Lucic can thank Horton.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Lucic can thank Horton.

I truly believed that Lucic was going to be a 25-25 type player with a nasty streak. IMO this season I think Horton has had a lot to do with it. Here's why. Instead of Lucic being the "heavy" on any particular line. Horton has help create space for Lucic because a lot of teams would rather try & shadow Horton than Lucic. I think it makes Horton that much more valuable too because it does help Milan to not only score goals, but he's setting them up. Yes I predicted 25a, but I didn't expect those to actually come from passing the puck to a streaking Chara like tonight. I figured they'd be from taking a shot & someone putting in a rebound.
    The scariest 3 in hockey for a line I think is the RPG in Anaheim. I really think that we've only skimmed the surface for what Horts & Lucic can bring. This is one reason I want the Habs in the first round. I think there's going to be a burr under the saddle of Lucic after what happened last year. I think Lucic plays his best hockey in the play-offs against the Canadiens & I think Horton playing in his first post season ever will certainly be hungrier than a BRUIN in spring thaw.

Another thing why I think Lucic & Horton want the Habs? Everybody knows the smaller Habs can't handle a consent physical game. Philly showed that last year. Even Halek couldn't save them in that series. Chara will also give the Hab fans reason to actually hate him. He's going to start getting pissed off over their antics & say. " You want something to boo about! Well watch this!" I don't mean by illegal stuff either. He's just going to be making anyone with a Habs jersey feel like they've been hit by VIA rail train!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Lucic can thank Horton.

In Response to Lucic can thank Horton.:
    [QUOTE]I truly believed that Lucic was going to be a 25-25 type player with a nasty streak. IMO this season I think Horton has had a lot to do with it. Here's why. Instead of Lucic being the "heavy" on any particular line. Horton has help create space for Lucic because a lot of teams would rather try & shadow Horton than Lucic. I think it makes Horton that much more valuable too because it does help Milan to not only score goals, but he's setting them up. Yes I predicted 25a, but I didn't expect those to actually come from passing the puck to a streaking Chara like tonight. I figured they'd be from taking a shot & someone putting in a rebound. The scariest 3 in hockey for a line I think is the RPG in Anaheim. I really think that we've only skimmed the surface for what Horts & Lucic can bring. This is one reason I want the Habs in the first round. I think there's going to be a burr under the saddle of Lucic after what happened last year. I think Lucic plays his best hockey in the play-offs against the Canadiens & I think Horton playing in his first post season ever will certainly be hungrier than a BRUIN in spring thaw.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Count me in full agreement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Could be the 2011 version of Legion Of Doom?  Minus the big man in the middle. 
    I was one who thought Lucic would always be a 20 goal guy and I fully admit I was wrong about his talent.  To put this on Horton somewhat takes a bit of the steam away from Lucic.  I actually think he is just healthy again.  Having Horton with him is a nice side distraction for sure.

I sure hope you are right about Horton and the playoffs b.c this team as constructed needs everyone to be helping and he will be one of the main guys. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Golf clap! I agree 100% A lot of Hortons game comes from things you don't see on a stat sheet. These two together are monsters. You have to add Krejci though as well. He adds that other dimension and when you put those three against RPG they are very close (numbers wise).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic can thank Horton.:
    [QUOTE]Could be the 2011 version of Legion Of Doom?  Minus the big man in the middle.  I was one who thought Lucic would always be a 20 goal guy and I fully admit I was wrong about his talent.  To put this on Horton somewhat takes a bit of the steam away from Lucic.  I actually think he is just healthy again.  Having Horton with him is a nice side distraction for sure. I sure hope you are right about Horton and the playoffs b.c this team as constructed needs everyone to be helping and he will be one of the main guys. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Oh speaking about the middle man? Who's another Bruin who seems to play 3x's better in the post season?
    And I don't wanna take anything away from Lucic. I just think Hortons presence has helped Lucic get more space to be an even better total package then what was expected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Could be the 2011 version of Legion Of Doom?  Minus the big man in the middle.  I was one who thought Lucic would always be a 20 goal guy and I fully admit I was wrong about his talent.  To put this on Horton somewhat takes a bit of the steam away from Lucic.  I actually think he is just healthy again.  Having Horton with him is a nice side distraction for sure. I sure hope you are right about Horton and the playoffs b.c this team as constructed needs everyone to be helping and he will be one of the main guys. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe,you know I wouldn't want to downplay what Lucic does for the Bruins.That said,I didn't expect Horton to have more scraps than him.That's just one of the areas he's eased the pressure on Lucic.My brother and I we're saying the same thing about the Legion of Doom comparisons during the game.People were just getting out of their way on some of the shifts tonight.The line played great.The speed on the Seguin-Peverly-Kelly line was giving NJ fits all night too.There just might be 3 solid lines in Boston if everyone keeps working hard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Horton actually does a lot of the dirty work that Lucic had to do for the entire line.  So I agree that its a nice combo.  DK as a play maker stirs the drink.  Lucic being healthy is huge. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Golf clap! I agree 100% A lot of Hortons game comes from things you don't see on a stat sheet. These two together are monsters. You have to add Krejci though as well. He adds that other dimension and when you put those three against RPG they are very close (numbers wise).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Yes DK does add that dimension, but a different one. I think the RPG line is a lot like as Shupe says "Legion of Doom" but the LOD line had nowhere near the toughness that the RPG line has. LeClaire was a huge man as was Renberg, but they're no Perry & Ryan! You never would've heard any of those wingers say. "Hey Pavel..Tell Samuelsson he's gonna get it! You're gonna get it too!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic can thank Horton. : "Hey Pavel..Tell Samuelsson he's gonna get it! You're gonna get it too!"
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    That is exactly why Perry is one of my favorite players in the league. That kid plays with a lot of heart and snarl. Excellent hockey player. Even if his fight with Pavel was lees than stellar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree but i also think that Lucic can also thank his own work ethic... he also was healty so far... let's all knock on wood!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Never had a problem with Looch's work ethic. It's awesome to see him get rewarded a lot more from it. Getting that extra space with the help of a teammate, plus what you do for yourself usually pays huge dividends!

Sections
Shortcuts