Lucic Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Lucic Call

In Response to Re: Lucic Call:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Hit from behind.  I don't care that its everyones boy.  Lucic hit him from behind.  I already stated that the victims need to be more in control of their actions as well.  Funny that people were calling Richards a dirty rat for his hit but when Lucic does a hit in the numbers its the victims fault.  Homerness at its best.  A spade is a spade whether you wanna believe it or not.  OR we start blaming the victims for everything.  Savy is to blame.  Not Cooke.  Savy put himself in a bad position and should get a penalty.  He should have known Cooke is a piece of garbage and was going to hit him. Give it a rest people.  Lucic is human and will make mistakes.  Bad penalty.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Why do you always bring up the Savvy hit every time? And the Richards penalty was garbage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : dez, I am almost disappointed in you.  Easily one of the most logical and knowledgeable ones on here.  He glided in fisnihed his check into Spaceks numbers which rammed his head into those unforgiven seemless glass and also drew blood.  Did you watch the slow-mo's? His faced smeered against the glass like a bug hitting a windshield.  And that isnt a run from behind.  I know it was a hard pill to swallow but at least call a spade a spade.  Spacek likely hammed it up as well but his head was cut open.  Did he do that to himself?  I am almost shocked at your post.  And I will answer your question.  And I actually will answer the other question 1st.  I think Richards deserved a game.  I think in these rules Lucic deserves a game Dez, again, easily one of the most logical people on here.  But running someone in the numbers is running someone in the numbers.  I didnt like it when Marchand did it.  I didnt like it when Richards did it and just b/c Lucic is off limits to most he screwed up.  Terrible penalty that likely cost us a game.  Along with our brutal PP. 
    Question:
    If it was a major penalty for boarding, which is what I thought it was, does that mean the player is still injected from the game?

To me it was definitely boarding and deserved a 5 minute major.  He hit hit right on the numbers.

I don't think it warrants a suspension and it doesn't matter if the player is hurt or not, regardless of the theatrics, it was a bad hit by Lucic.  He could have finished the check without ramming him hard from behind and his head hit against the glass as a result of the impact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Thank you. Spacek fault he turned to the boards with Lucic coming. He saw Lucic. He could have easily dumped the puck without turning to absorb that hit. I wouldn't have called a penalty in the first place to be honest. What makes me angry about it is the refs waited to see what was going on with spacek to make the call. There'd be no blood if that guy didn't have a visor.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Callo-
    I really like what you bring to the table.  I do.  But the refs waited.  Actually his arm was up instantly.  Did they look at the totality of it and based on the blood called the 5.  Yes, likely so.  But to blame him for wearing a visor.  What next?  He should have worn his skates a size smaller. 

If anything I blame the rink.  That place is a death bed waiting to happen with that glass.  If it had any give he bounces back. 

Guys, I hate losing as well.  But as I said.  I thought Richards deserved 5 and a game.  And I thought Lucic deserved 5 and a game.  There is no doubt that Spacek turned into the boards and for that I agree with the majority hat it was his fault for that.  But in a big game Lucic has to be smarter. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Question: If it was a major penalty for boarding, which is what I thought it was, does that mean the player is still injected from the game? To me it was definitely boarding and deserved a 5 minute major.  He hit hit right on the numbers. I don't think it warrants a suspension and it doesn't matter if the player is hurt or not, regardless of the theatrics, it was a bad hit by Lucic.  He could have finished the check without ramming him hard from behind and his head hit against the glass as a result of the impact.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Love,

I believe its b/c of the intent and injury.  I am no expert but normally thats what follows a hit like that. 

Callo- Richards hit was garbage b/c it was a penalty?  Or a garbage hit? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Hit from behind.  I don't care that its everyones boy.  Lucic hit him from behind.  I already stated that the victims need to be more in control of their actions as well.  Funny that people were calling Richards a dirty rat for his hit but when Lucic does a hit in the numbers its the victims fault.  Homerness at its best.  A spade is a spade whether you wanna believe it or not.  OR we start blaming the victims for everything.  Savy is to blame.  Not Cooke.  Savy put himself in a bad position and should get a penalty.  He should have known Cooke is a piece of garbage and was going to hit him. Give it a rest people.  Lucic is human and will make mistakes.  Bad penalty.

