Lucic Boarding Penalty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

Lucic Boarding Penalty

I'm sorry, but if that penalty they called on Lucic is boarding then they might as well just remove checking entirely from the game.  I'm all for protecting players on certain hits but that was not a penalty and the game gets tied on a PP goal because of it.  Let em' play!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Lucic Boarding Penalty

dang,

I agree, but there are a majority of homers here that think every hit on a Bruin players deserves suspension.  Clean hockey hits like Scott Stevens used to throw are now off limits.  Half the time its the player that is getting hit that should be given a penalty.  Turning numbers and facing the board, skating up the ice backwards to get a breakout pass.  I mean these players were taught at the earliest level to keep your head up and brace yourself against the boards to take a hit.  Knee shots have been replaced by head shots.  Blah blah blah.

I agree...let em play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

My only problem with this call is that Kaletla threw the same hit on Ference. If they are going to call the penalty call it on both guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Boarding Penalty:
    [QUOTE]dang, I agree, but there are a majority of homers here that think every hit on a Bruin players deserves suspension.  Clean hockey hits like Scott Stevens used to throw are now off limits.  Half the time its the player that is getting hit that should be given a penalty.  Turning numbers and facing the board, skating up the ice backwards to get a breakout pass.  I mean these players were taught at the earliest level to keep your head up and brace yourself against the boards to take a hit.  Knee shots have been replaced by head shots.  Blah blah blah. I agree...let em play
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I hate the "You Can't Touch Me" play.  So many guys do it now, it doesn't even stick out.  Example:  A player is by the boards with or about to receive the puck.  He turns and faces the boards, putting himself in a terribly vulnerable position.  But wait!  He's fine because he can't be hit like that.  He has the Bettman Bubble around him.

Seguin does it almost every shift.  Makes me sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Boarding Penalty : I hate the "You Can't Touch Me" play.  So many guys do it now, it doesn't even stick out.  Example:  A player is by the boards with or about to receive the puck.  He turns and faces the boards, putting himself in a terribly vulnerable position.  But wait!  He's fine because he can't be hit like that.  He has the Bettman Bubble around him. Seguin does it almost every shift.  Makes me sick.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

N-O-T

Have we agreed on something?  Haha. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Lucic call was a bad one. What was the final story on the unsportsmanlike at the end of the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]N-O-T Have we agreed on something?  Haha. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think we grew up played and watching at the same time.  We agree on a lot.  None of it is fun conversation, however!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

My sons and I watched the game last night and were equally baffled by the call...we did not see a penalty...
    I'll ride the ups and downs of the season, but right now is pretty low in my book. It is NOT the Christmas break yet! A very boring game other than brief spurts...PASSION?
    Would it be possible for Cam to start leading the team practices? Bring in a few of the "old guard" for help...
    I believe a team reflects the leadership it is provided. Limp, lifeless, no creativity...ugh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

DC. Looch got the usc for calling thr ref a joke. He was warned a few times before the call was made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I guess you'd like to see Lucic not squander any comeback chance, but its promising that he is emotionally engaged; has always been more heart and soul than pure talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Horrible call and one that changed the game, more so, than the performance of the Power Play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

yesterday we agreed not to complain, but..some observations... Let's start with the referees or lack of them. Then look at Ference. Three goals-all from the same spot and Ference watching the puck and out of position for his side of the ice. That's the same place Versteeg scored from. Watching Kamfer let's hope that Bartkowski and others are just like him for the future; actually for now, but Claude will not act on it. Savy is NOT yet any better than when he came back too earlly last yearm so switching with kreji is not succesful. Recchi is not helping this team as his talents erode [ losing control of puck and poor passes]. Wheeler is still unable to finish, one clear shot went 20 feet to the right of the goal; As a reult there are only two functioning lines, and helter-skelter Thornton is not playing good hockey. Those are all observations NOT complaints

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic call was a bad one. What was the final story on the unsportsmanlike at the end of the game?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

About 3 min. left in the game lucic sent a puck soft down the left side boards and then went to go around the defense on the inside of him, believe it was webber, then was knocked off line away from his route to the puck after webber took 2 strides with him. This was as clean and cut an interference as it gets, allmost the perfect example of what the league implemented the rule for.

I'm suprised more people didnt see it, jack and bick seemed to both miss it as well for some reason. I saw it and then about a minute later lucic had a misconduct penalty with 2 min to go. That was the real reason for the yapping from the bench.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bogie I know that wheeler shot you mentioned. Me and my friend started laughing hysterically on that. He was top of the hash marks took a one timer somehow he hit the glass about 12ft high in the opposite corner on what may be the worst shot I have ever seen.

Thornton was trying the Ovechkin move when he drew that penalty, also made me laugh.

The Refs were horrid tonight as well. Both Lucic penalties are garbage if you ask me, I can see the thornton Goalie Interference call but only as a goal callback not a penalty that was another miscall. Kaletta had a worse boarding than Lucic went uncalled.

But I kind of think of it as a fight going to decision in MMA. Alot of the times the better fighter and the one who controlled most of the fight loses in the decision because the Judges simply saw things differently than other people. It can happen to anyone any night unless you go out and finish the Job yourself. Thats why Dana White has always said "if you got a problem with decisions Finisht the fight and eliminate them from the equation". The bruins couldnt finish the sabers last night and the bad Refs became a factor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

3 things.

The Looch chip in play was totally interference.  Sometimes it doesn't pay to try and battle through traffic.  Non calls like that factor in to why some players dive.

The interference call on Thornton was questionable as well.  Miller was at least 10 feet out of the blue.

The 2nd Sabre goal was as a result of Boychuk backing in way too deep and left Stafford in the slot alone on a basic 2 on 2.  Ference wasn't even on the ice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Boarding Penalty : About 3 min. left in the game lucic sent a puck soft down the left side boards and then went to go around the defense on the inside of him, believe it was webber, then was knocked off line away from his route to the puck after webber took 2 strides with him. This was as clean and cut an interference as it gets, allmost the perfect example of what the league implemented the rule for. I'm suprised more people didnt see it, jack and bick seemed to both miss it as well for some reason. I saw it and then about a minute later lucic had a misconduct penalty with 2 min to go. That was the real reason for the yapping from the bench.
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, me and my buddy both just stared at each other when it was a non-call. Chips it in and goes around, D man takes at least 3 steps out of his path to hit Lucic. Unbelieveable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sorry for casting Ference in bad on all 3 goals. You are right, Boychuck never played the man??? That was when I thought- Look at how Kamfer plays, we need more speed and skill from Boychuck[ one solid hit]; Ference; and McQuaid who seems to make more mistakes than Kamfer, who has made the Seidenberg/Kamfer duo the best on the Bruins right now. Lucic's comment was not that far out of line[ no swearing] so O'Rourke has rabbit ears, and needs to talk to Paul Stewart. Making that call with less than 2 minutes should be cause for a fine or more discipline. Stewie should be the ref's disciplinarian.

Sections
Shortcuts