Lucic fight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Lucic fight

Was I the only one yelling at the screen "DON'T BREAK YOUR HAND!!!!!"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Lucic fight

Yes.   You were.  The rest of us were screaming, "KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Actually, I yelled both! "Kill him but don't break your hand!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not a great idea from Lucic ...OMG dont we need him in the playoffs...it wouldnt be a great move if he would break his hand just before the playoffs....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic fight:
    Not a great idea from Lucic ...OMG dont we need him in the playoffs...it wouldnt be a great move if he would break his hand just before the playoffs.... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I loved it because Rosehill was sticking up for Komisarek who Lucic got into it with a little earlier (On TSN's feed they showed Komisarek going to the box during the TV timeout to thank Rosehill).

Lucic continues to send a message of complete physical dominance and intimidation to Komisarek. I know the TML are irrelevant now and we need Lucic but I like that ongoing battle. It also says, "this is our house so we'll do as we please."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah as great of a fighter as Lucic is... he became way too much important to this this team to just fight with goons!! ...but then again if he is beating Komisarek...umm...ok!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oh please you guys. Would you have wanted Neely to stop fighting because he was too valuable. A major part of the value of players like Lucic and Neely is their ability to throw down when the occasion calls for it and tonight against Rosehill it was that time. Do you honestly think that after taking on the toughest the Leafs have to offer anyone will be crosschecking or agitating Lucic. No way in hell....

Neely is in the Hall not in small part because of his ability to fight when he had to. Lucic gets the space necessary against opposing defencemen to score 30 because he intimidates. It comes with the territory and I am glad Lucic still does so on occasion and does not think he is too important to do things that contribute to his success....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Oh please you guys. Would you have wanted Neely to stop fighting because he was too valuable. A major part of the value of players like Lucic and Neely is their ability to throw down when the occasion calls for it and tonight against Rosehill it was that time. Do you honestly think that after taking on the toughest the Leafs have to offer anyone will be crosschecking or agitating Lucic. No way in hell.... Neely is in the Hall not in small part because of his ability to fight when he had to. Lucic gets the space necessary against opposing defencemen to score 30 because he intimidates. It comes with the territory and I am glad Lucic still does so on occasion and does not think he is too important to do things that contribute to his success....
    Posted by jmwalters

Well said, but Cam never got into the HOF because of his fighting skills. I will say I have no problem with Lucic tangling with anybody! That's his game. I think it's awesome to be the only team in the NHL who has a 30 goal scorer & has the ability to take on the other teams enforcer & hold his own very well!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Lucic fight:
    Was I the only one yelling at the screen "DON'T BREAK YOUR HAND!!!!!"? Posted by red75

Lucic is an idiot for fighting this late in the season in a worthless meaningless game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Yes.   You were.  The rest of us were screaming, "KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

speak for yourself. thank you

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic fight : Well said, but Cam never got into the HOF because of his fighting skills. I will say I have no problem with Lucic tangling with anybody! That's his game. I think it's awesome to be the only team in the NHL who has a 30 goal scorer & has the ability to take on the other teams enforcer & hold his own very well!
    Posted by nitemare-38

No, it was his combination fo goal-scoring ability and brawn. He was the first modern power forward and a big reason for his success was his targeting of opposing defencemen for a fight and then intimidating them for the rest of the game which gave him the necessary room to get off  quality shots on goal. This was his style of game and it got him into the Hall....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Good point, Nitemare: Don't take away what makes Lucic so special. It's the blend of skills he brings rather than any one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Oh please you guys. Would you have wanted Neely to stop fighting because he was too valuable. A major part of the value of players like Lucic and Neely is their ability to throw down when the occasion calls for it and tonight against Rosehill it was that time. Do you honestly think that after taking on the toughest the Leafs have to offer anyone will be crosschecking or agitating Lucic. No way in hell.... Neely is in the Hall not in small part because of his ability to fight when he had to. Lucic gets the space necessary against opposing defencemen to score 30 because he intimidates. It comes with the territory and I am glad Lucic still does so on occasion and does not think he is too important to do things that contribute to his success....
    Posted by jmwalters