You're apparently one of those who takes statements made by group A and holds them against individuals in group B. 

Good luck with that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Why do you always bring up the Savvy hit every time? And the Richards penalty was garbage.

The reason I bring up the Savy hit is b/c this was where everything changed.  I actually said at the time of that hit he should have known Cooke was on the ice and to keep his head up.  To which I was ripped.  I still stick to that.  With the reputation Cooke has how could you not know. 

And Callo, isnt it funny.  Eberle was run from behind in the numbers and we debated it then.  Now, it happens in a crucial game 6 and we are talking about it again.  If anything the Marchand on Eberle hit was almost identical to Richards but in a different area on the ice.
    The irony is simply delicious

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I won't disagree with what you are saying but until the league eliminates body contact ENTIRELY these issues are going to happen, it took a split second for spacek to turn the wrong way and get pasted, rather than turn the right way and absorb the hit and lucic's intent was, in all likelyhood, not to hit him from behind

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Callo- I really like what you bring to the table.  I do.  But the refs waited.  Actually his arm was up instantly.  Did they look at the totality of it and based on the blood called the 5.  Yes, likely so.  But to blame him for wearing a visor.  What next?  He should have worn his skates a size smaller.  If anything I blame the rink.  That place is a death bed waiting to happen with that glass.  If it had any give he bounces back.  Guys, I hate losing as well.  But as I said.  I thought Richards deserved 5 and a game.  And I thought Lucic deserved 5 and a game.  There is no doubt that Spacek turned into the boards and for that I agree with the majority hat it was his fault for that.  But in a big game Lucic has to be smarter. 
    I'm saying they waited to call the game, which they did. I'm not saying Spacek should or shouldn't wear a visor. But watching that hit it looks to me the visor is the cause of the blood. I have never seen a hit like that draw blood. This has nothing to do with losing and everything to do with calling the game right. I don't think Richards deserved 5 and a game and it was a questionable penalty in my eyes. Lucic being smarter? As being a big guy who uses his body in the rink like Lucic, when you commit to a hit there is not stopping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : You're apparently one of those who takes statements made by group A and hold them against individuals in group B.  Good luck with that. 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

How so?  Please explain.  Who is group A and who is group B.  Last time I checked these boards are about opinions. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Habs are trying to use the rules to their advantage because they are so scared not to get hit.  As soon as they see a Bs player trying to hit them they face the board to get a free pass.  That time Lucic decided to finish his check.  Can you really blame it for that i don't think so.

It was a 2 minutes and that's all.
    It seems like the Habs were going to get the bounces last night.  Seids breaking the stick.  Bergy missing the board on the clearing attemps.  I just hope that the Habs got all the bounces they could have gotten last night and that not the game will be decided 5 on 5 on the ice and no more sisi play!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : The reason I bring up the Savy hit is b/c this was where everything changed.  I actually said at the time of that hit he should have known Cooke was on the ice and to keep his head up.  To which I was ripped.  I still stick to that.  With the reputation Cooke has how could you not know.  And Callo, isnt it funny.  Eberle was run from behind in the numbers and we debated it then.  Now, it happens in a crucial game 6 and we are talking about it again.  If anything the Marchand on Eberle hit was almost identical to Richards but in a different area on the ice. The irony is simply delicious
    haha it is pretty funny and I do like how we are both sticking to the same story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Spacek desserves all the credit on this play ...he acted as he was badly injured ...the referee originally called a 2 minutes and when he saw Spacek on the ice....he called a 5 + a game...real bad call ..believe me I am a referee and this was a 2 minutes at best....clean check no elbow and both skated on the ice ...I think with al the pressure coming from Mtl after the Pacio's hit ...the referee are on a thin line ...got scared that Spacek was really injured and he must have felt pretty bad when he saw Spacek 2 minutes later on the ice.......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : I'm saying they waited to call the game, which they did. I'm not saying Spacek should or shouldn't wear a visor. But watching that hit it looks to me the visor is the cause of the blood. I have never seen a hit like that draw blood. This has nothing to do with losing and everything to do with calling the game right. I don't think Richards deserved 5 and a game and it was a questionable penalty in my eyes. Lucic being smarter? As being a big guy who uses his body in the rink like Lucic, when you commit to a hit there is not stopping.

