Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346774

It was worth it, this game last night looked like a mini B's Stars game a few years ago. Ference got em both started, I miss the sheriff man, tough dude. Does Campbell have a say in this or does the conflict of interest cover the entire team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bob7468. Show Bob7468's posts

Re: Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell

I hope Looch goes in there and asks "Hey Collie, is this about that jack@ses elbow to my face?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I loved these lines in the article.

NHL vice-president of hockey operations Mike Murphy will handle the hearing, as the Director of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell's son Gregory is a member of the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Maybe Looch should trade stories with Aaron Ward! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

i'm readung the comments on the article on TSN, a lot of people re bashing Lucic calling him a cheap hit artist and just basically hating. These fans don't know sh it about hockey, clearly a high hit by Meyers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Hope it is only one game but glad he hit him, he deserved it and Meyer should go as well. And lets not forget the cheap shot Looch took from a Duck last year while he was not looking and it put him on the shelf for a few games hurt.

Go B's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you ask Lucic and ask me it was worth it but the way the NHL will always view it is Milan hit Meyer while he was being held by the linesman. Just thankful that Whitfield (Julien's wet dream) isn't back form injury so we'll probably see Arniel or McGratton for a few games.

As far as TSN forum blog dogs a very big portion are Habs and Leaf fans so you can always expect them to say nothing good about any Bruin. Of course it's Ok for Phaneuf to hit Horton in the face while they were on the ice and being held by the linseman. The dartboard justice continues per the norm of course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Whatever happened to the "crackdown" on headshots.....Meyers was definitely headhunting!  What is this...pick and choose....officiating is lukewarm at best!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell:
    Hope it is only one game but glad he hit him, he deserved it and Meyer should go as well. And lets not forget the cheap shot Looch took from a Duck last year while he was not looking and it put him on the shelf for a few games hurt. Go B's
    Posted by jman4

That was that little Mike Brown from the now Make Me Laffs, Jack Edwards called it beat like a two X four when Looch clocked him & Looch was accused of breaking the code because Brown was down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

The front office of NHL is beginning to look like a joke too, much like the new NFL... all being run by incompetent and corrupted dictators that play favoritism for certain teams/players.  A big middle finger to them all, that's what I say!    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This figures! Once again the cowards & cheapshot artists get protected. TSN bloggers are just full of Scab fans & Leaf fans with blinders on! Don't let it bother you. Being Canadian it's an embarressing site!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Dear Milan (and the rest of the team),

Don't change a damn thing. We're cool with what happened and we got your back.

Sincerely,

Bruins Fans Everywhere

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dear Milan (and the rest of the team), Don't change a damn thing. We're cool with what happened and we got your back. Sincerely, Bruins Fans Everywhere
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

With you 100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with most.  If he gets a game or two, fine.  Stick up for yourself.  Get mad.  To heck with the rules, clock the guy.

Basically what I'm saying is:  Be a Bruin.

(Shawn Thornton would have asked him to fight, and when he said "no thank you", Thornton would have skated away.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, love your perspective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Amusingly, the daily cap hit for a player goes away when he is suspended.  Lucic sitting a little while would actually have a silver lining for Chiarelli.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Will the NHL also review the elbow in the face from Meyer ???????

Does the NHL as something against the BRUINS ????? 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (despite the fact that now we have to play against the referees and the NHL )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If you ask Lucic and ask me it was worth it but the way the NHL will always view it is Milan hit Meyer while he was being held by the linesman. Just thankful that Whitfield (Julien's wet dream) isn't back form injury so we'll probably see Arniel or McGratton for a few games. As far as TSN forum blog dogs a very big portion are Habs and Leaf fans so you can always expect them to say nothing good about any Bruin. Of course it's Ok for Phaneuf to hit Horton in the face while they were on the ice and being held by the linseman. The dartboard justice continues per the norm of course.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

So so true.  What a bunch of whiners !
    It's the rule,  fine,  give him his 1 game suspension .   
    Meyer is no saint and I think he's been exposed .  Even Julien said that Meyer's hit was a cheapshot , dirty.  Julien usually is very reserved with his comments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell : So so true.  What a bunch of whiners ! It's the rule,  fine,  give him his 1 game suspension .    Meyer is no saint and I think he's been exposed .  Even Julien said that Meyer's hit was a cheapshot , dirty.  Julien usually is very reserved with his comments.
    Posted by BsLegion

Be careful what you call other posters ( whiners ). A week ago I suggested the same thing about other posters on this same forum after a Bruins win. They didn't like it and told me so. Oh well , I still stand by my original thoughts at the time and I admire your 'call them as you see them' comments.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The meeting will go like this:

