Lucic and Dumb Penalties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Lucic and Dumb Penalties

In the Buffalo game Lucic got sent off for drilling a player head first into the boards after a delayed penalty had been signalled against Chara. Buffalo scored with the 2 man advantage and the momentum of the game changed from 3-1 Bruins to 3-2 and the game went downhill from there. Last night Lucic got 2 more penalties against one of the best PP teams in the NHL and Montreal scored the first goal of the game with him in the box. I can see playing tough but the penalties for high stick and slashing looked just plain stupid. My sense is that he's got to think more about the team than about petty retaliations. Just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Lucic and Dumb Penalties

Taking bad penalties is not good, Playing without emotion is worse. No problem with Milan -imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Taking bad penalties is not good, Playing without emotion is worse. No problem with Milan -imo

Same here, he's a physical player who plays with emotion. They were not physical last night in the first period, and much of the second at all. I like when he plays with a little snarl..Comes with the package.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Not to nit-pick but the order of the penalities was the other way around. Z took a lazy penalty after Lucic got his boarding call. I would say the slashing call against Lucic was weak and the high-sticking call was just bad luck. He probably does that same move 10 other times a game and doesn't catch someone with a stick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

We saw one replay of the high stick where it looked like a dive. i would like to have seen that angle again in slo mo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lucic should know better than to fall for the Shabs behind the play stick work. Milans wack onto Markov's leg was as dumb a penalty as you can get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Not to nit-pick but the order of the penalities was the other way around. Z took a lazy penalty after Lucic got his boarding call. I would say the slashing call against Lucic was weak and the high-sticking call was just bad luck. He probably does that same move 10 other times a game and doesn't catch someone with a stick.

Hi, Can you check it out again? In the Sabres game I'm pretty sure that Chara had the 1st penalty called on him, which was the delayed call, and then Lucic drove the defender head first into the boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Hi, Can you check it out again? In the Sabres game I'm pretty sure that Chara had the 1st penalty called on him, which was the delayed call, and then Lucic drove the defender head first into the boards.

You're 100% wrong with your recollection. Lucic was given a garbage penalty for boarding and then Chara took a 2nd penalty for holding Vanek as he attempted to get to the front of the net with the puck.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/GS020092.HTM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In the Buffalo game Lucic got sent off for drilling a player head first into the boards after a delayed penalty had been signalled against Chara. Buffalo scored with the 2 man advantage and the momentum of the game changed from 3-1 Bruins to 3-2 and the game went downhill from there. Last night Lucic got 2 more penalties against one of the best PP teams in the NHL and Montreal scored the first goal of the game with him in the box. I can see playing tough but the penalties for high stick and slashing looked just plain stupid. My sense is that he's got to think more about the team than about petty retaliations. Just my opinion.

So, in your opinion, should we get rid of Lucic? What's your point?

I'm sure your parents had the same thoughts about you - but they didn't get rid of you. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I doubt everything you did thrilled them, either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

That high stick looked like a dive and Lucic's slash was as ticky tak as you can get. The guy has to play smarter but you can't hate him cause the SHabs dive all over the place. Lucic has to be smarter but I think those were both bad calls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Lucic playing physical is exactly what i want out of him. If a player flops here and there and he gets a penalty owell, the bruins will live.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, in your opinion, should we get rid of Lucic? What's your point?

I'm sure your parents had the same thoughts about you - but they didn't get rid of you. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I doubt everything you did thrilled them, 

Who said we had to get rid of the guy----they were just dumb penalties.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Personally I don't care about his penalties as much as I care about his defensive zone turnovers.  Not sure if it's him or if it's his linemates not being where they should be??  But this has been going on for too long IMO.  Still think he's a great talent though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It would be nice if Lucic took less bad penalties.  But not if he tries to play safe and conservative.  Everything we like about him comes from playing mean and aggressive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Lucic will be a mark target by refs just because his style of hockey. He will take pens. at the wrong time.

Lets see how the first line will play with no Lucic !!!!!! ( Peverly Krejci and Horton). The 2nd line will have to be the best line tonight. Hopefully this will be a Peverly wake up call. Good thing Pandolfo was sign we will need his experience tonight. Bourque Junior will need to step up this road trip or he could be put on re-entry waivers or better yet our new 13th forward once Looch returns.

My three players to watch tonight will be Pandolfo, Peverly and Bourque these are three players I exspect to step up a notch. Also Seguin will have to get back into being the Seguin of last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah its a contact sport. he's a strong dude.

Plenty of "huh?" calls this short season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

yeah its a contact sport. he's a strong dude.

Plenty of "huh?" calls this short season.

That's what I've been seeing also. Lucic's going to take some penalties when he's being aggressive but that's the trade-off. So far he's near the top of the league in hits per game. He's also been the best Bruins forward in a couple of the wins. I'd be more concerned if he was in the running for the Lady Byng and the team was 2-8.

Sections
Shortcuts