Callo,

I was hit almost identical to that and my visor sliced me under the eye for 4 zippers.  The screws in the helmet with impact like that can do the same.  But that freakin glass is like a brick wall.  Zero give.  Two large bodies hitting it.  Something has to give.  If it was standard he would have bounced off it like a wrestling ring.  It would have made a huge noise and no one is hurt.  Still likely a penalty.  But no injury-or lack thereof

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Spacek desserves all the credit on this play ...he acted as he was badly injured ...the referee originally called a 2 minutes and when he saw Spacek on the ice....he called a 5 + a game...real bad call ..believe me I am a referee and this was a 2 minutes at best....clean check no elbow and both skated on the ice ...I think with al the pressure coming from Mtl after the Pacio's hit ...the referee are on a thin line ...got scared that Spacek was really injured and he must have felt pretty bad when he saw Spacek 2 minutes later on the ice....... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

If you define that as a clean check I want you as the ref tonight.  There is nothing about that hit that was clean.  You don't hit in the numbers.  Period! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : Callo, I was hit almost identical to that and my visor sliced me under the eye for 4 zippers.  The screws in the helmet with impact like that can do the same.  But that freakin glass is like a brick wall.  Zero give.  Two large bodies hitting it.  Something has to give.  If it was standard he would have bounced off it like a wrestling ring.  It would have made a huge noise and no one is hurt.  Still likely a penalty.  But no injury-or lack thereof
    And I agree completely with this. I would have been fine with a penalty (still pissed because I hate most boarding penalties). The game misconduct was a joke though. That's where my problem lies. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : haha it is pretty funny and I do like how we are both sticking to the same story.

Hockey Gods at their finest.  Haha. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : How so?  Please explain.  Who is group A and who is group B.  Last time I checked these boards are about opinions. 

You hold me accountable for others' inconsistencies.  I have never complained about any of the hits against the Bruins. I am from an age when each player was responsible for his own safety (including, yes, TEACHING players to drill people from behind when they got the chance). I accept that that has changed because of serious injuries, I just think the way it's being done is ruining the game. Perhaps the person who gets hit should get the same penalty as the hitter if the hitee puts himself in a dangerous position. It's silly, but if you're going to crack down on hits that are impossible to avoid (last millisecond hits from behind) then you have to make the pansy crybabies who turn their backs pay a price too.

So, if others act inconsistently, it's got nothing to do with me, but you're the type of person who uses statements from group A (people who complained about hits on Bruins) against group B (me).

I can't make it more obvious and simple than that so if you still don't understand you'll have to seek help elsewhere. Thanks.

(P.S. the call was BOGUS)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : And I agree completely with this. I would have been fine with a penalty (still pissed because I hate most boarding penalties). The game misconduct was a joke though. That's where my problem lies. 

I agree.  I don't know how Richards gets 2 and Lucic gets 5.  Honestly him laying there in a heap didnt help.  And Dez mentioned Plekanec on Chara.  Pretty darn identical with no call.  I was actually worried about the big slug.

We will get our revenge tonight.  Its gonna happen. 

And I do agree with everyone about the players turning into the boards.  Someone is gonna get killed.  They were taught never to do this.  But now its used as a game plan to draw penalties.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : I agree.  I don't know how Richards gets 2 and Lucic gets 5.  Honestly him laying there in a heap didnt help.  And Dez mentioned Plekanec on Chara.  Pretty darn identical with no call.  I was actually worried about the big slug. We will get our revenge tonight.  Its gonna happen.  And I do agree with everyone about the players turning into the boards.  Someone is gonna get killed.  They were taught never to do this.  But now its used as a game plan to draw penalties.
    Some would say it's karma, no? haha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : You hold me accountable for others' inconsistencies.  I have never complained about any of the hits against the Bruins. I am from an age when each player was responsible for his own safety (including, yes, TEACHING players to drill people from behind when they got the chance). I accept that that has changed because of serious injuries, I just think the way it's being done is ruining the game. Perhaps the person who gets hit should get the same penalty as the hitter if the hitee puts himself in a dangerous position. It's silly, but if you're going to crack down on hits that are impossible to avoid (last millisecond hits from behind) then you have to make the pansy crybabies who turn their backs pay a price too. So, if others act inconsistently, it's got nothing to do with me, but you're the type of person who uses statements from group A (people who complained about hits on Bruins) against group B (me). I can't make it more obvious and simple than that so if you still don't understand you'll have to seek help elsewhere. Thanks. (P.S. the call was BOGUS)
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