I absolutely agree.  Lucic is finding the right balance of agression and scoring and putting his own signature on becoming his generation's modern power forward.  More power to him....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic fight : I absolutely agree.  Lucic is finding the right balance of agression and scoring and putting his own signature on becoming his generation's modern power forward.  More power to him....
    Posted by gardenbees

Exactly, and if it means Milan sits for 5 minutes so be it. There are 20 other players on the team that can fill in for him when he is having a rest in the penalty box...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Lucic fight : Lucic is an idiot for fighting this late in the season in a worthless meaningless game.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

If Boston would have won they would have clinched the division. If Toronto would have loss they would have been that much closer to being knocked out of playoff contention. Not worthless, not meaningless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Lucic fight : Lucic is an idiot for fighting this late in the season in a worthless meaningless game.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sorry Sandog, but when athlete's make millions to entertain, they better entertain. If Lucic skated away, what would we be saying? Lucic isn't the enforcer, but his game is thru intimidating the opposition to create space for his linemates & himself. No game is meaningless to the people who show up to watch the players do what they're expected to do. You may not have paid any money to watch tonite, but 17,000 + did. Rosehill isn't a GL who plays 2 shifts per nite. Lucic did his job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Posted by SanDogBrewin

You'd be the same guy saying Lucic was a panzy if he had walked away !

Lucic did what he had to do...Toronto likes to intimidate other teams...and Lucic
    is one of our best responses to that intimidation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I am a HUGE Lucic fan.  I was not a fan of the fight.  That was arguably Toronto's best fighter coming freshly out of the box, so he was rested.  With 6 games left in the season what does Looch have to prove by fighting a 4 minute per game goon.  As we go down the stretch i would like to see the Bruins call up someone to handle the fighting with Thorts out.  Boston has alot of games vs the bottom feeder with goons that we do not want Lucic or Chara having to do the heavy lifting. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"What does Lucic have to prove...?"  Sometimes you have to look at this the other way around.  What does Lucic gain by fighting Rosehill, regardless of situation, rest, and every other circumstance?

Intimidation.  Komisarek isn't a little guy, a rookie, a skill player, but his big brother came calling to fight his fight.  And Lucic came close to handing him big broteher's @55 in a net bag.  Couple of those haymakers  would have powdered a cinder block.  I can't say Lucic really won the fight.  Looked fairly even, with no signature shot, but even so, Rosehill's intervention hardly had the effect it was intended to have.  And Lucic's message is loud and clear.  He's going to do whatever he wants to you, and there's not a dam thing anyone on your bench can do about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

"What does Lucic have to prove...?"  Sometimes you have to look at this the other way around.  What does Lucic gain by fighting Rosehill, regardless of situation, rest, and every other circumstance? Intimidation.  Komisarek isn't a little guy, a rookie, a skill player, but his big brother came calling to fight his fight.  And Lucic came close to handing him big broteher's @55 in a net bag.  Couple of those haymakers  would have powdered a cinder block.  I can't say Lucic really won the fight.  Looked fairly even, with no signature shot, but even so, Rosehill's intervention hardly had the effect it was intended to have.  And Lucic's message is loud and clear.  He's going to do whatever he wants to you, and there's not a dam thing anyone on your bench can do about it.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You hit the nail on the head! Well said. Old time hockey baby

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Looch was filling the void left by Thornton tonight, plus he can't walk away, Komisarak was too much of a kitty cat to do anything
    Go back to Russia Komisarak, dammit

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought the fight was great. When they got untangled, it looked like it was a scripted fight from a movie and the camera angle in the end zone was awesome.  I was watching it on a big projector screen in a sports pub and it looked epic.  But I too cringe these days when Lucic fights.  He's been one the team's MVP, losing him to a broken finger could derail what they have going.  But you can't rain in the Beast.  His whole game would suffer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

and what a bi-otch, Komisarek....yapping at Looch from behind 3, 4 players and a ref or two......getting your Daddy to try and get his lunch money back from the bully..once a hab always a hab!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

and what a bi-otch, Komisarek....yapping at Looch from behind 3, 4 players and a ref or two......getting your Daddy to try and get his lunch money back from the bully..once a hab always a hab!
    Posted by golden9x2

The legacy of Konisarek continues: hit little guys from behind, stick people in the shins, generally act tough, then run away from a fight and have the resident goon take your place.....

Sections
Shortcuts