Campbell:  Hey Looch, you are having a great year.  Wish I was half the player you are.
    Looch:  Hi, thanks, your kid is a nice guy too.
    Campbell: Hey, can you apologize to Savy for me for those dumb emails.  I wish my kid had 1/10 the talent he does.
    Looch:  Sure thing.
    Campbell:  You know I have to give you one game to keep all those habs and leafs who run the league happy eh.
    Looch:  Yah I know... thats ok, my knuckles need a rest anyway.  Maybe you should have gotten suspended for those dumb emails eh?
    Campbell:  For sure but you know the NHL is a bush league.  We all need to be suspended... See you looch, protect my kid for me eh..
    Looch: Yah yah.. for sure..  I'm sure we will be talking soon enough... (whispers under his breath as he walks away... what an @@@hole)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Lucic will be meeting with Mike Murphy, VP of Hockey Operations on Monday, not Colin Campbell. Because Colin's son Greg plays for the Bruins its deemed a conflict of interest. Anyhow, Lucic will receive only a one game suspension.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Lucic is probably my favorite Bruin as he has showed a pattern of raising his game in the playoffs & big games. I also love the uniqueness he brings to the team & he has been outstanding this year.

However, I didn't like the punch to Meyer. Regardless of the embellishment by Meyer I thought it was a little cheap. The hit by Meyer was a bit high but he is also much smaller then Looch. Ference & the Bruins responded properly so I though the Lucic punch was unnecessary.

With that said, Lucic must answer the bell if Bolton comes calling on Thursday night. He didn't with Laroque after the Komisarek fight. He has to be careful of getting a rep as picking his spots. I believe he will answer the bell as he should but if he doesn't it will look bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Lucic is probably my favorite Bruin as he has showed a pattern of raising his game in the playoffs & big games. I also love the uniqueness he brings to the team & he has been outstanding this year. However, I didn't like the punch to Meyer. Regardless of the embellishment by Meyer I thought it was a little cheap. The hit by Meyer was a bit high but he is also much smaller then Looch. Ference & the Bruins responded properly so I though the Lucic punch was unnecessary. With that said, Lucic must answer the bell if Bolton comes calling on Thursday night. He didn't with Laroque after the Komisarek fight. He has to be careful of getting a rep as picking his spots. I believe he will answer the bell as he should but if he doesn't it will look bad.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I just posted on another thread that this will be the "topic du jour" if Lucic doesn't drop his gloves. 
    Lucic is the Bruins top goal scorer and he must drop his gloves with Boulton ??
    Is he even in the same league ? 
    What Lucic should do is go after the guy that has a beef with him or the other way around .  Meyer got sucker punched ? Then he should fight his own battles. The minute Meyer opened the door with a high hit he should have known there would be a reaction.  This means he could fight his open battles.
    What will be very interesting is what Ramsey will do. He has the last change therefore if Lucic's line goes on the ice will Ramsey send his goon squad on the ice ? 
    Let's see if he has a short memory from the days he was a Bruins coach and against Lucic dropping his gloves for goons like Laraque.
    The best way for Lucic to get back at Meyer is continuous body checks,  make him eat the glass. That's how you make him pay,  not fighting a guy with a visor so you can crack your fingers and be out 4-6weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Called To Meet Colin Campbell : I just posted on another thread that this will be the "topic du jour" if Lucic doesn't drop his gloves.  Lucic is the Bruins top goal scorer and he must drop his gloves with Boulton ?? Is he even in the same league ?  What Lucic should do is go after the guy that has a beef with him or the other way around .  Meyer got sucker punched ? Then he should fight his own battles. The minute Meyer opened the door with a high hit he should have known there would be a reaction.  This means he could fight his open battles. What will be very interesting is what Ramsey will do . He has the last change therefore if Lucic's line goes on the ice will Ramsey send his goon squad on the ice ?  Let's see if he has a short memory from the days he was a Bruins coach and against Lucic dropping his gloves for goons like Laraque. The best way for Lucic to get back at Meyer is continuous body checks,  make him eat the glass. That's how you make him pay,  not fighting a guy with a visor so you can crack your fingers and be out 4-6weeks.
    Posted by BsLegion

Meyer is not in Lucic's league fighting wise. Fact is if the shoe was on the other foot & Evander Kane punched Andrew Ference in that situation you can bet that Thornton or Lucic would make Kane answer the bell & we would not expect Ference to go after Kane.

I have no problem with Atlanta sending Boulton after Lucic. In fact I expect it. But given the situation I expect Lucic to answer the bell & I expect he will. If he doesn't people will say Looch picks his spots. Regardless of Lucic being a better hockey player you have to be accountable & I believe he will. Even Matt Cooke answered the bell when Thornton came calling.

I expect a Lucic-Bolton fight early & then that will be over. If Lucic doesn't answer the bell then I will have a problem with that even though he is one my favorite players. I can't change my opinion because of the laundry he is wearing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Lucic is a top line wing. He scores goals. He doesn't need to fight anyone.

In fact he should play it smart if anyone goes after him and cause Atlanta some penalty minutes and go after the game winning goal.

Sections
Shortcuts