Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today

In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today : OK, you're a wuss. Anyone who backs down from wearing their gear on the road needs to switch to girls' softball. I live 1000 miles from my B's now, so I see the majority of my B's games on the road.  I always, always wear my B's jersey no matter what rink Im in, just as Ive worn my Sox jersey at Yankee Stadium. Oddly, I have not had trouble at the Bell Center.  Ive had an occasional beer come my way in St Louis and Chicago, though. But you have to behave.  An opposing fan can root for his team, but if he gets abusive and instigates stuff, bad things will happen. I prefer to believe Boston fans will not bother anyone from Vancouver.  Enjoy the game, 'Nucks fans, and I hope your team doesn't win.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

+ 1

I agreee with SoxFanInIL 100%, couldn't have said it better myself. REAL BOSTON FANS DON'T BACK DOWN or SCARED TO WEAR THEIR COLORS IN other TEAMS VENUES. THEY ALSO DON"T PUT UP WITH NO CANUCK FANS AND GREEN MEN TALKING SMACK IN BOSTON.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today : + 1 I agreee with SoxFanInIL 100%, couldn't have said it better myself. REAL BOSTON FANS DON'T BACK DOWN or SCARED TO WEAR THEIR COLORS IN other TEAMS VENUES. THEY ALSO DON"T PUT UP WITH NO CANUCK FANS AND GREEN MEN TALKING SMACK IN BOSTON.
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]

But if they got the crap beaten out of them in said opposing rink for wearing their sweater, you'd be the first to talk about how the fans in that city are "classless" or "thugs", I'm sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AJF1129. Show AJF1129's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today : What are you a CANUCK fan? Did I hurt YOUR FEELINGS? Man, this is the STANLEY CUP FINALS, this aint Badminton, why are you all trying to make friends with the ENEMY! NOT ME, I"M ALL ABOUT BOSTON!
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]....no, and no. You said it yourself. Its the Stanley Cup Finals. not the colliseum in rome where gladiators fight to the death. And who said anything about making friends? It's about not getting into a lather because some fans are wearing gear around town. If they act up and instigate something, then there is usually a consequence. Merely walking around or, oh my, cheering for their team at the game is gonna get you so worked up, I would say again, get a life

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I was in Tampa for games 3 and 4. Trust me, the Bruins fans are not even close to as rough as Tampa fans are on their visitors. It was complete nastiness! I saw a half dozen fights, given the finger 10+ time and called an Effen A$$h@le a dozen times.  I am not a loud mouth fan, just cheered when they scored and drank a few beers while down there.  I was also in Montreal for game 1 & 2.  Tampa was much worse than Montreal, Boston is one of  the nicest city to be an opposing teams fans. Vancouver will enjoy their stay.  I just hope the Bruins wins both games!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emptyattic. Show emptyattic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today : What are you a CANUCK fan? Did I hurt YOUR FEELINGS? Man, this is the STANLEY CUP FINALS, this aint Badminton, why are you all trying to make friends with the ENEMY! NOT ME, I"M ALL ABOUT BOSTON!
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]

You do realize that its not actually YOU playing for the Cup, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seriously again guys, the fan in who threw the beer in reds was punished, unfortunateky theres one of them in every crowd. Depite all the tough words thrown out here none will affect the outcome of this game, the next game and so on. The truth is when all said and done there will be a winner and a runner up, not a loser. i have read many posts where Bs fan have sai, win or lose in the final were still proud of this team. Be adult about the fans from the other side and show the discipline that we all want to see in the games. Go Bs, tough it out and give us some more memories.
    Game On

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

[QUOTE]We are all very passionate fans for our teams (otherwise, why would we be here?), but that passion should be directed positively towards our team, and not negatively against fans of the opposing team. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

We're used to dealing with Canadiens from Montreal where (to quote Maxim Lapierre) they're taught to hate Boston.  So please forgive any Bruins fans who might forget this.  Not every Canadien team calls 911 when they lose...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lot's of Canuck fans in Boston today : next stop for U: golf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by 4FortheCup[/QUOTE]

Actually, n*mbnuts, they are both headed for golf. Its the finals. Sorry the Habs couldnt make it, but I hear Price birdied a pretty tough par 4, so grats..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4FortheCup. Show 4FortheCup's posts

so? we are proud to have him here in BC for the summer...he's home here.. but i heard he's spending time in Montreal...he's only 23 and a brilliant futur ahead of him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Everyone is worrying too much on one side or the other.  Boston is an international city with some transplants from everywhere.  There are probably 5000 college students from New Jersey here who all come to the Red Sox games and wear their Yankee gear.  If you're a Boston fan you're used to it.  No big deal.  Boston also has one of the best traveling fanbases of any city so we're often on the other side of this.  This past year I have been to Red Sox and Bruins games on the road and there were mobs of Boston fans there.  No reason other passionate fans can't come to Boston too.

That said, how you are treated often has an awful lot to do with how you act.  Boston has some rough fans and they are rightfully upset with the way things are going in this series.  Tensions are high.  It would not be smart to taunt the angry drunk Bruins fans in your section.

Visiting fans come to Boston all the time -- if you don't act like a jerk and make a spectacle of yourself you should be just fine.  If Vancouver fans act the way some of their fans are on this board, things might not go well for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Do you guys actually believe this BostonIrishGuy is real?  He has 8 posts

Probably just another Canadian fan is disguse, trying to make us look bad

Ignore him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE] Sports Jihad. Hilarious !!
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Post of the thread!  A+

Sections