Lucic Fights

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Lucic Fights

Is it just me but it seems when Lucic had Neil wobbling he let up and waited for Neil to stand up which he came back to sting him.  He did the same thing against Orr a couple years ago and with a few other players.   Why doesn't he finish them or throw them down?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Re: Lucic Fights

In response to mattbs' comment:

Is it just me but it seems when Lucic had Neil wobbling he let up and waited for Neil to stand up which he came back to sting him.  He did the same thing against Orr a couple years ago and with a few other players.   Why doesn't he finish them or throw them down?

It's "the code". The farkin code. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think things happen alot faster when your actually involved in the fight. Neil is a tough cat, Lucic seemed to tire and Neil kept throwing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I understand if one guy falls down you don't keep punching but in this case i don't see that code from other fighters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Scum like Orr, Rinaldo and McLaren hit players when they are down and defenseless. Lucic wanted to keep fighting so he let Neil back up then got tired. Milan could have easily just got on top of Neil when Chris went down.

Then the name of this thread would be called "Lucic bailed on his fight- Why didn't he keep fighting ?".

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Lucic to play angry and fight angry, but I think part of being respected in the league is doing things like that.  No question that he held up and let Neil back onto his feet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think Lucic wanted to knock him out, or at least bloody him up, but cleanly.  It seemed to me that he allowed Neil back to his feet under the umbrella of "Get up so I can hit you again".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I like Lucic to play angry and fight angry, but I think part of being respected in the league is doing things like that.  No question that he held up and let Neil back onto his feet.

I don't think Neil would have returned the same courtesy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How is it nobody's commenting on the fact that in his typical spot picking fashion, Neil went after Lucic when he was fresh and Milan was at the end of a shift. Lucic had just forechecked hard for 54 seconds when Neil saw a good time to go after him. BTW, Neil was on for 16 seconds before the fight. Typical. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

How is it nobody's commenting on the fact that in his typical spot picking fashion, Neil went after Lucic when he was fresh and Milan was at the end of a shift. Lucic had just forechecked hard for 54 seconds when Neil saw a good time to go after him. BTW, Neil was on for 16 seconds before the fight. Typical. 

Neil really forced the issue this time around.  I saw Neil approach Lucic once before and Lucic skated away. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Neil did his job.  Love him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sure Lucic might have let up in that fight but its doesn't matter. He grabbed another assist in that game which could have only help his confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I think  Lucic is just  a stand up tpye of guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Grade A1 comment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love that Neil knows his role.  Hes there to protect his teammates.  and he did just that.  Kudos to lucic for going with Neil.  Neil went after him earlier as well.  Neil is gonna go bonkers on the habs.   Wish we had him on our 3rd line.  Orr and co wouldnt get a free pass.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I love that Neil knows his role.  Hes there to protect his teammates.  and he did just that.  Kudos to lucic for going with Neil.  Neil went after him earlier as well.  Neil is gonna go bonkers on the habs.   Wish we had him on our 3rd line.  Orr and co wouldnt get a free pass.  

Thornton can't hang with Orr and McLaren.  They'll put him next to Savard on LTIR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Thornton can't hang with Orr and McLaren.  They'll put him next to Savard on LTIR.

I'm not I sure I agree Nas.   Orr really leads with his head and is prone to getting tagged.  Orr isn't a defensive fighter, he goes out there and wants to swing for the fences and he's been tagged more then a few times, but he's also landed some big punches too.    McClaren is good when he uses his huge reach, but he's been tagged a few times too. 

I think Thorton can hold his own provided he doesn't go toe to toe.  Orr and McClaren are pure fighters and they'll lose their share.  Thorton is more tactical and if he can tie up the other guy he'll do okay.

I don't think the fighting is going to be an issue.  Orr and McClaren helps the other guys from getting intimidated by the Bruins which have been in the past.

I  actuall think the best fighter on the Leafs is Fraser.  He's our version of your McQuaid.

Bruins have more depth when it comes to the physical play.

I agree with Shup on Neil, though.  Hate his guts but wish the Leafs had him.  I think Ottawa will take Montreal in 6 or 7 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont get why more fighters dont change levels.  Watch a vintage Pacquaio fight.  Up, down, up, down the whole fight.  You cant really move that well back and forth or laterally in a hockey fight.  I dont get why they dont use vertical head movement more.  Its very effective.  And a good leaping hook from the crouch is very effective.  Just ask Freddie Roach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I also wonder why MMA fighters dont jab more.