Lucic a healthy scratch ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Lucic a healthy scratch ??

as per some of the twitter insiders (seen wearing the green at practice)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Lucic a healthy scratch ??

Might be a good thing for him... is there any way we can make the coaching staff a healthy scratch for a couple games?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

With a handful of games left, its good to give a few a night off, hopefully it works to get those few back into there game mindset.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The way claude has jumbled the lines in order to find a compatability for jagr, seems to have confused more than helped. Maybe Jagr needs to be on a line by himself because he doesn't fit with Claude's defensive schemes, so give him Campbell and thornton, and let him roam as he wants. Even with top line players most of Jagrs shots are not picking the corners or the openings that usually provide goals; his wide turns, all over the ice, are not consistent or planned to support anyone else, but Jagr. He does have skills, but he has not adjusted anything to fit in with the Bruins team effort. even on the PP Claude has not found the rightstructure, especially with jagr on the point where he doesn't have the speed, and since he doesn't use a slap shot ,since his effectiveness seems to be from the half wall and in, the coach needs to improvise a better attack plan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The way claude has jumbled the lines in order to find a compatability for jagr, seems to have confused more than helped. Maybe Jagr needs to be on a line by himself because he doesn't fit with Claude's defensive schemes, so give him Campbell and thornton, and let him roam as he wants. Even with top line players most of Jagrs shots are not picking the corners or the openings that usually provide goals; his wide turns, all over the ice, are not consistent or planned to support anyone else, but Jagr. He does have skills, but he has not adjusted anything to fit in with the Bruins team effort. even on the PP Claude has not found the rightstructure, especially with jagr on the point where he doesn't have the speed, and since he doesn't use a slap shot ,since his effectiveness seems to be from the half wall and in, the coach needs to improvise a better attack plan.

And this has what to do with the fact that Lucic might be a scratch?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Lucic is an up and down "tank" who is trying to help " feed" Jagr. He's having less success; he has lost his comfort zone; He very well could be trying to "think' too much, as is every other linemate who claude has tried with jagr. Lucic is not the brightest bulb on the roster, and maybe more effected by failure than others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good.  Give the big guy a rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Lucic is an up and down "tank" who is trying to help " feed" Jagr. He's having less success; he has lost his comfort zone; He very well could be trying to "think' too much, as is every other linemate who claude has tried with jagr. Lucic is not the brightest bulb on the roster, and maybe more effected by failure than others.

Lucic was playing like a slug before Jagr got here. Matter of fact, it's been almost the entire season. If trying to "feed" Jagr is too much for him, how about throwing a body check or getting into someones face? How about burying a puck into a wide open net after a Seguin feed last night. It's hard not to notice that when a scrum breaks out he now puts his head down and skates away. I think a lot of us are trying to figure out what is in his comfort zone. He brings nothing to this team right now. Let him sit/rest for a few games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Can they scratch about 12 others, too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea 'bogie6' the problem with Lucic isn't Jagr (the only guy consistently generating 5-6 offensive chances a game). The problem with Lucic might be Julien, but I doubt it. I haven't loved Julien's decision-making lately, but Julien's been looking (some would say to a fault) for any possible way to not have a problem with Lucic, to have to worry about him.

The problem with Lucic his him. He should be Superman for the B's right now. He could OWN Boston right now, if he wanted to - especially now when Boston (the city) is so desperately looking for a guy to take things on his shoulders, a hero, a leader. He's still young, but he has to accept - no - SEIZE a leadership role on this team. The Bruins identity depends on it. As goes Milan Lucic so go the Bruins - Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Peverley - all these guys are looking to him, NEED him to set the pace, the standard, the ethic. Surely he can see this?

He's either unable to do - or unaware of - what is needed from him. I can't believe he can't see what is available to him, what is possible for him, hence the Bruins.

He is either conserving energy or lacking it. It makes him look at best uninspired, unegaged - at worst tired, lost.

If he is injured, he should get it looked after. Now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien tends to try n let his veterans play out of their slumps ala Ryder. Most coaches by now would have sat him. The alternative for Lucic when trying to wrap up a second seed, which I think PC and Claude want badly, is not good so he keeps playing.

