1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lucic deal

18 mill 3 yr extension.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Re: Lucic deal

Sounds good to me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerb. Show gerb's posts

Lucic isn't a $6 million a year player.  Take away all of his empty-net goals the last two years and you see that he's a slow, lumbering player who occasionally plays well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerb. Show gerb's posts

There's a big difference between wanting Lucic on your team and paying him $6 million.  He's not the 2nd best player on the Bruins and he shouldn't be paid as such.  There's a reason that everyone would've gladly included Lucic in a deal to get Rick Nash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to gerb's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's a big difference between wanting Lucic on your team and paying him $6 million.  He's not the 2nd best player on the Bruins and he shouldn't be paid as such.  There's a reason that everyone would've gladly included Lucic in a deal to get Rick Nash.

[/QUOTE]
    Speak for yourself - no way I would have included Lucic in a deal for Nash.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who was suggesting anything like that? A fool like you perhaps?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PWWWTTT! I never heard one "level headed poster" on here mentioning Lucic for Nash. Is Looch worth 6 mill? Honestly, I'd say no, but I will tell you one thing. After having my favourite team refusing to pay their decent players money they got elsewhere for so long? It sure is nice to have a GM that actually shows that he wants to win a championship EVERY YEAR and not just have a team make the play-offs and be happy about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PWWWTTT! I never heard one "level headed poster" on here mentioning Lucic for Nash. Is Looch worth 6 mill? Honestly, I'd say no, but I will tell you one thing. After having my favourite team refusing to pay their decent players money they got elsewhere for so long? It sure is nice to have a GM that actually shows that he wants to win a championship EVERY YEAR and not just have a team make the play-offs and be happy about that.

[/QUOTE]

100% spot on!  An excellent summation of the brutal past and progressive present Bruin management.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really hope this is sarcasm !! Nash is an over rated whiner who should have rotted in Columbus. What ever happened to honoring contracts ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think given the length of the contract it's okay. If it was like a 6-8 year contract at 6m per I'd be a little worried. However, Lucic brings more to the table than 25-30 goals, and a players value isn't stricly based on goals scored like some seem to think. He's a big physical presence, intimidator, and really isn't as bad of a skater/passer as some say he his in my opinion.

Given the contracts players have been recieving this year I have no problem at all with Lucic's 3/18m. Seems reasonable. Hopefully they can hold onto him for a long time because there really isn't anyone else like him playing the NHL right now (closest becing Clowe or Simmonds)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

and they say that JJ's one of the hardliners?....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think given the length of the contract it's okay. If it was like a 6-8 year contract at 6m per I'd be a little worried. However, Lucic brings more to the table than 25-30 goals, and a players value isn't stricly based on goals scored like some seem to think. He's a big physical presence, intimidator, and really isn't as bad of a skater/passer as some say he his in my opinion.

Given the contracts players have been recieving this year I have no problem at all with Lucic's 3/18m. Seems reasonable. Hopefully they can hold onto him for a long time because there really isn't anyone else like him playing the NHL right now (closest becing Clowe or Simmonds)...

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Doan & Brown are there too, but neither are as young, or as tough as Lucic. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I posted this in the other thread but seems like this is the one ppl are using now.

Lucic may have the rarest skillset in the league.  He's not the best goal scorer and he's not the toughest player (although the cbc player poll would even disagree with that) but he's by far the toughest goal scorer.

1st liners and 4th liners tend to cancel eachother out with skill and toughness, he's out there hitting the best players in the world because he's on the ice at the same time.  And if a team wants to counter, their lineup gets significantly worse.  I recall montreal using laraque on their first line because he was out there.

The same people saying they paid to much would be saying they can't believe the Bruins let him walk because someone else offered him 6.5 mil.  Plus, how much merchandise does he sell? I don't have the figures, i'm guessing more then any other Bruin by a significant margin which I'm sure comes into consideration when signing a contract.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bump

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

bump

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I feel like the Mars probe, looking for intelligent conversation, and finding just random rocks.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

PC has done a fantastic job this off season, clearly his best since he signed Chara and Savard. In my opinion, all these contracts are resonable, the core of the team is set, now all he has to do is provide good players around them, and for that, he would really need to improve his drafting skills.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel like the Mars probe, looking for intelligent conversation, and finding just random rocks.  

[/QUOTE]

Isla, it was worse before when null bumped all his bogus threads to the top.

So Red, NeelyOrrBourque did the same.  At least the real threads are on page 1 for now.

Until the low life comes back again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who walked that you would have liked to have seen be retained?

This is a common mistake by Bruins fans.  They complain about how many people left the team because the B's refused to pay, yet they can't put even five guys on the list.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who walked that you would have liked to have seen be retained?

This is a common mistake by Bruins fans.  They complain about how many people left the team because the B's refused to pay, yet they can't put even five guys on the list.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Remember when Harry was the first to walk away after an arbitration case when Dimitri Kristich won his. How did that work out? Harry (yes, some was Mike O'Connell, but lets face it, he was pretty much an extension of Harry) He played hardball with Jason Allison, refused to pay Guerin etc.This goes back to the days of Tom fergus. .What most people don't get is if more teams back then ran their franchise the way Harry did, I seriosuly doubt we would have had ANY lockouts in the past.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

bump

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

yup bump!

Sections
Shortcuts