeding is assured.  And when you play like s---t and other teams are picking it up, it complicates the matter.  9 point leads can be erased in a heartbeat. What mattters is that this team is completely discombobulated, and the bigger problem is that I saw the MENTAL frustration come to a boil today.   That's a bad thing.  They look like they are ready to throw it in.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Ready to throw it in? Did you watch the Minnesota game? Are you telling me they lost because of lack of effort? They lost because they can't finish, plain and simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Hemsky plays a soft game and is fragile plus he's more of a playmaker than scorer....  not what the B'S need....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Would Ales Hemsky be a nice fit next to Krejci?  Did they play together pre-NHL?  Czech/Slovak leagues?  Could Chara have an impact? Hemsky for a 2013 2nd rounder + prospect?  Do-able?
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

They've never played together, not even internationally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Bruins will probably make the playoffs because their division is so bad but they wont make it out of round one if they keep this up. This doesn't look like their year. Making a trade for a stiff isn't going to help either. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoriabruinsfan. Show victoriabruinsfan's posts

Did anyone watch today's Red Wings game ?
    What a great team!!
    They do everything right, no flaws in their game,such a conflident tesm, almost picture perfect, they don't even have to hit or fight to win their games .

Another team that does EVERYTHING right and hate to say it because I hate them with a passion are the Canucks, they are on a role playing REALLY well.....

Bruins played better today then yesterday for sure with almost 50 shots on net.
    But for some reason they cannot "finish" , 5 on 5 or on the PP.... the talent is there so w_f?

We were supposed to be faster than last year when Recchi retired and added poulet and peverly , that may be true but are we better ??

We need a natural goal scorer, Nash would be nice but I don't think PC will give up what Columbus will want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins will probably make the playoffs because their division is so bad but they wont make it out of round one if they keep this up. This doesn't look like their year. Making a trade for a stiff isn't going to help either. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

This looks exactly like last year. Relax, they'll turn it around most likely - like last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I have a question. Can Hamilton be recalled for 5 games and Corvo sit in the box? He is so damn soft in the defensive corners that it must make Chara/Boychuck/McQuaid/Siedenberg sick watching him out there.

Maybe Doug could bring some skating and creativity and spark for a game or 3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Heck, I'd ask Recchi to come out of retirement at this point and push Seguin up with Looch and Krejci. That's where my level of desperation is with this team right now. At least Recchi would go to the net and get some garbage goals.

In all seriousness, the Bs might need to look at reshuffling the deck if this goes on for much longer. Nobody wants to break up the Bergeron line, but Seguin is in a bit of a slump anyway and Lucic looks like he's dragging his linemates up and down the ice all game. It's all about finish right now, and the likes of Krejci, Pouliot, Caron, Hamilton, Paille, Thornton and Campbell can't shoot it into the ocean off the end of a pier.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Pouliot
    Caron-Kelly-Paille
    Thornton-Hamilton-Campbell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Heck, I'd ask Recchi to come out of retirement at this point and push Seguin up with Looch and Krejci. That's where my level of desperation is with this team right now. At least Recchi would go to the net and get some garbage goals. In all seriousness, the Bs might need to look at reshuffling the deck if this goes on for much longer. Nobody wants to break up the Bergeron line, but Seguin is in a bit of a slump anyway and Lucic looks like he's dragging his linemates up and down the ice all game. It's all about finish right now, and the likes of Krejci, Pouliot, Caron, Hamilton, Paille, Thornton and Campbell can't shoot it into the ocean off the end of a pier. Lucic-Krejci-Seguin Marchand-Bergeron-Pouliot Caron-Kelly-Paille Thornton-Hamilton-Campbell

I sort of agree with you. That first line would have the chance to really shine. As for the second line, I think it would be worth a shot. When Pouliot replaced Marchand during his suspension, that line still looked pretty good.

And a small correction, I think you mean Hennessy and not Hamilton.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

PC is smart enough not to react emotionally to the recent malaise.  Not too different from last year, the team was swooning and he reacted with key pick-ups; Kelly, Peverley & Kaberle.

Still think the fundamental weakness in the roster are the spots skated by Corvo & Pouliot.  Minor moves by PC can sure things up in those spots, I would be satisfied with that, no major splash required.

The team's best players need to play like the best players.  The team is 4-6 in their last 10 and here is what you are getting from your top guys:
    Marchand: 2-4-6  -4
    Lucic: 3-2-5  -4
    Bergeron: 2-3-5 -2
    Chara: 1-4-5  -8
    Seguin: 1-2-3  -5
    Krejci: 1-1-2  -7
    Seidenberg: 1-1-2  -7

Flat out not good enough from this group. Improved play from these guys, the return of Horton/Peverley and a couple of minor moves gets them in a good spot for a playoff run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Please Beez, a small trade could make all the difference! Confidence is #1 and a new player coming in can shift things overnight. Just need a Recchi type voice and a solid D-man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lose Today, PC's hand is forced :
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Wow - haven't had enough coffee yet. Hennessey. Yeesh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The hand is not forced...a 4 pt. lead over Ottawa with a 3 game cushion...and a 7 pt lead over the Southeast leader...2nd seed still looks good IMHO.

--This team is not fighting for the 8th playoff spot and desperate like many others in the NHL.
    --The guys injured will come back (at least Peverley will) unless Horton becomes the next Savard. 
    --The goaltending is not the biggest question mark like many other teams--  i don't see much regression in TT's performance
    --Overall, they still look like a dominant (at least formidable) 5-on-5 team for the most part by getting tons of shots, puck possession, and offensive zone play.  There is no doubt it could be better with Horton and Peverley.  If anything, the defense has been more suspect as of late by coughing up the puck and giving up odd-man rushes
    --Special teams have sucked as of late giving up untimely PP goals and not scoring timely goals on the PP

Horton is the wild card here, and if it is known he will miss the playoffs, then they will need someone who can bury the puck consistently in the big games. This will require a big move.

Otherwise, they need to stay the course and do some tweaking (like last year) by adding a (shot blocking/hitting) D-Man and a depth forward (with speed/hitting) that will not kill the cap and give them future flexibilty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Well, since this post started there have been two losses. Claude is still fixated on his fancaphone neighbor Pouliot, giving him PP and 1st line duty, with zero positive results. Did anyone ever say that Claude is stubborn? Caron has demonstrated more responsibility and defensive awareness, as well as agressive corner work and checks. The baby B's have been producing more wins than losses lately, certainly Arneil or Camper could fill in as a sniper, but, neither one is the "veteran" that Claude desires. Time for another Neely heart to heart discussion ???

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts