1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Lost a Bruins fan...

jesus. that's absolutely awful.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

that picture brought me to tears.

RIP little one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

SO SAD ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What's really disturbing is that whomever the sicko(s) are that planned this heinous act, they KNEW that kids would be at the finish line area, waiting for their moms or dads to finish the race, and to congratulate them.  Kids were TARGETED.  

I honestly can't imagine how sick someone has to be to do something like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zebep57. Show zebep57's posts

I saw this on the tv earlier... gut wrenching,,He was so young so full of life... Martin hugs his Dad after Dad  just ran the race , Dad goes to get his Medal . Martin goes back to his family at the finish line. bomb goes off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You know I was wondering about the timing of the bombs - roughly 4 hours into the race when many of the recreational runners would be finishing.  The elite runners were long gone by then and for the most part, many families aren't even at the finish line when the elites finish - the stands and sidewalks on Boylston St. fill in a bit later.  This was definitely planned with causing maximum human suffering in mind.  Makes me sick.  RIP little man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As a father who's youngest son is the same age it saddens me on a deep level and I am now vowing to make extra time for all my boys in the future.

RIP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fletch, I saw his picture early today and I was/am pissed.  I know the anger has to be suppressed, there are other vicitms of terrorism in the world, but it makes the cliche "picture is worth a thousand words" more personally appropriate as I gaze at the image.  The fact he was a Bs fan is even more depressing.  Hockey community is of all ages and all are feel compassionate to this young fallen angel.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zebep57. Show zebep57's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

You know I was wondering about the timing of the bombs - roughly 4 hours into the race when many of the recreational runners would be finishing.  The elite runners were long gone by then and for the most part, many families aren't even at the finish line when the elites finish - the stands and sidewalks on Boylston St. fill in a bit later.  This was definitely planned with causing maximum human suffering in mind.  Makes me sick.  RIP little man.

Not to mention, but alot of runners from that last wave were running for charity

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

My wife has run races (though not at that level), so I've been that parent hanging out at the finish line with a couple of kids waiting to cheer.  I cannot articulate how awful I feel for his family.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The only thing surpassing my anger is the grief I feel for that little boy and his family. There are no words

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This picture won't help anyone feel better, but its another reminder that we lost one of ours yesterday.  Hope the Bruins do something for the family.  RIP Martin.

My heart breaks R.I.P. Martin. I will try to go on facebook and post something if possible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

We look at this picture and see a boy with his whole life ahead of him.  He's barely started.  And now he's gone.  Why?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

What an unbelievably senseless act. Cowardly, dispecable, gutless. I hope they capture who did it and real justice is served. Like others here, I'm sad, appalled and angry. Rest in peace Martin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

RIP, Martin. 

There are no words...     ugh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

I want to make whoever did this to sit on the same bomb and blow up its a$$!!!

words can't descride it...rest in peace little one and two others...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

This is Martin, 8. He died in the Boston bombing yesterday. He was at the finish line with his family, waiting for his dad to cross. His mother and little sister were catastrophically injured. He was the student of our dear friend, Rachel Moo. His message resonates powerfully today. My prayer is that we all live by Martin's words, paying tribute to his too-brief, but immeasurably valuable life by following his example. Martin Richard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I posted this to remind those calling for vengence that an eye for an eye only leaves everyone blind.
    RIP Martin, my thougths and prayers are with you and yours. Peace be with you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Lots of wonderful comments here.

Whatever kind of logic is eventually offered for this murder will be pathetic and insulting, but hopefully the response from the City, the team, and the Bruin fans will redeem this kid's brutal exit from this planet and shine a positive light on his short life.  He was dealt a cruel and unfair hand on Monday, so hopefully he'll get the star treatment from here on, and like a good teammate, someone can delivery a beating on the culprit for this cheapshot. 

I'm sure that picture is a reflection of any of us at that age, or perhaps our kids now.  I like the dream of a Richard jersey and a Stanley Cup coming together.  Wouldn't that be great?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Fletcher, sounds like they are close to catching the perpertrator(s) of this heinous crime.  For once, whomever they catch, I don't want to hear their name, their background, nothing about this scumbag(s) life.  I just want to know that they are caught and will be punished.  I know this is not the reality,  but in a perfect world, these guys would not/should not have their name smeared all over the media (almost) to the point of glorification. 

Instead, much like the wonderful person who started this thread, I want to hear more about the people who lost their lives.  I want to know their names, passions, etc...  

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Lots of wonderful comments here.

Whatever kind of logic is eventually offered for this murder will be pathetic and insulting, but hopefully the response from the City, the team, and the Bruin fans will redeem this kid's brutal exit from this planet and shine a positive light on his short life.  He was dealt a cruel and unfair hand on Monday, so hopefully he'll get the star treatment from here on, and like a good teammate, someone can delivery a beating on the culprit for this cheapshot. 

I'm sure that picture is a reflection of any of us at that age, or perhaps our kids now.  I like the dream of a Richard jersey and a Stanley Cup coming together.  Wouldn't that be great?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Here's a pic of the suspect. Hard to make out any distinguishing marks, can't even tell his ethnicity clearly, but maybe someone can recognize him and help the FBI catch the b@stard if he is the actual culprit.

https://twitter.com/GinoRedaTSN/status/325001003776737280/photo/1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Totally infuriates me -- RIP Martin -- You bring my life into perspective.

There probably isn't a fan on this board that wouldn't take pleasure in being the one who had the opportunity to pull the trigger on the scum that did this to you and your family. 

Sections
Shortcuts