Milan defenitely sits one game the last weekend if the 2nd seed is wrapped up. He should have sat a long, long time ago though this is true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Gord ~ good post.

http://nesn.com/2013/04/bruins-again-shake-up-lines-at-practice-milan-lucic-may-be-out-of-lineup-friday/

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

'jaymiller'

according to that NESN article

here are the line combos Julien was trying today:

Brad Marchand — Patrice Bergeron — Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille — David Krejci — Nathan Horton
    Carl Soderberg — Chris Kelly — Jaromir Jagr
    Rich Peverley — Gregory Campbell — Shawn Thornton

Ugh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Julien tends to try n let his veterans play out of their slumps ala Ryder. Most coaches by now would have sat him. The alternative for Lucic when trying to wrap up a second seed, which I think PC and Claude want badly, is not good so he keeps playing.

Milan defenitely sits one game the last weekend if the 2nd seed is wrapped up. He should have sat a long, long time ago though this is true.

If I remember right, didn't CJ bench Glyder Ryder for a few games not long before the Cup run started ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If I remember right, didn't CJ bench Glyder Ryder for a few games not long before the Cup run started ?

Yes Stuke, he did indeed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

'jaymiller'

according to that NESN article

here are the line combos Julien was trying today:

Brad Marchand — Patrice Bergeron — Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille — David Krejci — Nathan Horton
    Carl Soderberg — Chris Kelly — Jaromir Jagr
    Rich Peverley — Gregory Campbell — Shawn Thornton

Ugh.

Is CJ drawing names out of a hat this late in the season? Be interesting to know what's going through the players minds. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

hes earned at least one game off, heck he doesnt do anything on the ice anyway why play him at all. i used to be a huge fan of his game but it has completely disappeared, all of it

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

I remeber the one game Julien did sit Glyder and Milbury came on NESN with "Hallelujah it's about time!". It was long overdue as Lucic's will be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

surpised he didn't break out last night after playing with Thornton and Peverly. That should really get him going. Either that or he could have played with Jagr and Krejci...wait...that spot was taken by the guy who tallied 56 goals in the last two seasons...right? Nope - my bad that was Lucic who did that not Campbell. Yep, upstairs for you big boy, watch soupy work his magic with Jaromir from the press box, that will get you goin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I don't think Juliene gets it.  I'm the first to say to demote Lucic but to put him on the 4th lastnight was  an insult.  Third line would have been good enough.  Now if its true he's putting Paille on the second line is a joke.  To me its simple, 

1) don't tinker with what has worked.  Second line should be Marchand, Bergy, Seguin

2)  Add Jagr on the first line with Krejci and Horton (or Lucic)

3) Put Kelly, Sods and Lucic (or Horton) on the third

4)  Paille, Campbell and Peverly on the 4th.  

Depending on how Sods plays in the next 3 games he can be shuffled around but please don't move 4rth line guys to the first and second lines.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

MattBs,  I have had a hard time figuring out who is the B's 3rd or 4th line all year.  When it was Campbell, Paille, and Thornton it was considerably better than the "3rd line".  With the addition of Jagr, the better play of Campbell and Paille, and possible Soderberg...many of these guys could be interchangebable in as far as who is 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line.  For me, it is about pairings and not lines.  I liked Krejci with Jagr last night...Bergeron with Marchand, etc...  People make too much about lines when it is pairings that should be emphasized.... Think Gretzky-Kurri-Firehydrant, Messier-Anderson-Mymomma.  It's a bonus when you can get a whole line going but pairing like Middleton-Pederson are just fine, just get a complementary player to fill in.  

In response to mattbs' comment:

I don't think Juliene gets it.  I'm the first to say to demote Lucic but to put him on the 4th lastnight was  an insult.  Third line would have been good enough.  Now if its true he's putting Paille on the second line is a joke.  To me its simple, 

1) don't tinker with what has worked.  Second line should be Marchand, Bergy, Seguin

2)  Add Jagr on the first line with Krejci and Horton (or Lucic)

3) Put Kelly, Sods and Lucic (or Horton) on the third

4)  Paille, Campbell and Peverly on the 4th.  

Depending on how Sods plays in the next 3 games he can be shuffled around but please don't move 4rth line guys to the first and second lines.... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

On one hand I'd hate to see him benched because he's one of my favorite Bruins, but ont he other hand, it seems they've tried everything and it's not working.

I do believe though that his game is going to come around at just the right time and he will have a monster playoffs. Watch how contagious it is too, this team is going to breakout, the lines are going to come together and they are poised for a deep run.

25. This post has been removed.