Love Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Love Boston

I've been in Florida since the 12th. Last Wednesday we went to universal and I met four families from the Boston area, when they saw my Bruins hat they all came up to me at one time or another and asked me where I was from, what teams I follow (all Boston of course) and were most friendly and genuinely interested in my story. Same as every time I have visited Boston. 

All felt guilty about being here this week instead of home and we all welled up every time we spoke about this weeks events. 

Being from Canada and being fortunate to live in a province that borders Maine I feel like an honorary New Englander!  I watched the Red Sox pre game today and had a hard time keeping it together. I love Boston and New England and I love the Bruins!

Sorry for rambling. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Love Boston

Boston sports fans are universal.  If you were wearing a NY team, it would be "there's another fan".  With us, it's, "Hey, there's a B's/Sox/Pats/Celts fan.  How's it going?"

Good stuff, Nola.  I'm in South Florida this week and next.  The weather's pretty good, huh?  I'm hoping to transfer here permanently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Boston sports fans are universal.  If you were wearing a NY team, it would be "there's another fan".  With us, it's, "Hey, there's a B's/Sox/Pats/Celts fan.  How's it going?"

Good stuff, Nola.  I'm in South Florida this week and next.  The weather's pretty good, huh?  I'm hoping to transfer here permanently.

Gotta agree on both fronts...the guy from Chelsea said the same thing, it's like a kinship or fraternity, people who r part of it understand it completely. We are in that Sarasota area...high 80's all week.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Unreal, just talked to a "Southie" on the beach, after we talked, same as above, he gave me his email and said he'd be proud to hook me up with his season tickets to the Bruins or Sox next time I'm visiting. Class act.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

You have no idea how many bruins fans there really are throut canada, i have lived my life in a small community in eastern ontario, I personally know 100 fans from this area, it just seems so normal almost like boston is or has been in our sporting life here forever,

My eyes were stuck on cnn almost 24/7 for 5 days, and since the last heroic day of the last capture, i found this huge sense of pride of being a boston fan since age 5. The people in Boston are 2nd to none along with all the authoritys involved in the capture. My life long dream is to visit boston and watch a Bs game, and ill make it happen soon.

Thankyou Boston and the greatestsport fans in the world for being a part of my life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Being from New Brunswick, which borders Maine, I've been a Boston fan since I can remember. I grew up 2 miles from the border close to Loring Air Force Base. Lots of relatives and friends in Boston. We got our sports fix through Maine tv channels, other than Hockey Night in Canada. In brief, pretty Bostonized all around. I have a cousin living in Cambridge and she was involved as a near miss (luckily) in last week's events.

All this to say the city is close to my heart, you've been in my thougths and prayers and I wish you all a return to normalcy. Boston Strong!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You definitely find some cool bonds around the country, and world, with Boston sports fans.  I'm from Mass but have been in Denver for 10 years now.  I currently play hockey on a men's team with guys I have met here from Dorchester, Worcester, Woburn, and Concord, NH.  There are three or four bars in Denver with strong Boston affiliations.  I watched the Bruins win the Cup in one of them and the bartenders were standing on the bar spraying champagne all over.  Sox, Pats, and Bruins fans always pack the Denver stadiums with a big visiting presence.  It's cool - sometimes more fun then seeing home games because of the visiting comradery.  This week you're seeing peple everywhere around the city wearing Boston stuff after the bombings.  Love it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:

Being from New Brunswick, which borders Maine, I've been a Boston fan since I can remember. I grew up 2 miles from the border close to Loring Air Force Base. Lots of relatives and friends in Boston. We got our sports fix through Maine tv channels, other than Hockey Night in Canada. In brief, pretty Bostonized all around. I have a cousin living in Cambridge and she was involved as a near miss (luckily) in last week's events.

All this to say the city is close to my heart, you've been in my thougths and prayers and I wish you all a return to normalcy. Boston Strong!

You no doubt watched Eddie Driscoll do the "Great Money Movie"...I know I did.

In New Brunswick people cheer for three teams, Bruins, Habs and Leafs, I have always followed the only one that matters...Go Bruins!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:

You no doubt watched Eddie Driscoll do the "Great Money Movie"...I know I did.

In New Brunswick people cheer for three teams, Bruins, Habs and Leafs, I have always followed the only one that matters...Go Bruins!

"I'll put it on faw ya".

Sections
Shortcuts