LoveRealHockey back for a visit to say hello and looking forward to talking hockey again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

LoveRealHockey back for a visit to say hello and looking forward to talking hockey again

Well my Leafs won't be going 48-0 after all.  They look better then last year but still a struggle to make the playoffs even in this shorten season.  Goaltending is very suspect right now, scoring should be fine, team touchness could be better, coaching looks better, and not having Burke making outrageous comments should help.  The pipeline is looking better and they will have lots of cap space starting next year, so I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel (what's our chances of landing Perry and Getzlaf as free agents next year?)

Your Bruins should be favorities this year to go all the way.  Rask looks really good in the early going and you remain one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Sabres added some grit, but Miller killed us again in the nets, but I don't think they match up well with the Bruins.  Ottawa looks good to me so far, Montreal is a disaster (especially if they don't sign Subban), Rangers and Philly took a step back in my opinion.  Pittsburg looks great, and I can't guage Washington in the early going.

Good luck and look forward to talking hockey in this shorten season.

P.S.  I find the format here a bit annoying, particularly when you reply to previous posts, having to look at the whole chain of responses.  Oh well.  Still enjoy reading NAS, StanleyCup is funny as always, BadHab even with the all that leaf hate :), Chowdahkid (good insight on the junior circuit), perrysound, shuperman (one of my favorites reads), BookBoy, SanDog and a bunch of others that I've forgotten at the moment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: LoveRealHockey back for a visit to say hello and looking forward to talking hockey again

I meant toughness not touchness (although I think the Leafs might be better a touching then at toughing :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: LoveRealHockey back for a visit to say hello and looking forward to talking hockey again

Welcome back LRH. Everything you wrote was correct except that Stanley is funny.  He's not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

Well my Leafs won't be going 48-0 after all.  They look better then last year but still a struggle to make the playoffs even in this shorten season.  Goaltending is very suspect right now, scoring should be fine, team touchness could be better, coaching looks better, and not having Burke making outrageous comments should help.  The pipeline is looking better and they will have lots of cap space starting next year, so I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel (what's our chances of landing Perry and Getzlaf as free agents next year?)

Your Bruins should be favorities this year to go all the way.  Rask looks really good in the early going and you remain one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Sabres added some grit, but Miller killed us again in the nets, but I don't think they match up well with the Bruins.  Ottawa looks good to me so far, Montreal is a disaster (especially if they don't sign Subban), Rangers and Philly took a step back in my opinion.  Pittsburg looks great, and I can't guage Washington in the early going.

P.S.  I find the format here a bit annoying, particularly when you reply to previous posts, having to look at the whole chain of responses.  Oh well.  Still enjoy reading NAS, StanleyCup is funny as always, BadHab even with the all that leaf hate :), Chowdahkid (good insight on the junior circuit), perrysound, shuperman (one of my favorites reads), BookBoy, SanDog and a bunch of others that I've forgotten at the moment.

Welcome back !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good to hear from you LRH!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bring some more fans over! Leaf fans or whomever. Welcome back!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good to hear ya.  Last night i was rooting for your Leafs, they almost did it.  They made Miller look good, too many perimeter shots. They looked like the Bruins in the playoffs last year against the Caps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Good to hear ya.  Last night i was rooting for your Leafs, they almost did it.  They made Miller look good, too many perimeter shots. They looked like the Bruins in the playoffs last year against the Caps.

Me too BsL. I make no secret of the Leafs being the other team I cheer for. Now that the Kessel trade is done and Burke is finally gone I have no problems pulling for the Leafs. I hope they make the playoffs as there are plenty of teams in the East that I hate ahead of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHab gets showed some long overdue loving.

Once the Leafs part ways with Kessel, Phaneuf and Komisarek I will find some warmth for them, too.  At least Burke is out of the way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Welcome back.  I'll admit that it is nice to not have to root vehemently against the Leafs due to pending draft picks anymore.  I've never really disliked the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Welcome back LRH. You've made it hard for most of us to completely hate the Leafs because you're reasonable fan and a good dude. Thanks for beating the Scabs in the opener! Love the TO uni too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Hey thanks for all the welcome back posts.

We are at least united in our hate for the habs (hey is Kennedy still around this forum?), flyers and Sabres.

I also hate the Senators, for what it's worth (particularly Alfredsson).

Watching the Bruins, I have to say I miss Tim in the net.  I know there's been a lot of hate for what he did recently, not playing this year, his political views etc.  But I really enjoyed watching him play net and as good as Rask is, it will be a tough act to follow when the Bruins play in the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Welcome back LRH, always appreciate your insights as a non-Bruins fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Welcome back, LHR. Always enjoy your comments. Give us the lowdown on your Leafs. I think a shortened season helps their chances. Is Scrivens gonna end up your #1?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Spare me!

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

BadHab gets showed some long overdue loving.

Once the Leafs part ways with Kessel, Phaneuf and Komisarek I will find some warmth for them, too.  At least Burke is out of the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was hoping to hear from you, LRH.  You're a welsome addition to this forum.  What are you thoughts on the Burke firing?  Were you surprised? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hey LRH , good to hear from you... I have been away for a bit as well.. Couldn't agree with you more on the new forum here.. Really don't like it.. It is what it is..I enjoy talking Bruins with the good posters on here...

As for your Leafs squad.. See, what happens when you bring up the AHL kids who are hungry for the big show.. I get to quite a few Marlie games in the season and have wondered why some of these kids did not get the opportunity they deserve.. now that Burke is finally gone , you might have a decent team in the making... At least they are working hard.. Carlyle is a good coach and looks like he is willing to give the youngsters a shot... Hope Nonis does not deal for Luongo..

6 more months to go to buy out Komiserak... I am sure they can spend that money more wisely..

Sections
Shortcuts