Loui and Iginla vs. Horton and Sequin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Loui and Iginla vs. Horton and Sequin

Wow this is a no brainer. Give me the two players coming on board 10 out of 10x! Looking forward to a Horton/Iggy round 2. Go get em Iggy! You never know with Horton's injury history and inconsistent effort and Sequin's refusal to go into the corners and inconsistent effort as well. How psyched is Claude with these 2 acquisitions. No more babysitting Sequin and wondering where his top line right winger is every other night. Nice job Peter!!! picking up 2 ultimate professional to plug into a very professional team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Loui and Iginla vs. Horton and Sequin

easy rick, it's a long road to lifting Lord Stanley...

but, I'm psyched too!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

Wow this is a no brainer. Give me the two players coming on board 10 out of 10x! Looking forward to a Horton/Iggy round 2. Go get em Iggy! You never know with Horton's injury history and inconsistent effort and Sequin's refusal to go into the corners and inconsistent effort as well. How psyched is Claude with these 2 acquisitions. No more babysitting Sequin and wondering where his top line right winger is every other night. Nice job Peter!!! picking up 2 ultimate professional to plug into a very professional team.

Agreed........100%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Loui Erickson is the gem in all these transactions and is one of the most underrated players in the NHL because he isn't noticed back east because where was playing. this guy is a real solid two way player with good size and speed with 35 goal 80 point potential...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would take Horton and Seguin.  Especially next year as Seguin comes into his own.  But the new duo is certainly a solid replacement.  It could be argued that Eriksson is the best of the bunch at this moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

...just to add though, when you factor in Salary Cap, the new pair are better because you get more value/dollar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I would take Horton and Seguin.  Especially next year as Seguin comes into his own.  But the new duo is certainly a solid replacement.  It could be argued that Eriksson is the best of the bunch at this moment.

We'll see, no guarantee. We know what we'll get with Loui & Iggy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Iggy is a lot better than Horton!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No doubt there will be a gazzilion threads comparing all of them starting in October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No doubt there will be a gazzilion threads comparing all of them starting in October.

It'll put Kessel/Seguin in the rearview mirror pretty quick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Thats how i feel.  I love iggy was never fond of horton.  Loui could be a steal.  Seguin is gonna get lots of time to shine with benn on his side.  Probably cole or whitney as well.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Iggy is a lot better than Horton!!!!!!!!

See I go the opposite rather have Iginla over Jagr then Eriksson over Horton . We will see Loul playoffs stats compare to horton will find out. Plus PC can take some of those prospects ( Seguin deal)and package them up at the deadline and look for help that the team may need. PC did a good job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Iggy will out perform Horton regardless,  because Horts said today he'll be out 4-6 months after his surgery next wk. Seguin won't be playing with Benn unless its the PP. Dallas should have 4 great centermen. Benn, Seguin, Peverly and Cody Eakins. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If anyone made this trade up in here 3 weeks ago it would have been laughed off like no other thread.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm still laughing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If anyone made this trade up in here 3 weeks ago it would have been laughed off like no other thread.   

True shupe but Horton really forced PC to do something.  One could say Horty screwed over the B's worse than TT did (solely from a lineup perspective if you know what I mean...I don't fault NaHo for taking his deal in Columbus one bit).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

Kind of glad to see some changes,was afraid Bruins would kind of go through the motions for the reg season,waiting for the playoffs,worse than cup hang over.like to see a couple of Prov or Junior prospects on team also,need to develop some players,Surely with the way Krug,and even Bortowski stepped in for them,they must have a forward or 2 that could play for them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

It'll put Kessel/Seguin in the rearview mirror pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

We still have Hamilton and Knight Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

San, don't leave out Loui, Morrow, etc.  Chiarelli at his best

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Eriksson     $4.25M

Iginla         $1.8M

$6.05M in Salary (not incl. bonuses) that affects this year's cap.

Seguin        $5.75M against this year's cap.

Bruins have two top 6 RWs for Seguin's money plus less than the league minimum.

It's conceivable that those two RWs score 55+ goals combined.  I don't think Seguin is a 50 goal scorer next year or the year after, though the day may come.  So in terms of what the Bruins will ice next year in an attempt to defend their EC title and take that last step?  I think this makes them better than where they were with a still-developing Seguin and a less-than-committed Horton if he'd come back.

Are you not entertained?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

It'll put Kessel/Seguin in the rearview mirror pretty quick.

We still have Hamilton and Knight Smile

[/QUOTE]

...and Eriksson's acquisition can still be considered an off shoot of the Kessel trade - without Seguin we couldn't have traded for Loui.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

True shupe but Horton really forced PC to do something.  One could say Horty screwed over the B's worse than TT did (solely from a lineup perspective if you know what I mean...I don't fault NaHo for taking his deal in Columbus one bit).

Hang, I'm just glad Horton gave PC some notice he wouldn't be returning. Alfie told the Sens about an hour before free agency started. I bet Murray would've liked to know at the draft so he could've had the chance to trade for a replacement. Ryan is good but he doesn't replace Alfie and Silverberg. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hang, I'm just glad Horton gave PC some notice he wouldn't be returning. Alfie told the Sens about an hour before free agency started. I bet Murray would've liked to know at the draft so he could've had the chance to trade for a replacement. Ryan is good but he doesn't replace Alfie and Silverberg. 

All true dez and it makes you wonder if Horton had decided to stay, would Seguin still be here???  I say yes because without Horton PC didn't like his top six so he decided he had to make a move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

San, don't leave out Loui, Morrow, etc.  Chiarelli at his best

I'm telling you Bogie, hockey fans are going to look back on this trade and proclaim "PC raked it". No matter how many goals Seguin scores in Dallas.

Oh and if you add Rask and Bergerons cap hit for next year at $12M (even $13M) that still leaves $7M for Seidenberg, Krug and Svedberg. Now if you figure in the cap going up $2M-$4M PC will be fine and still have Savard's LTIR.

Seidenberg or Boychuk could be an odd man out depending on what happens with Morrow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's had Thomas under contract for one more year.  He decided he wasn't going to show up.

Horton's contract expired.  He let everyone know he was going elsewhere. 

How did Horton screw the Bruins?

Sections
Shortcuts