Lost in all the stupidity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Lost in all the stupidity

The debut for the newest Bruin...I thought Krug had a pretty decent game...thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Lost in all the stupidity

Agreed. He didn't look out of place at all. Raises expectations for next year a bit does it not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not bad at all with 18:18 TOI so Julien definitely had Krug out there allot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Faster than Kampfer. Might have a future in the NHL. Probably doesn't in this year's playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Lost in all the stupidity":
    Not bad at all with 18:18 TOI so Julien definitely had Krug out there allot. Posted by SanDogBrewin
    I know it was only one, but the kid made some smart decisions out there, and he certainly wasn't caught doing the play by play,...ala Joe Corvo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Lost in all the stupidity:
    Faster than Kampfer. Might have a future in the NHL. Probably doesn't in this year's playoffs.
    Posted by OatesCam

Especially since he is ineligible to play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to "Re: Lost in all the stupidity": I know it was only one, but the kid made some smart decisions out there, and he certainly wasn't caught doing the play by play,...ala Joe Corvo
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Man Julien was pretty ball-sy putting both Uh oh and Krug out on the same shifts yikes. I was nervous when they were both scrambling with the fore-check bearing down on them. Krug handled that pressure well and almost potted a goal too boot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Was at the game and tried to watch the kid as much as I could. Good speed, good decision making in the D zone and despite several failed clearing attempts on one shift, he made the right decision every time. Made smart plays with the puck and honestly I think I'd rather see him than Corvo if it comes down to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Lost in all the stupidity : Man Julien was pretty ball-sy putting both Uh oh and Krug out on the same shifts yikes. I was nervous when they were both scrambling with the fore-check bearing down on them. Krug handled that pressure well and almost potted a goal too boot.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Probably CJ did not have too much of a choice with Boychuk (Krugs D partner I believe) going down. Best to ride it out than overplay Seidenberg and Chara which can further expose them to injury.

That said, Krug looked much more composed than Corvo so congrats to the kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to "Re: Lost in all the stupidity":
    In Response to Re: Lost in all the stupidity : Especially since he is ineligible to play. Posted by jaywall
    NCAA guy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Better than Corvo. And his size really concerns me... Ference is tough for his size and I see him get out-muscled enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Only 1 game, and Julien was careful with matchups as expected. That said, kid didnt look out of place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He did look more composed than Corvo. With his size he will clearly get out-muscled but he seemed to position himself pretty well and used his stick well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to "Re: Lost in all the stupidity": NCAA guy?
    Posted by nrguy

Yes, because NCAA free agents can't sign their contracts until after the deadline, like Turco, they are ineligible for the playoffs,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just got home from the game and VERY impressed by Krug
    * smart decisions
    * poise - no panic at all
    * played positionally very well

I think every pass he made was crisp and right on someone's stick.

I was impressed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes he had a pretty good game. Only negative was at times getting rid of the puck too fast and went to Penguin keeping it in the Bruins zone for some pressure. All normal though for his 1st NHL game against one of the best team in a game they must win.
    I loved his release towards the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

One thing I would have loved was to see Krug on the PP but then it dawned on me why Ward/Julien didn't put him on the PP.  THE BRUINS PP NEEDS PRACTICE FOR THE PLAYOFFS !!! With their playoff roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Looked pretty composed but his size is going to hurt him on D.

I didnt understand the whole thing about his signing... NBC was talking about the fact he "chose" Boston to sign with because of their history, and Engblom made a big deal about what a tough choice that was... but if he's so good, why was he undrafted?

And if he was undrafted because of his size, why was he a sought after free agent?  I dont get it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Looked pretty composed but his size is going to hurt him on D. I didnt understand the whole thing about his signing... NBC was talking about the fact he "chose" Boston to sign with because of their history, and Engblom made a big deal about what a tough choice that was... but if he's so good, why was he undrafted? And if he was undrafted because of his size, why was he a sought after free agent?  I dont get it.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Teams bypass players like this in the draft for the exact reason(s) you indicated (size). Obviously he showed with his good play in college that he earned a chance to show the scouts they were wrong and size hasn't hindered him in competing with bigger players.

Seems to happen more with smaller players then ones with size. Although players with size and the poor skating stigma attached to them also get bypassed sometimes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

I think he is a really good skater. Can get out of positions fast to make up for size. I wish he was just a liiitle bit bigger though. Kid impressed me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Only 1 game, and Julien was careful with matchups as expected. That said, kid didnt look out of place.
    Posted by kelvana33

Exactly my reaction kel.  I haven't seen enough to be excited and it seemed like they were going out of their way to give him safe simple passes all night.  And I never saw what I was really curious about -- can he clear out the front of the net when needed?  Can he move guys?

...but...he did not look out of place and his speed was noticeable.  He looked more confident than most new guys too.  Composed even.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Something I don't like to say...  but has anyone every thought of converting him to forward?  And have him play the point on the pp?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Something I don't like to say...  but has anyone every thought of converting him to forward?  And have him play the point on the pp?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Only a small sample so far in watching him, but his backskating looks almost stride prefect - shame to sacrafice that skill by putting him at forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Anyone who thinks "This kid is a waste of our emotions; he didn't get drafted for a reason" is way off. There's a good amount of players that are late bloomers as players.

Teddy Purcell, who was killing the B's in the playoffs last year, was undrafted until he signed with the Kings when he was 21.

Krug is the first defenseman since 1987 to lead the league in scoring.

Something tells me that this kid will have a pretty solid career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Anyone who thinks "This kid is a waste of our emotions; he didn't get drafted for a reason" is way off. There's a good amount of players that are late bloomers as players. Teddy Purcell, who was killing the B's in the playoffs last year, was undrafted until he signed with the Kings when he was 21. Krug is the first defenseman since 1987 to lead the league in scoring. Something tells me that this kid will have a pretty solid career.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Anyone who is completely willing to write off an NCAA kid because he went undrafted, just doesn't know much about hockey. It doesn't happen often, but there have been too many players like Joey Mullen, Dan Boyle, Brian Raflski, CuJo, Martin St. Louis, Ed Belfour, and Dwayne Roloson who have gone this exact same route to discount these types of signings out ofhand.

Sections
Shortcuts