Actually,  I think I am in group B with you.  I think the league is slowly going downhill b/c it is taking all hits out.  I love Scott Stevens hits.  Head down, knocked out.   I blame Lindros, not Stevens.  
    But I was asked early if I thought it should be a game or whatever and I said yes based on todays rules.  They are eliminating everything in the game.  The Torres hit on Eberle is not a penalty.  The hit on Seabrook is not a penalty.  Its a hockey hit where Seabrook should have known not to be standing flat foot behind the net waiting for a pass or wrap around.

And the only reason I asked for clarity is b/c you said group A and B and I had no idea what you were talking about.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : You hold me accountable for others' inconsistencies.  I have never complained about any of the hits against the Bruins. I am from an age when each player was responsible for his own safety (including, yes, TEACHING players to drill people from behind when they got the chance). I accept that that has changed because of serious injuries, I just think the way it's being done is ruining the game. Perhaps the person who gets hit should get the same penalty as the hitter if the hitee puts himself in a dangerous position. It's silly, but if you're going to crack down on hits that are impossible to avoid (last millisecond hits from behind) then you have to make the pansy crybabies who turn their backs pay a price too. So, if others act inconsistently, it's got nothing to do with me, but you're the type of person who uses statements from group A (people who complained about hits on Bruins) against group B (me). I can't make it more obvious and simple than that so if you still don't understand you'll have to seek help elsewhere. Thanks. (P.S. the call was BOGUS)
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUO

One last thing.  I use people from Group A on occasion b.c the homerness on these boards sometimes is disgusting.  In no way was I trying to call you out.  I normally save that for my boy callo,.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Call : You hold me accountable for others' inconsistencies.  I have never complained about any of the hits against the Bruins. I am from an age when each player was responsible for his own safety (including, yes, TEACHING players to drill people from behind when they got the chance). I accept that that has changed because of serious injuries, I just think the way it's being done is ruining the game. Perhaps the person who gets hit should get the same penalty as the hitter if the hitee puts himself in a dangerous position. It's silly, but if you're going to crack down on hits that are impossible to avoid (last millisecond hits from behind) then you have to make the pansy crybabies who turn their backs pay a price too. So, if others act inconsistently, it's got nothing to do with me, but you're the type of person who uses statements from group A (people who complained about hits on Bruins) against group B (me). I can't make it more obvious and simple than that so if you still don't understand you'll have to seek help elsewhere. Thanks. (P.S. the call was BOGUS) Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUO One last thing.  I use people from Group A on occasion b.c the homerness on these boards sometimes is disgusting.  In no way was I trying to call you out.  I normally save that for my boy callo,.
    And normally I would but I find myself nodding my head in agreement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with Dez - it probably shouldn't even have been a penalty, but two minute minor at worst.  How does Bergeron get called for slightly brushing Price and Gomez drills Thomas and there is no call?  Two 5 on 3's, a 5 minute major and a non-existent power-play for the Bruins and the lousy, diving, whiny Habs still barely win.  Crush them in game 7 boys!! 
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Yeah I couldn't believe that wasn't called.. Gomez wasn't even touched.  Also no one has mentioned the terrible call on Horton when he had a breakaway.  He just stickchecked the guy!  He didn't get his stick in the guys hands, he didn't come down on the stick with a slash, it was just solid stick on stick contact and he was off to the races..   It seems like after the refs blew the call early in the game when they lost sight of the puck and called off the Canadiens goal they were just giving the Canadiens make up call after make up call.  It was frustrating to watch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

mb

trust me it was mentioned.  bergie call on price was the worst I have seen in a while. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that officiating crew should be teeing it up along with the other non-playoff worthy nhl folk. they were clearly not on top of their game last night, it was a very poorly officiated game- let's hope that can't happen in back to back nights. i guess if anyone get's tough in montreal, they get thrown out of the game. what a joke 

Sections
Shortcuts